Rosie and Paddy tales/tails

Eva

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:53 am
They're adorable, Vivien! Isn't it so much more fun having two?!

Speaking of Cali, Montana....are her eyes still blue?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
Viv
Heehee. Sounds like they're good buddies now :-D

Eva
Yep, she never lost her big old beautiful blue eyes. My mom calls her the queen of the house, lol :-D
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 07:50 pm
Vivien - that Paddy has big feet! Perhaps he'll grow on to them, just as Possum did? Beautiful animal, though.

And, isn't Rosie red in those pix? Lovely markings Smile
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:20 pm
I loved seeing the photos Vivien ... Paddy is precious, so intelligent looking and very handsome. I think too he's going to be a big boy!

Rosie is and always was beautiful ... she is a force to be reckoned with, sort of like "Scarlet O'Hara" ... a real spitfire, ha ha!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 09:37 pm
I agree. Paddy and Rosie are beth equally beautiful.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 06:09 am
I'm glad you all think they're beautiful - cos obviously I do!

Margo yes, his feet are huge and as he swaggers towards you with his two little thumbs pointing inwards it has so much character! I'd love to see Roberta's Mikey's feet clearly in a photo to compare and have some idea of how he'll grow. I'm sure his feet will always look big with their extra toes. They certainly help him to climb - he knows no fear at all.

Cali's is indeed absolutely beautiful and her eyes are gorgeous. Well, everyone's cats are lovely - I love to hear the funny tales of Possum and Paddy and Lacey and Mikey and Cali and all. Cats have such different characters.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2005 11:37 am
So very true. I love animals of all species, shapes, colors and sizes, but our precious pets are so very special to us with their own funny personalities :-D
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 09:42 pm
Montana, that is so true ... I really love my animals more than I do people and that's pretty sad:(
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 04:20 am
I'm just getting over my dose of flu/bronchitis and now Rosie is not well.

On Thursday her inner eyelids were over her eyes and she was listless, not eating, felt hot and was sad so I took her to the vet, who gave her 2 injections - one long lasting antibiotic and one pain killer, she perked up and on Friday seemed quite a bit better, the eyes looked almost normal.

Friday night she went downhill again, eyes half covered by third eyelid and a very sad girl.

Saturday I phoned the vet and he gave her some antibiotic tablets - she's looking lots better.

She's such a good girl at taking her tablets and doesn't hold a grudge. I just hold her mouth open (scrabbling going on but no scratching) drop the tablets right down her throat and follow quickly with a spoonful of water - that triggers the swallowing reflex and they are gone.

Crying or Very sad expensive week
I hope these do the trick.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:02 am
Oh poor, Rosie! Sad
And poor Vivien! Sad

Looks like you've been in the wars! I hope the last lot of pills do the trick!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:51 am
Oh Vivien, poor little Rosie ... please give her hugs from Paddy and Lacey!

Glad to hear you're over your flu/bronchitis, that can really drag you down for quite some time!

Hugs, Jen
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 02:44 am
Rosie is hanging in there - her inner eyelids are still a bit over and she's still a bit sorry for herself but is eating and playing a bit so I think she's doing ok.

I was really tired last night and wanted to go to bed but Rosie and I were having a cuddle - her lying on my chest, wet nose tucked under my neck and one paw wrapped round my neck the other side - Saving Private Ryan was on TV and I didn't want to watch it but was pinned down.

I kept saying 'I have to go to bed, I'm tired' and she knows I mean I want to move so she just keeps her eyes tight shut, burrows her nose deeper under my chin and wraps her paw tighter round my neck! So I'm tired this morning.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 06:11 am
... but for a very worthy cause, Vivien! :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:32 am
What a sweetheart!

Give her a little Valentine's Day treat...a bit of tuna, perhaps?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:39 am
she's a picky little eater at the best of times - she likes chicken chicken or chicken! she likes the occasional tin of pilchards but isn't keen on tuna.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 08:48 pm
I sure hope Rosie is feeling better by now, hate to think of the poor little dear not feeling well, they're so pathetic when they're ill!

Keep the faith Viv., she'll be right as rain in no time:)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 05:46 am
last day of antibiotics for Rosie and her inner eyelids are still slightly over, indicating that she's still not right. She's more lively and seems fairly happy so let's hope it doesn't creep back.

They were curled up next to each other for a while yesterday (because Paddy had wanted to), He really seems to love her and she seems fond of him now in an easy going way.

Shades of Mikey - I don't let him in our bedroom and the door was only a quarter of an inch open and it sort of wedges there quite tightly - Paddy just barged himself through - I was amazed, I quite thought it would have kept him out - Rosie is a lady like Lacey (apart from the swearing) and would never do that. Have to shut the door properly now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 06:10 am
Vivien wrote:
....They were curled up next to each other for a while yesterday (because Paddy had wanted to), He really seems to love her and she seems fond of him now in an easy going way....

Very Happy Oh, that's very good, Vivien! I remember all the worry when Paddy first joined your household.

Here's hoping that Rosie is continuing to improve today. But it does sound like she'll need more antibiotics, poor little possum. Sad
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 11:03 pm
Vivien, I am so happy Rosie seems to be feeling better ... thank you God!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 19 Feb, 2005 03:43 am
Very Happy yes!

she's her normal self today - feeling playful and not cuddly so moaned and groaned when I picked her up - she's sitting on the windowsill chirruping at the birds.

It's funny - she never asks for anything - Paddy makes it very clear what he wants! He constantly walks over you and towards whatever he wants purring madly and chirruping at you - this morning it was OUT OUT OUT - lemme out ..... and I'm trying to read the paper - give up and go and let him out .... MUST get catflap Rolling Eyes
0 Replies