Freedom is more than a word

jufa

Sun 30 Jul, 2017 04:11 pm
I viewed a funeral of America in words accepted of ignorant hopefuls to regain a past that never belonged to them. Words not from poets of metaphors, or ideological philosophers, nor preachers of myth, but the nominee of the GOP (Republican Party). Words from a man such as I. A dreamer who dreamed dreams of being the ultimate ego, not becoming. There was no speculation of what happened before he became consciously aware of himself. No theorizing about a God, nor intentions concerning “WE THE PEOPLE,” and how America came to be the great nation it is today. I saw a man eulogizing over the death of unity and comradeship, and the merging of freemen and slaves, whether to debt or chains, from all nations coming together and building railroads, cotton mills, steel and coal institutions to make America the greatest nation of the modern era of mankind.

You have seen this man come into the consciousness of the destitute by bragging about how much money he has, his upbringing and education, his climb into the nation’s consciousness, then the world. You have seen this man’s achievements and the blood his feet and legs are covered with from stepping and squashing the skulls of those who believed his money and greed would allow them, should they follow him, to become providers of their families and leave a direct path of light for the next generation to follow and become better people.

But freedom is more than a word. Freedom is a push of ones own dreams and hopes of achieving goals which will better not only the space one occupies, but the earth and the world for all people. Freedom is the liberation of the ignorant of doing nothing by taking individual responsibility to know each individual has the power within themselves to do what is right for all mankind, which will achieve far more goodness for America, and one world, nation, state, and community.

Never give power to anything a person believes is their source of strength - jufa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,900 • Replies: 22
Topic Closed
No top replies

CosCom Love

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 02:01 am
@jufa,
Freedom is priceless. Freedom unveils one to their potential to achieve maximum feats that can affect people. No one can become optimally useful to others except if he has a good measure of freedom.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Tue 4 Sep, 2018 02:43 am
very few countries would agree usa is a great country rather warmongers inciting hate to dominate other countries political beliefs. greater freedom is available in many countries other than usa. freedom is won by prosperity and dedication of its members
0 Replies

avivaknin

Wed 17 Apr, 2019 11:27 pm
I have no words to define freedom. Ask the meaning from prisoner? Ask the meaning from Cage bird? Ask the meaning from Tree? Ask the meaning from slaves?. It is priceless and can only be feel.
jufa

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 11:42 am
@avivaknin,
Freedom is not taking possession of any thought within ones living consciousness. Taking possession is stopping freedom from flowing free, which then chains ones to the thought of self-possessiveness, which is impossible. Thoughts are free.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 12:52 pm
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 01:03 pm
And even then it's nothin' if it ain't free.
maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:06 pm
@Glennn,
Feeling Good was easy, Lord... when he sang the blues...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:27 pm
@Glennn,
It's funny Glennn... someone is thumbing you up and me down. I am enjoying our duet.

In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom. – J. G. Ballard

0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:30 pm
Yes, you did get the thumbs down. I'll offer some lyrics that are bound to get me thumbed down, too:

But feelin' good ain't good enough for me;
I'll need a million dollars, maybe three.
maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:39 pm
@Glennn,
The word "Freedom" is funny, because it means pretty much whatever you want it to mean.

People on the left talk about the freedom to have same-sex marriages. People on the right talk about the freedom to prevent same-sex marriages. Some people in Cuba say Freedom is overthrowing the Castro regime, to others defending the Castro regime is defending freedom.

Anyone who believes anything believes that they are on the side of freedom.
Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:45 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Anyone who believes anything believes that they are on the side of freedom.

And in that way, we are all free.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:49 pm
A lot of people believe that money makes them free. Are they right, or are they wrong?
maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:52 pm
@Glennn,
English is broken; there is no way to tell the difference between "free speech" and "free beer".

(paraphrased from Miguel de Icaza, leader of the Gnome software project).

Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 04:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I want to be free of the need for money.
jufa

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 04:41 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

How can you be free of this need as long as you possess the thought?
Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 04:47 pm
@jufa,
But where did the thought come from?
0 Replies

jufa

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 04:53 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

English is broken; there is no way to tell the difference between "free speech" and "free beer".

(paraphrased from Miguel de Icaza, leader of the Gnome software project).

Objects nor subjects define freedom. Everyone has freedom of thought, what breaks thoughts into bits and pieced is the fact everyone interpret their thoughts according to their experiences, as displayed in this thread. Nonetheless, thoughts cannot be confined by interpretations of experience, for the freedom of thought comes by one being able to think freely objectively or subjectively on what they experience.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 04:53 pm
@jufa,
jufa wrote:

Glennn wrote:

How can you be free of this need as long as you possess the thought?

Simple! About $10 million would do it for me
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 9 Jun, 2019 07:34 pm
@jufa,
Then freedom is a state of mind. And that state of mind is dependent on what you choose to acknowledge as well as what you choose to ignore.