Drama film from late 90's/early 00's. Last scene of a man roasting on an open fire!

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 12:20 pm
Hi. I hope someone can help.
I remember watching a film late at night on Channel 4 in the late 90's or early 00's. It might of been a straight-to-TV film, or maybe not classified as a film at all but as a one-off drama.
It was a drama with an element of dark comedy about it I think. I'm sure it featured all British actors (might be wrong though), and one of which was a white Scottish guy, of whom I did recognise from other programs/films at the time.
My memory is very hazy, to say the least, but I think it was about some adults (4 I think, but possibly more) who had became trapped/lost in a jungle or on an island somewhere.
I remember there was nudity and sex scenes and the exchanging of loyalties between the members of the group, but the one scene I can remember most vividly, was at the end of the film, of the aforementioned Scottish actor being found by someone (one of the females of the group) roasting on a spit over an open fire! He'd been killed and put on there by another male member of the group.
There can't be many movies with an ending like that, surely!
Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 899 • Replies: 8
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 02:06 pm
@joew1984,
joew1984 wrote:
there was nudity and sex scenes ... the aforementioned Scottish actor roasting on a spit over an open fire!

I can see why you'd like to find this movie.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2017 02:36 pm
@joew1984,
Distantly related plot-wise to the 1965 movie The Naked Prey. However, I've no idea what movie you're searching for.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2017 07:27 am
@joew1984,
I think it might be this.

Quote:
Six people survive a plane crash and find themselves stranded on a rocky beach. They each adopt the name of their favourite movie star as they try to work out their situation.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111118/

If I remember right the very last scene is of John Gordon Sinclair eating part of the creation that looked like him roasted.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2017 10:11 am
@centrox,
centrox wrote:

joew1984 wrote:
there was nudity and sex scenes ... the aforementioned Scottish actor roasting on a spit over an open fire!

I can see why you'd like to find this movie.

I know. It's got everything, right?

Well, almost. No mention has been made of sheep.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 05:24 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
Well, almost. No mention has been made of sheep.

That's the Welsh.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 05:38 am
I have no information on this film whatsoever but I do hope the title is "Chestnut"
izzythepush

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 05:51 am
@blatham,
I'm fairly certain it's the one I've posted.
blatham

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2017 06:02 am
@izzythepush,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhzxQCTCI3E
0 Replies