Charlie Gard Has Passed

hightor

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 03:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Who the hell is asking or expecting for you to genuflect?

Would you prefer I recite a novena?

Both you and Linkat apparently believe that people in this thread must express a certain degree of concern about the plight of the parents and the loss of their unfortunate child. I don't think that expressions of sympathy are germane to this discussion, however. I thought that awareness and acceptance of the tragic circumstances are the default position in sensationalized cases like this one. At some point you move on and discuss other aspects raised by the case. Which is what I thought you were trying to do — if you wanted a "remembrance" thread you should have said so.
Quote:
It is very telling as is your ignorant assertion that linkat would ever stoop to scoring political points.

You only need to look at his/her words:
Linkat wrote:

Read any of the comments in favor of the hospital/doctors whatever in the UK - not one of these individuals commenting have even hinted at any sort of sympathy towards the parents of this child.

Read that as "Our side is morally superior because we say we are sympathetic to the parents and they don't."
Finn wrote:
You've been here long enough to know this so I can only assume that you've chosen to make a point that makes you feel superior.

I don't know what you're talking about. I can barely recall any other posts of Linkat's so I don't know what his/her stance is about anything other than that he/she opposes the decision of the NHS. He/she made a comment which I felt to be objectionable in the context of this discussion, apparently believing that any responses must express some degree of sympathy before counting as an acceptable opinion. I suppose any discussion of the refugee problem in the EU must be preceded by expressions of sorrow over the plight of poor Aylan Kurdi and sympathy for his parents? If I didn't know you so well I might believe you were attempting to make a point which makes you feel superior. A humble fellow like you would never do that.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 03:22 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Do you believe that the death of victims somehow immunizes perpetrators from criticism and condemnation?

There were no "perpetrators" here to receive criticism and combination. The actions were legal. No need for a witch hunt.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:31 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Thank you God that I do not live in the UK and I live in the USA where I can decide what is best for my children.

I am in this situation now - not life threatening but threatening enough if my child is not cared for correctly she may never be able to play sports. For her this would be very difficult. Insurance keeps saying things are not medically necessary that the head of sports medicine for Boston Children's is stating is medically necessary. Fortunately I live in the US so I can decide to pay out of pocket and continue to fight the insurance company for coverage. It certainly is a small comparison for parents fighting for the life of their child.
In such cases - like in your example - when doctors state the medically necessary, of course the NHS pays for it.
Same would be here with health insurance companies.
(In some cases e.g. getting a three-week-rehabilitation in a sanatorium, insurance companies sometimes try only to pay an ambulant rehab. You easily can oppose that and get the Medical Service of the Health Insurance [that's an office run by all 200 companies of the mandatory health insurers] look at it. And even with a negative result by them - you still can go the social courts.)
hightor

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:36 am
oops, dumb mistake in my last post — combination instead of condemnation. sorry.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
In such cases - like in your example - when doctors state the medically necessary, of course the NHS pays for it.

Don't waste your breath. Linkat doesn't seem remotely interested in facts, just smears, lies distortion and deliberate disinformation.

I'm glad I live in the UK where our news channels aren't allowed to broadcast lies and our population doesn't live in a fantasy world.

The NHS is a million times better than a system that allows insurers to deny life saving medicines so their board members can live a life of luxury.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:53 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
Fortunately I live in the US so I can decide to pay out of pocket and continue to fight the insurance company for coverage. It certainly is a small comparison for parents fighting for the life of their child.

And you can also watch the children of poor people, who can't afford to pay for medicine, die a long painful lingering death. I'm glad I live in country where people think denying medicine for poor people is immoral. It's not just the bourgeois who have a right to life over here.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:02 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
oops, dumb mistake in my last post — combination instead of condemnation. sorry.

You have 15 minutes to open an edit window after submitting your post.

Even if you use the preview function, lots of mistakes only jump out at you after you've submitted your post. At least, that's the case with me.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:04 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
There were no "perpetrators" here to receive criticism and condemnation.

That is incorrect. There are people who prevented a couple from receiving treatment for their son, and in doing so caused the death of their son. These people are receiving criticism and condemnation.

hightor wrote:
The actions were legal.

That does not make their appalling behavior immune from criticism and condemnation.

hightor wrote:
No need for a witch hunt.

Criticizing and condemning someone for something that they have actually done, when their behavior is so appalling as to shock the conscience, is not a witch hunt.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I'm glad I live in the UK where our news channels aren't allowed to broadcast lies and our population doesn't live in a fantasy world.

The BBC regularly broadcast deliberate lies about the Amanda Knox case. No one tried to prevent them from doing that.

Channel 4 News is pretty good though.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:13 am
Oralloy has long fantasised about killing Palestinian and Italian children. He does not have an ounce of humanity in him, and what he said about the parents of Sandy Hook's dead children is too disgusting for words.

Bear in mind what type of creature he is.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:14 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:

This made me laugh.

I wonder how Izzy explains the Brexit vote Wink.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:20 am
@maxdancona,
If you'd read my posts you'd have known how I'd explained it, although in fairness I probably didn't dumb it down enough. A good rule of thumb is that if you find something funny you probably don't understand what's going on. Just like you don't understand the difference between broadcast and print media.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 06:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Oralloy has long fantasised about killing Palestinian and Italian children.

Izzythepush always lies about other people. The above statement about me is such a lie.

izzythepush wrote:
He does not have an ounce of humanity in him,

Just the opposite. I am dripping with humanity.

izzythepush wrote:
and what he said about the parents of Sandy Hook's dead children is too disgusting for words.

Everything that I say is entirely justified.

izzythepush wrote:
Bear in mind what type of creature he is.

I am one of the good guys, a champion of doing the right thing.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 07:11 am
@izzythepush,
I thought you had me on ignore Izzy (and I still think you should, I already explained to you how to find the button to ignore me).

You either have a free press, or you have a government controlled press. A free press is going to publish things that you will consider "lies". Freedom has no meaning if you can't publish things that are objectionable.

And as far as the fantasy work that UK voters are living in-- In the US we shot ourselves in the ass for four years (and the Supreme Court will hurt longer than that).

Brexit is forever.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:34 am
Even though I am the originator of this thread, I'm retiring from it.

I've said all I can say on this subject.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 09:38 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Brexit is forever.

Some people are saying we will spend three years getting out of the EU and then another three getting back in again.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 04:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
In the US we shot ourselves in the ass for four years (and the Supreme Court will hurt longer than that).

Trump will be our President for eight full years. And after Trump leaves office, the Republicans will continue to hold the White House for at least another 12 years after that by continuing to nominate presidential candidates similar to Trump.

When the Democrats do eventually one day return to power, it will only be by purging all their liberals and nominating a Trump-lite to be their candidate (much like how Bill Clinton won in the Reagan era by being a Reagan-lite).

As for the Supreme Court, we'll soon have seven justices who obey the Constitution arrayed against two Obama appointees. That's a good thing. We want the Supreme Court to obey the Constitution.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:16 pm
@oralloy,
Yes Oralloy,

With Trump's 65% approval rating (higher than any president since Lincoln) and the amazing amount of legislation he is signing into law. There is no doubt that you are right!

This is such a well run White House, all Americans (except for the small minority of liberals in this Country) are loving how their president is acting. His tweets are awesome! His physique is stunning. Our prestige in the World has never been better.

I didn't believe what an amazingly successful, handsome and presidential president he would be. But I see I was wrong now.

Mexico is gladly paying for the beautiful wall, Obamacare has been repealed just as he promised. Crowds in the streets are praising his name. We are all tired of winning we are winning so much.

We will definitely vote him back into office.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
and the amazing amount of legislation he is signing into law.

That's the fault of the Democrats for hijacking the agenda with their witch hunt. Clearly it's time to suppress the Democratic Party for the good of the country.

As for the rest, you'll see that I was right come election day 2032 when the Republicans win the White House for the fifth time in a row.

Having the Summer Olympics in the US just before election day 2028 will be a nice touch when Trump's Republican successor is reelected.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2017 05:44 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
That's the fault of the Democrats for hijacking the agenda with their witch hunt. Clearly it's time for Americans to suppress the Democratic Party for the good of the country.

That is exactly what Trump meant when he said "I am a winner", and "I can solve this". Trump is winning so much... which is why not even the Democrats, with their majorities in both houses in Congress, can stop him.

You can't stop a winner.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:39:34