Forteo and Muscle Strength

Reply Fri 28 Jul, 2017 03:22 am
Hi,

I just started using Forteo (about a week now) and am experiencing weakness in my muscles, especially in my mouth and lips.

The reason I am concerned is that I am a clarinet player (been playing for 45+ years, I'm in my 50's) and I cannot play for more than a minute or two before my lip gives out. The muscles become weak and I literally cannot hold my lips around the mouthpiece.

I can't think of anything else that can be causing this?? Has this or anything similar happened to anyone else?

I was supposed to have a major spine surgery but the bone density test showed severe osteoporosis around my spine. I need to clear it up so I can have the surgery but I need to be able to play my clarinet. I am considering stopping the forteo but not sure what to do instead. Of' course the Endo Dr. is away for 3 weeks (-:

I'm also seeing that people are gaining weight which will be a huge disaster for me. I m already overweight and am trying to lose... not gain!!

Any thoughts or advice... please be serious!!

Thank you!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 985 • Replies: 0
No top replies