Charlie Gard Has Passed

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 07:47 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That is exactly what Trump meant when he said "I am a winner", and "I can solve this". Trump is winning so much... which is why not even the Democrats, with their majorities in both houses in Congress, can stop him.
You can't stop a winner.

Might be what he meant. What I was thinking though is more along the lines of legislation outlawing the Democratic Party in America.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 08:11 pm
@oralloy,
Yes Oralloy. We should just round up all the Democrats and shoot them. Then America will truly have freedom.

That's what "Make America Great Again" means, isn't it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:01 pm
@maxdancona,
It would be more appropriate to simply outlaw the party.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:06 pm
@oralloy,
You know those Democrats and liberals. They will never listen. They hate freedom. The Republicans are going to have to do something to keep them from voting, or from protesting.

Freedom can't allow the Democrats to have any impact on our free political process. If they keep protesting and voting... we are going to have to round them up. Freedom demands it.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You know those Democrats and liberals. They will never listen. They hate freedom.

Correct.

maxdancona wrote:
The Republicans are going to have to do something to keep them from voting, or from protesting.

Voting and protesting is not the problem. The Democrats' abuse of the law to bring false charges against innocent people for merely disagreeing with the Democrats is the problem.

maxdancona wrote:
Freedom can't allow the Democrats to have any impact on our free political process.

Certainly not when the only thing the Democrats ever do is abuse the law to conduct witch hunts against innocent people.

maxdancona wrote:
If they keep protesting and voting... we are going to have to round them up. Freedom demands it.

As noted above, protesting and voting is not the behavior that is objectionable.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:56 pm
@oralloy,
The problem is that if we let the freedom hating Democrats vote, they will elect people like Obama who then appoint judges who rule against Republicans and hate freedom. Democrats should have never been allowed to elect a freedom hating president. If you let them vote, they can sometimes get a majority. That should never be allowed.

We need to stop Democrats from having any access to the courts. The only way to do that is to stop them from voting so that no freedom hating Democrat can appoint freedom hating judges. We agree that only Republicans should be able to file charges in a court of law. We can't get to this point if we let freedom-hating Democrats vote. Only a freedom hating judge will think that a Democrat should have access to courts to file charges. We need to stop the freedom hating judges from being appointed.

Only Republicans should be allowed to file charges in court. And, only Republicans should be allowed to vote. That is the only way we can have freedom.

I still think we should round them up and shoot them. Why wouldn't you shoot someone who hates freedom?

roger

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:14 pm
@maxdancona,
Yeah. I totally love freedom, at least for myself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The problem is that if we let the freedom hating Democrats vote, they will elect people like Obama who then appoint judges who rule against Republicans and hate freedom.

That's certainly a problem, but I think we have it licked. We're soon to have seven justices on the court who obey the Constitution.

The real problem is the way the Democrats abuse the law by bringing false charges against innocent people.

maxdancona wrote:
We need to stop Democrats from having any access to the courts.

Why? That seems unfair and unconstitutional.

maxdancona wrote:
The only way to do that is to stop them from voting so that no freedom hating Democrat can appoint freedom hating judges. We agree that only Republicans should be able to file charges in a court of law. We can't get to this point if we let freedom-hating Democrats vote. Only a freedom hating judge will think that a Democrat should have access to courts to file charges. We need to stop the freedom hating judges from being appointed.

Only Republicans should be allowed to file charges in court. And, only Republicans should be allowed to vote. That is the only way we can have freedom.

Limiting Democrats from filing charges in court is your solution for curbing their abuses? Maybe, but I don't know. I'll have to think about that.

But Democratic citizens with a grievance should still be allowed access to the courts. There is a huge difference between a prosecutor filing criminal charges and a citizen asking the courts to protect their rights.

There is no reason to prevent Democrats from voting that I can see.

maxdancona wrote:
I still think we should round them up and shoot them. Why wouldn't you shoot someone who hates freedom?

Killing people is really bad. To quote Anduin Wrynn "Every life is a universe."

Sure, in war or self defense it may be necessary, but let's not do it gratuitously.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:29 pm
@oralloy,

oralloy wrote:

There is no reason to prevent Democrats from voting that I can see.

Max and I were more or less spoofing you.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:30 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The real problem is the way the Democrats abuse the law by bringing false charges against innocent people.

Right now, anyone can bring whatever charges they want. There is no way to stop the Democrats from filing charges. It is up to the judges to decide which charges are false. Obviously since the Democrats file false charges, only the Republicans should be allowed to file charges.

One way to solve this problem is to make the judges understand that only Republicans are right. It is easier to just prevent the Democrats from making charges in the first place.

What good are judges if they are going to listen to Democrats?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:32 pm
@roger,
Please don't spoil my fun Roger.

Freedom can never exist in a democracy.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Right now, anyone can bring whatever charges they want. There is no way to stop the Democrats from filing charges. It is up to the judges to decide which charges are false. Obviously since the Democrats file false charges, only the Republicans should be allowed to file charges.

I understood your proposal before. At least I think I understand what you are proposing.

You do understand that charges are only brought by public officials called prosecutors? And that if a citizen brings a grievance to court, he isn't bringing charges?

I'm assuming that you understand that, and your proposal only limits Democrats from becoming prosecutors.

As I said, I'll have to think about it.

maxdancona wrote:
One way to solve this problem is to make the judges understand that only Republicans are right. It is easier to just prevent the Democrats from making charges in the first place.

I think it is very possible that Democratic citizens could have legitimate grievances. I can consider the idea of preventing Democrats from becoming prosecutors, but it would be unfair and unconstitutional to deny anyone the right to petition the courts for relief.

maxdancona wrote:
What good are judges if they are going to listen to Democrats?

As long as a Democrat is presenting a legitimate grievance, they should be listened to.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:48 pm
@oralloy,
The only way to prevent Democrat prosecutors (particularly in Democrat states) is to prevent Democrats from being elected. And the only way to do this is to prevent Democrats from voting.

The only way to freedom is to outlaw parties that don't agree with freedom loving Americans.

roger

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:49 pm
@roger,
Would two sheep and a wolf fare any better?
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Freedom can never exist in a democracy.

That's why we have a constitutional democracy in America.

The difference between a constitutional democracy and an absolute democracy is very much like the difference between a constitutional monarchy and an absolute monarchy.

A constitution constrains the power of the majority just as effectively as it constrains the power of a monarch.
roger

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:50 pm
@maxdancona,
No, but it wouldn't be democratic then.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:51 pm
@oralloy,
Yes we agree... and outlawing parties is part of that.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:52 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

No, but it wouldn't be democratic then.

That's the point. The Democrats hate freedom.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The only way to prevent Democrat prosecutors (particularly in Democrat states) is to prevent Democrats from being elected. And the only way to do this is to prevent Democrats from voting.

Not at all. We could just have a rule that no Democrat shall hold the office of prosecutor.

If no Democrats appear on the ballot for that office, we can still let Democrats vote for the other candidates for that office.

If a Democrat still manages to win through write in votes, they could just let the office pass to whoever got second place in the election.

maxdancona wrote:
The only way to freedom is to outlaw parties that don't agree with freedom loving Americans.

It would be unconstitutional to outlaw a party based on their political viewpoint.

My own proposal for outlawing the Democrats only outlaws them because of their abuse of the law to harm innocent people. Political viewpoints play no part in it.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:44:16