How to save all files to disk without doing one at a time

merstar

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 08:40 pm
Is there a way to save all my Word document files to zip disks all at once or do I have to save each document one at a time? I have many already on disk, but countless that are not, and it will take forever to save them to disk. Saving folders would of course be the best way, but unfortunately I haven't created too many of them, and doing so would be very time consuming as well. Thanks for any help on this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 769 • Replies: 4
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 08:56 pm
Hi Merstar

I'm assuming that you think that to save them to zip disk you have to open them in word individually then do a 'save as' to get them on the zip disk?

If so you're in luck. How familiar are you with the My Computer icon on your desktop? If you're comfortable with it all you have to do is locate your word documents with it, highlight the ones you want to copy, select Edit-Copy, then navigate to your zip disk and Edit-Paste.

If I have assumed your level of knowledge about what your doing wrongly I apologise if I sound patronizing.

Good luck.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 03:36 am
Hello hingehead,
Thanks so much for the tip, and you certainly don't sound patronizing at all. There's just one thing that's not clear, how can I highlight specific files without highlighting all of them? The only option I see is "Select All." And if I have to highlight them all at once, what if the whole file is too big to save to the zip? Thanks again for your help!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 04:06 am
Hold down the Ctrl key (bottom left) and use your mouse to click the files you want.
0 Replies

merstar

Reply Sat 4 Dec, 2004 02:49 pm
Okay, I didn't realize I could just run the mouse over each file and highlight without opening it, since they're set up like links (I'm using WordPad). Thanks very much for your help.
0 Replies