WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:07 pm
I know, guys, just simple police action.

Wonder what I could play as a goodnight song tonight? Hey, I always liked this one:

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea winds blowin'
I still see her dark eyes glowin'
She was 21 when I left Galveston

Galveston, oh Galveston, I still hear your sea waves crashing
While I watch the cannons flashing
I clean my gun and dream of Galveston

I still see her standing by the water
Standing there lookin' out to sea
And is she waiting there for me?
On the beach where we used to run

Galveston, oh Galveston, I am so afraid of dying
Before I dry the tears she's crying
Before I watch your sea birds flying in the sun
At Galveston, at Galveston.

Goodnight, my friends.

From Letty with love.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 08:57 pm
Goodnight Letty, sweet dreams.

Here is a very old one by Louis Jordan that has some currency in today's world.

(You Dyed Your Hair) Chartreuse
You're a freckled gal,
You're a pug-nosed cutey, sweet as Charlotte Russe
You've got big blue eyes,
So I ask you why have you dyed your hair chartreuse?

Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Though you think it's mighty cute
Just wait 'til I write and tell your ma
That you dyed your hair chartreuse
(repeat)

In the days of old
When the knights were bolder and the girls were truer blue
Just think what paw
Would have said to maw had she dyed her hair chartreuse
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
You went too far in that beauty booth
When you dyed your hair chartreuse

Now you know I know
That your hair was black when we lived on Chestnut Street
When you wore pigtails
And ginger ale was your most favourite treat
You're a big girl now
So you think it's cuter being fast and fancy-loose
But you went too far in that beauty booth
When you dyed your hair chartreuse

Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Just wait 'til I write and tell your ma
That you dyed your hair chartreuse
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
Chartreuse (chartreuse)
But just wait 'til I write and tell your ma
You didn't like black, you didn't like red
You hated blondes, well, it's no use
You got mad and dyed your hair...
Chartreuse
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 09:10 pm
the odd companion to dianes song?

You Cut Her Hair
Tom McCrae

Time
Has coloured in
The black and white
Of your sin
So burn
Burn the flag
Rip it up
Bury the Rags

But I will find you still
Move in for the kill
You cut her hair

So live
Live long
See her face
In everyone
And turn
Turn the page
Start again
Change your name

But I will find you still
Move in for the kill
You cut her hair
You cut her hair
You cut her hair
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2005 10:20 pm
two for one from billboard hot 100 1961:

first the outgoing number 1 by Jimmy Dean:

(Big John, Big John)
Ev'ry mornin' at the mine you could see him arrive
He stood six foot six and weighed two forty five
Kinda broad at the shoulder and narrow at the hip
And everybody knew ya didn't give no lip to Big John.
(Big John, Big John) Big Bad John (Big John)

Nobody seemed to know where John called home
He just drifted into town and stayed all alone
He didn't say much, kinda quiet and shy
And if you spoke at all, you just said "Hi" to Big John.

Somebody said he came from New Orleans
Where he got in a fight over a Cajun Queen
And a crashin' blow from a huge right hand
Sent a Loosiana fellow to the Promised Land-Big John

Then came the day at the bottom of the mine
When a timber cracked and men started cryin'
Miners were prayin' and hearts beat fast
And everybody thought that they'd breathed their last-'cept John

Through the dust and the smoke of this man-made hell
Walked a giant of a man that the miners knew well
Grabbed a saggin' timber, gave out with a groan
And like a giant oak tree he just stood there alone-Big John

And with all of his strength he gave a mighty shove
Then a miner yelled out "There's a light up above!"
And twenty men scrambled from a would-be grave
Now there's only one left down there to save-Big John

With jacks and timbers they started back down
Then came that rumble way down in the ground
And then smoke and gas belched out of that mine
Everybody knew it was the end of the line for Big John

Now they never reopened that worthless pit
They just placed a marble stand in front of it
These few words are written on that stand
At the bottom of this mine lies a hell of man, Big John

[Fade]

and now the incoming by tbe Marvelettes:

(Stop)
Oh yes, wait a minute Mister Postman
(Wait)
Wait Mister Postman

Please Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
If there's a letter in your bag for me
(Please, Please Mister Postman)
Why's it takin' such a long time
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that boy of mine

There must be some word today
From my boyfriend so far away
Pleas Mister Postman, look and see
If there's a letter, a letter for me

I've been standin' here waitin' Mister Postman
So patiently
For just a card, or just a letter
Sayin' he's returnin' home to me

(Mister Postman)
Mister Postman, look and see
(Oh yeah)
(Oh yeah)
For me to hear from that boy of mine

So many days you passed me by
See the tears standin' in my eyes
You didn't stop to make me feel better
By leavin' me a card or a letter

(Mister Postman)
(Oh yeah)

(Why don't you check it and see one more time for me, you gotta)
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
Wait a minute
(Mister Postman)

(C'mon deliver the letter, the sooner the better)
Mister Postman
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:36 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:46 am
Jean-Louis Trintignant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Jean-Louis Trintignant (born on December 11, 1930 in Vaucluse, France) is a French actor.

At the age of twenty, Trintignant moved to Paris, France to study drama, and made his theatrical debut in 1951 going on to be seen as one of the most gifted French actors of the post-war era. After touring in the early 1950s in several theater productions, his first motion picture appearance came in 1955 and the following year he gained stardom with his performance opposite Brigitte Bardot in Roger Vadim's And God Created Woman.

From a wealthy family, he is the nephew of race car driver, Louis Trintignant, who was killed in 1933 while practicing on the Péronne racetrack in Picardie. His other uncle, Maurice Trintignant (born 1917), was a Formula One driver who twice won the Monaco Grand Prix as well as the 24 hours of Le Mans. Raised in and around automobile racing, Jean-Louis Trintignant was the natural choice of film director Claude Lelouch for the starring role of race car driver in the 1966 film, Un homme et une femme, a global success that made him an international star.

Trintignant's acting was interrupted for several years by mandatory military service. After serving in Algiers, he returned to Paris and a very successful career. Subsequent leading roles in art-house classics such as Un homme et une femme (A Man and a Woman) (at the time the most successful French film ever screened in the foreign market), Bertolucci's The Conformist, and the 1969 political thriller Z, in which he portrayed an idealistic young attorney, garnered him an international following as well as the Best Actor award at the 1969 Cannes Film Festival.

He married Nadine Marquand, herself an actress as well as a screenwriter and director. Since divorced, they had a daughter, Marie (January 21, 1962-August 1, 2003), who at the age of 17 years of age performed in La Terrasse alongside her father and had become a very successful actress in her own right.

Throughout the 1970s Trintignant starred in numerous films and in 1983 he made his first English language feature film, Under Fire. Following this, he starred in François Truffaut's final film, Vivement Dimanche!

In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Trintignant worked infrequently because of health problems. His 1994 role in the late Krzysztof Kieślowski's last film, Three Colors: Red marked a rare appearance for him but still earned him a César Award nomination for Best Actor.

The following year he lent his voice to the widely acclaimed La Cité des Enfants Perdus, and has made films only occasionally since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Louis_Trintignant
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:55 am
Rita Moreno

Rita Moreno' (born December 11, 1931 in Humacao, Puerto Rico) is the first and only Hispanic actress in history to have won an Emmy, Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony Award

Moreno (born Rosita Dolores Alverío) moved with her mother to New York City at the age of five. When she was eleven years old she lent her voice to Spanish-language versions of American films. She had her first Broadway role by the time she was thirteen, which caught the attention of Hollywood talent scouts. For the next ten years Moreno played roles in movies which she considered degrading.

Finally, in 1961 she landed the role of "Anita" in Robert Wise's film adaptation of Leonard Bernstein and Stephen Sondheim's Broadway hit West Side Story, which was about the lives of two lovers from two different cultures in a gang-ridden New York neighborhood during the late 1950's. Moreno gained fame and an Academy Award as the Best Supporting Actress that year. She was the second person and the first Hispanic in history to have won an Emmy, Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony Award. In 1985 she won the Sarah Siddons Award for her work in Chicago theatre.

Moreno appeared in Singin' in the Rain (1952), The King and I (1956), and Carnal Knowledge in (1971). In the 1970s and 1980s she appeared on the PBS children's series The Electric Company and the popular family variety series The Muppet Show. She has made guest appearances on series such as The Rockford Files, The Love Boat, The Cosby Show, The Golden Girls, and Miami Vice. She was also a regular on the short-lived sitcom version of Nine to Five (based on the hit film) during the early 1980s.

During the mid 1990's she provided the voice of Carmen Sandiego on the hit animated television show "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? In the late 1990's, she gained exposure to a new generation of viewers as she played a Catholic nun trained as a psychologist in the popular HBO series, Oz. Moreno has participated in more than 50 productions, combining her television, movie and theatrical works.

It has been considered by many that one of Moreno's main contributions to the Hispanic community in Hollywood has been her ability to transcend the discriminatory practices of Hollywood and set a precedent for Hispanic actors to be recognized by talent rather than ethnicity. Among her many awards and recognitions are the following:

* Oscar Award Best Supporting Actress, "West Side Story" (1961).
* "The Joseph Jefferson Award" Best Chicago Theatre Actress (1968).
* Grammy Award The Electric Company Album (1972).
* Tony Award Best Featured Actress, "The Ritz" (1975).
* 3 Emmy Awards "The Muppet Show" (2) (1977), and "The Rockford Files" (1978).
* "The Golden Apple" Cue Magazine Award.
* "The Sarah Siddons Awards" for her portrayal of Olive Madison in the female version of the Odd Couple.
* "Special Recognition Award" from the International Latin Music Hall of Fame (2001).
* "Presidential Medal of Freedom" from President George W. Bush in June 2004.
* Rita Moreno has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7083 Hollywood Blvd.

On June 18, 1965 Moreno married Lenny Gordon, who remains her husband and manager. They have one daughter, Fernanda (Gordon) Fisher. Moreno publicly revealed some years ago that she had once had an abortion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rita_Moreno

America :: West Side Story

Puerto Rico You lovely island
Island of tropical breezes
Always the pineapples growing
Always the coffee blossoms blowing

Puerto Rico you ugly island
Island of tropic diseases
Always the huricanes blowing
Always the population growing
And the money owing
And the babies crying
And the bullets flying
I like the island Manhatten
Smoke on your pipe and put that in

I like to be in America
Ok by me in America
Everything free in America
For a small fee in America

I like the city of San Juan
I know a boat you can get on
Hundreds of flowers in full bloom
Hundreds of people in each room

Automobile in America
Chromium steel in America
Wire spoke wheel in America
Very good deal in America

I'll drive a buick to San Juan
If there's a road you can drive on
I'll give my cousins a free ride
How you get all of them inside

Immigrant goes to America
Many hellos in America
Nobody knows in America
Puerto Rico's in America

I'll bring a t.v. to San Juan
If there's a channel to turn on
I'll bring a new washing machine
What have they got there to keep clean
I like the shores of America
Comfort is your in America
Knobs on the doors in America
Wall to wall floors in America

When I will go back to San Juan
When you will shut up and get gone
Everyone there will be givebig cheer
Everyone there will have moved here
(clap clap clap clap)a-yi-yi-yi(x3)
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 04:59 am
Brenda Lee

Brenda Lee, real name Brenda Mae Tarpley (born December 11, 1944), was an American teen idol and country singer from Lithonia, Georgia.

Biography

Brenda sang in a big adult voice from childhood and began her recording career at age 12 in 1956, with songs like "BIGELOW 6-200 (pronounced six two oh oh)" and "Little Jonah". The song "Dynamite" coming out of a 4 ft 9 in (1.45 meter) frame led to her lifelong nickname, "Little Miss Dynamite".

Along with Connie Francis, she was one of the first female idols, achieving huge popularity with a long string of hits. At Christmas 1958 she hit the top of the charts with "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". Then, disc jockeys also dubbed her "Little Miss Razz Matazz" after her husky, pounding voice belted out her second big hit, "Sweet Nothin's".

Brenda Lee, while being a major female singer in early rock history, is considered the first female artist to be known as a crossover artist between early rock and country music. She was later joined in the same category by the late female singer Patsy Cline. In 1963, Lee released an album of uptempo American standards titled Sincerely, Brenda Lee.

Her last top-10 single was 1963's "Losing You", was a moderate success, while she continued to have other chart songs such as her 1966 song "Coming On Strong".

During the early 1970s, Lee established herself as a country music artist, and earned a string of Top 10 hits. The first came with 1973's "Nobody Wins," which reached the Top 5 that spring. The follow-up, "Sunday Sunrise", reached No. 6 on Billboard magazine's Hot Country Singles chart that October. Other major hits included "Wrong Ideas" and "Big Four Poster Bed" (1974); and "Rock On Baby" and "He's My Rock" (both 1975). After a few years of lesser hits, Lee began another run at the Top 10 with 1979's "Tell Me What It's Like". Two follow-ups also reached the Top 10 in 1980: "The Cowboy and the Dandy" and "Broken Trust" (the latter featuring vocal backing by The Oak Ridge Boys). Her last well-known hit was 1985's "Hallelujah I Love Her So", a duet with George Jones.

Lee remains best remembered for her hit single "I'm Sorry", a favorite song heard continuously on country and Top 40 radio by her fans across the world.

Over the ensuing years, Lee has continued to record and perform all around the world, previously cutting records in four different languages.

She is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.

Chuck Berry wrote a song about Brenda Lee on the album St. Louis to Liverpool. She was also immortalized in the hit Golden Earring song "Radar Love": "Radio's playing some forgotten song / Brenda Lee's 'Coming on Strong'."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brenda_Lee

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree :: Brenda Lee

Rockin' around the Christmas tree
At the Christmas party hop,
Mistletoe hung where you can see,
Every couple tries to stop,
Rockin' around the Christmas tree,
Let the Christmas spirit ring,
Later we'll have some pumpkin pie,
And we'll do some caroling.

You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear,
Voices singing, "Let's be jolly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly",
Have a happy holiday,
Everyone dancin' merrily,
In the new old-fashioned way.

Interlude

You will get a sentimental feeling when you hear,
Voices singing, "Let's be jolly,
Deck the halls with boughs of holly",
Have a happy holiday,
Everyone dancin' merrily,
In the new old-fashioned way.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 05:02 am
Teri Garr

Teri Garr (born December 11, 1944 in Lakewood, Ohio) is a United States actor.

One of her most acclaimed roles was in Tootsie, for which she was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Supporting Actress in 1982. Her movie debut was as an extra in the 1963 film A Swingin' Affair. During her early career she appeared in several Elvis Presley movies, usually in uncredited roles. She had a cameo appearance as a damsel in distress in The Monkees film Head and in the mid-1970s had significant roles in major films such as Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Young Frankenstein.

While some more recent sources give Teri a revised birthyear of 1949, older sources state her birthyear as 1944. As she certainly wasn't 13 when she played a dancer in "Fun in Acapulco", the above birthdate reflects the more likely birthdate.

Garr has also appeared frequently on television. A notable early appearance was in the Star Trek episode "Assignment: Earth" (1968). She played a recurring character in McCloud and was also a regular on several variety shows in the early 1970s including The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, The Ken Berry 'Wow' Show and The Burns and Schreiber Comedy Hour. She hosted Saturday Night Live three times during the early and mid-1980s. She played a recurring character in Friends (the estranged birth mother of Lisa Kudrow's character, Phoebe Buffay) in the late-1990s.

Garr appeared in a series of local television commercials in several markets for various FM radio stations.

Garr has continued to work in spite of having suffered from multiple sclerosis since 1983, undiagnosed until 1999.

Early in her career she was sometimes credited as Terri Garr, Terry Garr, Teri Hope, or Terry Carr.

She is the mother of an adopted daughter, and resides in Los Angeles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teri_Garr
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 07:26 am
Good morning WA2K radio fans and contributors.

Wow! It's a gloomy Sunday here in our little studio. Nope, not going to play that song, because it's too depressing. No Black Sabbath, either. <smile>

Thanks to all of you delightful folks for the songs last evening. Diane, yit, and dj, all great ones from the archives.

Well, my goodness. Here's Boston Bob back on the job with his bio's. Hey, buddy, we missed you yesterday. Bet it was karaoke night.

So, any coffee in the studio percolator?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 08:33 am
In looking through the archives for songs by Rita, I found this one, but it's not familar to me:

BLIZZARD OF LIES
We must have lunch real soon. Your luggage is checked through.
We've got inflation licked. I'll get right back to you.
It's just a standard form. Tomorrow without fail.
Pleased to meet you. Thanks a lot. Your check is in the mail.
Marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.
Your toes and knees aren't all you'll freeze
When you're in it up to your thighs.
It looks like snow, but you never know
When you're marooned in a blizzard of lies.
You may have won a prize. Won't wrinkle, shrink or peel.
Your secret's safe with me. This is a real good deal.
It's finger lickin' good. Strictly by the book.
What's fair is fair. I'll be right there. I am not a crook.
Better watch your step when your old dog Shep
Can't even look you in the eyes.
You're cold and lost and you're double crossed
When you're marooned in a blizzard of lies.
We'll send someone right out. Now this won't hurt a bit.
He's in a meeting now. The coat's a perfect fit.
It's strictly fresh today. Service with a smile.
I'll love you darling 'till I die. We'll keep your name on file.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.
And you're in for a big surprise.
When you're marooned, marooned, marooned
marooned, marooned, marooned,
marooned, marooned, marooned in a blizzard of lies.
A blizzard of lies.

Hey. That's for all you snow covered folks out there.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:11 am
And snow covered we are.

Good morning all.

The first time I saw Rita Moreno was in The King and I and, of course, remember "We Kiss In A Shadow", but her voiced was dubbed by Leona Gordon.

I listed most of the celeb birthdays last year, however, one of them was an all-time favorite and I'd like to post his picture. He was always such a gentleman. Smile

http://www.hawaiimovietour.com/myweb1a/collection/collectionL/rolandL.jpg

Gilbert Roland (December 11, 1905 - May 15, 1994)

He was born Luis Antonio Damaso de Alonso in Chihuahua, Chihuahua, Mexico. He initially intended to follow in his father's footsteps and become a bullfighter but when the family moved to the United States, he became interested in acting when he was literally picked off the streets for a role as an extra. He chose his screen name by combining the names of two of his favorite actors, John Gilbert and Ruth Roland. His dashing good looks helped him find work immediately although he was often cast in the typical "Latin Lover" role.

His first major role was as one of Clara Bow's love interests in the collegiate comedy The Plastic Age (1925). In 1927, he played Armand in Camille opposite Norma Talmadge, with whom he was romantically linked. He went to star opposite Talmadge in several more films but when sound ended her career, Roland's voice was well suited for the new medium and his career continued uninterrupted. He starred in several Spanish language adaptations of American films and continued as a romantic lead.

Beginning in the 1940s, Roland's roles became smaller but critics began to take notice of his acting and he was praised for his excellent supporting roles in John Huston's We Were Strangers (1949), The Bad and the Beautiful (1952), and Cheyenne Autumn (1964). He also appeared in a series of films in the mid 40s as the popular character "The Cisco Kid." Catholic viewers probably know him best as Hugo, the agnostic (and totally fictional) friend of the three shepherd chidren in The Miracle Of Our Lady Of Fatima, which is based on the apparitions of Our Lady of Fatima in 1917. His last appearance was in the 1982 western movie Barbarosa.

He was married to actress Constance Bennett from 1941 to 1946. His second marriage to Guillermina Cantu in 1954 lasted until his death in 1994.

Roland died of cancer in 1994 at the age of 88.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:40 am
Wow, Raggedy. He is a hunk and a Latin Lover, all right, but I thought that our George had that distinction. <smile>

Well, since Gilbert didn't sing, I'll simply play a Mexican folk song:

1 Cuando uno quiere a una
Y esta una no lo quiere,
Es lo mismo que si un calvo
En la calle encuentr' un peine.

Chorus:
La cucaracha, la cucaracha,
Ya no quieres caminar,
Porque no tienes,
Porque le falta,
Marihuana que fumar

Look out Kaffka
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 10:50 am
and the English translation, listeners:

1 When a fellow loves a maiden
And that maiden doesn't love him,
It's the same as when a bald man
Finds a comb upon the highway.

Chorus:
The cucaracha, the cucaracha,
Doesn't want to travel on
Because she hasn't,
Oh no, she hasn't
Marihuana for to smoke.

Now we know where the term "roach" originates.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:19 am
don't bogart that that Kafka, my friend. Pass it over to me.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:27 am
dys, you are such a tease, right folks?

Wow, Raggedy has really made me work today:

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/westerns/gilbertroland/gilbertroland4thumb.jpg

Ah, pancho; Ah, Cisco.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 11:37 am
and for those of us who work--work--(at least here we do)

Oscar Brown jr, Nat Adderley

Breaking rocks out here on the chain gang
Breaking rocks and serving my time
Breaking rocks out here on the chain gang
Because they done convicted me of crime
Hold it steady right there while I hit it
well reckon that ought to get it
been
working and working
but I still got so terribly far to go

I commited crime Lord I needed
Crime of being hungry and poor
I left the grocery store man bleeding (breathing?)
When they caught me robbing his store
Hold it steady right there while I hit it
Well reckon that ought to get it
been
working and working

I heard the judge say five years
On chain-gang you gonna go
I heard the judge say five years labor
I heard my old man scream "Lordy, no!"
Hold it right there while I hit it
been
working and working

Gonna see my sweet honey bee
Gonna break this chain off to run
Gonna lay down somewhere shady
Lord I sure am hot in the sun
Hold it right there while I hit it
been
workin' and workin'
been
workin' and slavin'
an'
workin' and workin'

How about some more work songs, folks.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2005 12:05 pm
Work
GangStarr

Are you working?
What kind of work do you do?

Uhh...
("Boy, what is it you want to do when you grow up?")

Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see
Victory is mine, yeah surprisingly
I've been laying, waiting for your next mistake
I put in work, and watch my status escalate

Now I'ma start collectin props, connectin plots
networkin like a conference, cause the nonsense is yet to stop
Jakes shake me down, haters wanna take me down
Break me down, CLAP all they heard was the sound
Yo I scoped it out, I took your weak dream and choked it out
Your bitch don't really got no ass, she just poked it out
on the deelow, I'm sayin, you versus me though?
We can do this **** right here, in front of your people
See time is money kid, and BS walks
And to me, it's funny kid when you meet heads talk
I see Feds stalk, they wanna dig up the dirt
Son is it me they hawk, cause I be puttin in work Son?

Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see
Victory is mine, yeah surprisingly
I've been laying, waiting for your next mistake
I put in work, and watch my status escalate

You cornballs get stonewalled, blackballed I own y'all
The veteran, runnin my plan I'm the better man
Crazy raw, doin my job like the mob
Blazin y'all, and disappearin in the fog
or a mist, and chicks can't resist what I kick
They be beggin for attention or some more of the dillznick
Word up baby, someone may have to get hurt up baby
**** is mad shady, but I got to get the gravy