Rosie and Paddy tales/tails

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 01:20 pm
yes dagmarka, totally black except for his little pink tongue and eyes that i think will be green - they are usually wide and totally black at the moment, like little bits of shiny jet in a sea of black fluff,

I'm relieved I'm not boring everyone silly!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:24 pm
Never, Vivien! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:49 am
slowly slowly we progress - she was stalking him around the footstool this morning but didn't know quite how to play on. When she chases him she ends up growling - never mind, it doesn't worry Paddy - he comes back for more. I think it might be a slight 'don't you dare fight me' kind of frightened-aggressiveness. She still runs away if he chases her in fierce mode. Rolling Eyes

He's been sitting on the windowsill chattering at the birds - I can see he'll be a little monster

He's sleeping on the chair near me, she's gone upstairs to bed - normal behaviour for her after breakfast but also part avoidance of *him*.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:52 am
No way are yoy boring us Viv. We are cat people , girl :-D

Cali is doing great and is almost full grown. As soon as the gallery is up, I'll post some pics when I get them loaded in there.
She is still the sweetest thing. There was a cat that came up on our porch the other day and her reaction was a riot. She was making this heavy breathing sound that I've never seebn a cat make and I couldn't figure out if she was upset or excited. I have gotten to know all her little funny ways over the months. She likes to steal my chair when I get up and grab my pants leg when I walk by her. She was a riot to watch when she saw her first snow fall. She ran from window to window to see if it was snowing from every window. She's pretty and she knows it and like to pose for us. I'll tell more later when things come to mind.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:59 am
yes do show us some more pics (and stories) - how about putting them on photobucket? that's where I put the ones of Paddy - and they come out bigger too. the link is really easy. someone mentioned it on another forum and I joined (free, but you probably know all that)

was the heavy breathing a sort of 'hah' with open mouth? if so it was a 'this is my territory' warning.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:06 am
I have a few photo sites that I can upload them on and I will go and upload a few now that I took yesterday :-)

Yeah, that's what the heavy breathing was like. It was short heavy breaths, but she seemed more excited than she was upset. It was funny though.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:37 am
that's the response Paddy gets if he gets too near Rosie <hah>

looking forward to the images Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:42 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/gezzygirl/Mvc-005f.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:44 am
Darn!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:47 am
Viv, do you have a lonk to the site where you upload your photo's. I knew this wouln't work from the sites I have because I tried it a few years ago.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 07:15 am
here it is Montana:

link to photobucket

it isn't an elegant site but it is designed to enable you to link to other sites
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 01:17 pm
Vivien, Based on my experience with Miranda and Patty, I'm a bit surprised and concerned that things are still so tense between the two. Have there been moments of peace? Mutual grooming? I'm getting worried.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:24 pm
oh yes, there are moments of peace and the growling/hissing is very very much less. They play a little bit now - no hurting each other, no biting or viciousness - just some bad language! (which is an *enough* warning)

Certainly NO mutual grooming - but there never was with Timmy and Casey, who played together but Casey could only cuddle up with him if she sneaked up when he was fast asleep,

I feel we are getting somewhere. I don't need to worry about physical harm - it is more I don't want Rosie to be upset. She is settling though and doesn't sulk so much.

She's become more interested in him and sniffs him occasionally and instigates chasing sometimes.

I think half the problem is this lack of cat language - she doesn't understand the signals but I feel she's learning a bit.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 06:12 am
Sounds like things are coming along well and I think they'll be good friends in no time, especially when Paddy is no longer in the little itty bitty kitten stage.

Thanks for the link Viv. I'll get some pics up as soon as I can. I've been crazy busy around here lately and have only had a few minutes on here a day.

Rock on Rosie and Paddy :-D
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 12:04 pm
some updates of them playing today - Rosie still growls a bit but I really think it's down to this lack of appropriate cat language (and the remaining jealousy, but that is improving)

You can see that Paddy isn't at all scared of her - he was prancing about exposing his little tummy in front of her when she was in the box without any fear, begging to be be chased. There were turns when he lurked in the box and she pounced about as well and in between they flew around the room chasing each other.

Rosie will only play for short bursts - it's as if she suddenly remembers that she doesn't like him here and is sulking.,

Rosie curled up for a long cuddle with me later while Paddy carried on rampaging around the room chasing anything he could get his paws on. She wouldn't have done that before - he would have worried her and she would have been growling non-stop.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosieandpaddyplaying3.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosieandpaddyplaying2.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosieandpaddyplaying.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosieandpaddyplaying4.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 15 Dec, 2004 02:24 pm
Awsome shots Viv. Awwwww!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:07 am
Oh cool!!! It worked :-D

Thanks for the link Viv :-D

For those of you who want to see the pic, it's on page 5 where I tried to post it before.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:09 am
Montana wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/gezzygirl/Mvc-005f.jpg

I'll put it here, so you won't have to go look for it :-D

That's my girl :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2004 06:16 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosieandpaddyplaying.jpg

I love this shot, Vivien! Hey, we're getting somewhere! YAY! Very Happy