Rosie and Paddy tales/tails

Vivien

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2004 05:25 pm
she's still very very resentful - made a point of drinking from HIS water as he watched - I let her but wouldn't have let her get away with eating his food.

She now chases him but not playing yet - just making a point if he comes too near. He perseveres bless him.

She'll allow cuddles and then after a bit remember she's sulking and starting growling and moaning in a low rumble whilst leaning into me!

Tonight I'm going to leave him with the run of the house so hope all will be well.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 04:18 am
SUCCESSSSS!!!! they are playing!

Rosie and he are chasing each other around the living room and she isn't hissing! well, only occasionally, she seems to be having fun.

She made a point of drinking some of his milk this morning but as he'd got loads I didn't interfere - it was obviously part of a power game as he was watching!

They are flying up and down stairs now.

He does his prancing and wiggling and inviting her to chase him and she now gets the message.

I'm still making a big extra fuss of her and telling her how good she is

phew! this is hard work!

he's a real chatterbox (and she's so silent) - he chirrups and squeaks and when he's cuddling up to you he looks you in the eye every so often and miaows this squeaky little miaow - very endearing, he also came out with some squeaky little bad language last night when I didn't put him down when he wanted to get down - instinct? or learnt from Rosie?!

Both my daughters have very very chatty cats . When I'm on the phone to them I can hear the cat in the background chattering away,

Rosie watching Paddy

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/rosie/1erosiewatchingpaddycopy.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1erosiewatchingpadddy2copy.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:52 am
HOORAY! We're getting somewhere! Very Happy

Rosie, bless her heart, is establishing that she is the Top Cat, in case this Paddy person doesn't realize! Evil or Very Mad Laughing Far better this way than the other way around, Vivien. Then you'd be really regretting your decision & feeling SO sorry for poor No 1 cat!
Your photographs are an absolute delight! You have those two utterly mesmerized! Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:10 pm
Glad to hear of the progress. Love seeing the photos. Thanks, Vivien.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 12:14 pm
Those last photos are too funny.

Thanks, Vivien.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 01:40 pm
yes, I was prepared to ensure that she is top cat

- while she drank his milk this morning (I'd put out far more than he needed) she kept looking at him and then me out of the corner of her eye, as much as to say 'are you going to stop me?' I think letting her get away with it really helped because then they played. He knows when to stop and backs off if she hisses.

There's a way to go yet but I have stopped worrying and went out this afternoon leaving them both with the run of the house.

I'm glad you like the photos
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 02:48 pm
Smile
such fun - but I don't think I could cope!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:03 pm
That's fantastic news Viv :-D I'm so happy for all you guys. It only gets better from here. Love the pics and am looking forward to seeing some with them playing :-D
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:18 pm
margo wrote:
Smile
such fun - but I don't think I could cope!

Very Happy I think I'd have great difficulty just leaving them to it, not interfering ... Despite my excellent advice to Vivian! :wink:
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 05:26 pm
Very Happy

I can leave them to it 'cos she isn't threatening any physical harm to him and he isn't intimidated so it helps. It is just verbal threats (growls and hisses) and glaring - he responds by skipping back up to her within seconds. There is only a little bit of hissing or growling now

- this morning she actually touched his face with her nose, investigating him - probably checking what he'd eaten in case she'd missed out knowing her! no growling at all.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:24 am
Oh, they are so cute, Vivien!

And very good news. Good for Rosie - of course, she has to be the top cat :-)

Can't wait for more stories.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
Hi Urs. Well, progress is slooooow. Paddy is still totally unfazed by her growling. He keeps persisting with trying to make friends with her. They do chase up and down stairs a bit down and she does sniff him from time to time - but if he dares to try to get close to her she growls at him. He is so confident it's unbelievable.

she isn't too bothered about himself playing with or cuddling Paddy but she doesn't like it if I do. I'm just persevering and telling her what a good or clever girl she is when she plays nicely and ignoring it when she growls at me when I stroke her when I've touched *him*.

I tell her to play with Paddy-Teddy as she understands the word teddy - I think she understands! They both sat on the bed earlier near each other - he had his back to her, flicking his tail and inviting her to chase him - I told her to bop his tail and I bopped it - she followed suit! he then chased her down the stairs ....
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 11:40 am
Vivien, I wish I could watch them.

It sounds like a very interesting experience. One of my friends started out with two cats (sisters), then added another one (Schira) after about three years. Now she got a little Spanish boy cat so that Schira wouldn't be so lonely. it works out pretty well.

I am convinced Rosie will understand pretty soon that it's really fun to have Paddy around.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
I'm really enjoying reading about the progress of the Rosey/Paddy relationship, Vivien. Very Happy I suspect that soon Rosie will give him a wee bop on the head to show him whose boss! (Probably when you aren't around!) But, hey, that's how things work in the cat world! Everything is going to be fine! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:06 am
yes msolga - I think she'll feel a lot better about him once she has bopped him!

he's been fighting the demon teddy on the sofa and is now flaked out with his little pink tongue sticking slightly out

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1e121204015cropmorecopy.jpg[/IMG]

just look at the claws and the concentration!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 10:07 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/1e121204002.jpg

Rosie is sleeping upstairs
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:04 pm
Aw, Vivien, he's ravishing! Laughing Those claws, that shiny coat, those beautiful whiskers, those serious little eyes ... You must be completely besotted! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 02:05 am
Awww!!! He's beautiful. I alsp enjoy hearing about their progress and am so happy to hear that there is progress, even if it is slow :-D
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:16 pm
Montana tell us more about your little beauty?

Things tick on here - Rosie slowly slowly improves but still swears and hisses a lot - he is totally unfazed and never stops trying to entice her into chasing him!

The little pain has discovered a new game - climb up on the windowsill, scrabble in the plants and bring down small pieces of compost to play with Rolling Eyes - he's like a whirling dervish this evening
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 12:40 pm
~bm~
what a great story to follow. the saga of life itself. say, are his whiskers black? they are both gorgeous!
0 Replies