WA2K Radio is now on the air

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 11:44 am
This being a "yawn day" for many, I thought it might be a good idea to provide you folks with a sedative. Visit the Travel Forum post on my trip to the Med. It'll provide a painless way to nap this day.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 11:47 am
Here's the link: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62770&start=110
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 04:44 pm
it's indeed quiet, so i'm tossing in a quote I recently encountered that amuses me, by none other than Mark Twain:

The researches of many commentators have already thrown much darkness on this subject, and it is probable that, if they continue, we shall soon know nothing about it at all.

i'm wonderiing if the quote applies to certain long-running threads (but not this one) Razz
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:02 pm
ci's thread re his most recent trip is worth the visit.

Johnboy is a big NPR fan. Southern writer Bailey White puts up a Thanksgiving story; her 14th year of doing so. You can read a text version, but to really get the flavor, please go to npr.org and look for the audio version (available after 7:30 pm), Last time I looked the story was featured. If you come in later, check out the show All Things Considered.

Let me know what yall think.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:12 pm
"G", it's another episode of the alphabet of bands

Pigeons
Genesis
(Released on "Spot The Pigeon E.P.", 1977)

Who put fifty tons of **** on the Foreign Office roof?
Who suffers from nine known diseases?
Who gets up in the morning when the sun comes up
And makes their beds, paper clips, bus tickets
All around their heads?
Who congregate around Trafalgar Square
Taking pot shots at the tourists?
Oh you've got to watch out
When you wander round the square in the morning
Cos they're everywhere, they're everywhere

Here we have an honest man
A civil servant to boot
He lived high up in the Ministry
And when he wished to make a point
He knew just what to do
His window ledges were all covered in grease
"I want them out of here"

He said to me, "I want them gone"
Because you see - Oh don't you see
None of us are getting any younger
You've got to follow your nose
And if it tells you that you've got to go
Well that's because, they're everywhere,
They're everywhere

So we called in those men, those horrible men
We set them to work on the rooftops
You see their van is very plain
And I know they're too ashamed
To wear their by appointment badges anymore
Sometimes they use vaseline, sometimes they use the pill
I've often seen them with a gun
But as the years go by, old habits seem to die
And nowadays they knockatize them all
Oh you've got to watch out
As you wander round the square in the morning
Oh they're everywhere, they're everywhere

I Love A Man In A Uniform
Gang of Four

Time with my girl I spent it well
I had to be strong for my woman
(You must be joking, O man you must be joking)
She needed to be protected

The good life was so elusive
Handouts, they got me down
I had to regain my self-respect
So I got into camouflage

The girls they love to see you shoot

I love a man in a uniform

To have ambitions was my ambition
But I had nothing to show for my dreams

The good life was so elusive
Handouts, they got me down
I had to regain my confidence
So I got into camouflage

I need an order
(Shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(Shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(Shoot, shoot)
I need an order
(Shoot, shoot)

To have ambition
Was my ambition

(They love to see you shoot)

(They love a... they love a... they love a...)

(Bang bang you're dead)
(They love a... they love a... they love a... bang bang)

(Bang bang you're dead)

(Bang bang you're dead)
(They love a... they love a... they love a...)
(I love a man in a uniform)

Clint Eastwood
Gorillaz

Ooo ooo ooo ooo ooo
I ain't happy, I'm feelin glad
I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long the future is comin' on

I ain't happy, I' m feelin glad
I got sunshine in a bag
is comin' on is comin' on is comin' on is comin' on

(poof)
Yeah, ha ha
Finally someone let me outa' my cage
Now time for me is nothin' cuz I'm countin' no age
Naw I couldn't be there, now you shouldn't be scared
I'm good at repairs (s'all simple), and I'm under each snare
Intangible (aww naw), bet you didn't think so I command you to
Panoramic view (you), look I'll make it all manageable
Pick and choose (hmph), sit and loose, all you different crews
Chicks and dudes, who you think is really kickin' tunes
Picture you gettin down in a picture too, like you lit the fuse
You think it's fictional, mystical, maybe
Spiritual, hear all who appears in you to clear your view when (yeah) your too crazy
Lifeless, to those a definition for what life is
Priceless, to you because I put you on the hype ****
Ya like it
Gun smokin', righteous with one, token psychic among
they'll posess you with one go

I got sunshine in a bag

I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long the future (that's right) is comin' on

The essence, the basics
Without it you make it
Allow me to make this childlike in nature
Rythm, you have it or you don't
That's a fallacy
I'm in them
Every sprouting tree, every child apiece
Every cloud at sea
You see with your eyes, I see destruction and demise
Corruption in the skies (that's right)
From this fuckin' enterprise, now I'm sucked into your lies
Through Russ so not his muscles but percussion he provides
With me as a (say what) guide
Y'all can see me now cuz you don't see with you eye
You percieve with your mind
Thats the end (**** em)
So I'ma stick around with Russ and be a mentor
Bust a few rhymes (bah boom boom boom boom) so mother fuckers remember where the thought is
I brought all this, so you can survive when law is lawless(why here)
Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead (yup)
No squeeling, remember that it's all in your head

I got sunshine in a bag

I got sunshine in a bag
I'm useless, but not for long my future is comin' on
My future (future) is comin' on
is comin' on (future future future) is comin' on is comin' on is comin' on
My future is comin' on
is comin' on (future future future) is comin' on is comin' on is comin' on
My future is comin' on
is comin' on is comin' on
My future is comin' on
is comin' on is comin' on (future future future)
My future is comin' on
is comin' on is comin' on
My future
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 08:24 pm
DOGGIE DOOR
Now I got a dog that needs to roam
All around the yard and inside my home
I didn't argue the why and what for
I just up and installed the doggie door
She went out and peed
And ran per her need
I thought all was wonderful and well
But that door made my life a living hell
She's a fifty pound pup called a lab
And what she wants to chew on she'll just grab
Like new shoes and sox
And porch support posts
I lost two ten foot banana trees
The dog got bored and took them down with ease
She once put in the wife's sleeping face
A sopping wet azalia's root (mud laced)
Brings in long tree tops
Insects even rocks
Tree chippers prob'ly make better pets
And are a lot less stressful on the vets
All in all I'd say the dog's a turd
But I love her so just take my word
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 07:17 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 07:19 am
\Jeffrey Hunter
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Jeffrey Hunter (November 25, 1926 - May 27, 1969) was a film and television actor. He was born Henry Herman McKinnies, Jr. in New Orleans, Louisiana, and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where he began acting in local theater and radio in his early teens. He served stateside in the United States Navy in World War II, then studied drama at Northwestern University.

In 1950, while a graduate student in radio at the University of California, Los Angeles and appearing in a college play, he was spotted by talent scouts and offered a two-year motion picture contract by 20th Century Fox that was eventually extended to 1959. He made his Hollywood debut in Fourteen Hours (1951), had star billing by Red Skies of Montana (1952), and first billing in Sailor of the King (1953).

Hunter's handsome looks and gentle manner recalled two earlier Fox stars, Tyrone Power and the young Henry Fonda. A loan-out to co-star with John Wayne in the title roles of the now-classic western The Searchers (1956) began the first of three pictures he made with director John Ford, followed by The Last Hurrah (1958) and Sergeant Rutledge (1960).

Ford also recommended Hunter to director Nicholas Ray for the role of Jesus in the biblical King of Kings (1961), a difficult part met by critical reaction that ranged from praise to ridicule. Among an all-star cast in the World War II battle epic The Longest Day (1962), he provided the climactic heroic act of breaching the defense wall atop Normandy's Omaha Beach.

Having guest starred on television dramas since the mid-1950s, Hunter was now offered a two-year contract by Warner Bros. that included starring as a circuit-riding Texas lawyer in the NBC series Temple Houston (1963-64), which Hunter's production company co-produced.

Although Temple Houston did not survive its first season, NBC offered him the lead role of Captain Christopher Pike in the pilot episode (The Cage) of a new science fiction series, Star Trek. His pensive take on the role was in contrast to the more idiosyncratic style of William Shatner, who took the part after Hunter, deciding to concentrate on motion pictures such as Brainstorm, declined to film a second Star Trek pilot requested by NBC in 1965. But Hunter was soon filming the pilot for yet another NBC series, the espionage thriller Journey Into Fear, which the network failed to pick up.

With the demise of the studio contract system in the early 1960s and the out-sourcing of much feature production, Hunter like many other leading men of the 1950s had to find work in B-pictures produced in Europe, Hong Kong, and Mexico, with the occasional television guest part in Hollywood.

In May 1969, shortly after marrying actress Emily McLaughlin, he suffered a stroke while at home, causing a fall and a skull fracture. He died the following day from his injuries and was interred in the Glen Haven Memorial Park cemetery in Sylmar, California.

Hunter's two previous marriages included actress Barbara Rush in the early 1950s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Hunter
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 07:27 am
Amy Grant
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Amy Lee Grant (born November 25, 1960 in Augusta, Georgia) is an American singer-songwriter whose music has strong Christian themes. She was initially most successful in the "Christian pop" or CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) genre, and is notable for being one of the first CCM artists to have successfully crossed over into the mainstream pop music market. She has won multiple Grammy and Dove awards and was elected to the Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2003. To date she has 5 gold and 6 platinum albums.

Career

Signed to a record company at the age of sixteen, Grant's first, self-titled album (largely self-composed) in 1977, was a runaway success in terms of the Christian music market of the time. As an English major at Vanderbilt University, Grant made a few more albums before dropping out of college to pursue a career in music. These albums included 1979's My Father's Eyes (the title track written by Grant's future first husband, singer-songwriter Gary Chapman) and Never Alone in 1980.

The year 1982 marked a turning point in both Grant's career and personal life. After marrying Chapman in June, her album Age to Age forced critics to sit up and take notice. The breakthrough album contained the now signature track, "El Shaddai" and the Grant-Chapman penned song, "In A Little While." She was now a star. Grant received her first Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Gospel Performance, as well two Dove Awards for Gospel Artist of the Year and Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year.

Grant followed up this album with the first of her Christmas albums - albums that later would be the basis for her trademark holiday shows. 1984 saw the release of another pop-oriented Christian hit, Straight Ahead, earning Grant her first appearance at the Grammy Awards show.

Hardly had Grant established herself as the "Queen of Christian Pop", however, when she changed directions to widen her fan base (and hence her musical message). Her goal was to become the first Christian singer-songwriter who was also successful as a contemporary pop singer, being successful in both genres. 1985's Unguarded shocked some fans for its very mainstream sound (and Grant's leopard-print jacket, in four poses for four different covers). "Find a Way," from Unguarded, became the first Christian song to hit Billboard's Top 40 list, also reaching #7 on the Adult Contemporary chart. Amy Grant scored her first Billboard Number One hit in 1986 with "The Next Time I Fall", a breezy duet with former Chicago singer/bassist Peter Cetera.

1988's Lead Me On, released after Grant had become a mother and undergone considerable strain in her marriage, is considered her most mature album, both lyrically and musically. This album, too, contained many songs that were still about Christianity and love relationships, but some interpreted it as not being an obviously "Christian" record; though the album's title track is now considered a CCM classic. This song talks about intense sufferings among people through racism, and that the comfort they seek, as their lives are threatened, is in their relationships with God. The track "1974" is clearly about young people sharing a deep-seated faith after receiving Communion; as the lyrics state, "Quite a change, somewhere we had crossed a big line, down upon our knees we had tasted Holy wine and nothing could sway us in lifetime." The mainstream song, "Saved by Love", was a minor hit, receiving airplay on radio stations featuring newly emerging Adult Contemporary format. It gives a message of great love for family, affected by her greatest love for Jesus. "Faithless Heart" is an honest, heartfelt song about resisting inner temptations of infidelity. "What About The Love?" talks about the absence of faith in certain worldly things and the importance of resisting judgment of others. Other songs included were engaging love songs, including "If These Walls Could Speak," which, like "Saved By Love," includes a message about love of family and children. This was a deeply introspective album that she dedicated to one of her children, so that they could understand her at that time in her life. The album's fiery title song received some Top 40 airplay (including on WCZY-FM in Detroit) and crossed over to #96 on the Billboard Hot 100, and "1974 (We Were Young)" and "Saved By Love" also charted AC.

Nevertheless, when Heart in Motion was released three years later, many fans were shocked and outraged that the album was so clearly one of contemporary pop music. The track "Baby Baby" (written for Grant's newborn daughter, Millie), however, became a massive hit (hitting number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop chart), and Grant was established as a name in the mainstream music world. "Baby Baby" received Grammy nominations for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and Record and Song of the Year (although it failed to win in any of those categories). Four other hits from the album made the pop top 20: "Every Heartbeat" (#2), "That's What Love Is For" (#7), "Good For Me" (#8), and "I Will Remember You" (#20). On the AC chart, all five songs were top 10 hits with two of the five ("Baby Baby" and "That's What Love Is For") making it all the way to #1. Many Christian fans remained loyal, though, as the album also topped the Billboard's Contemporary Christian Chart for 32 weeks. Heart in Motion is her best-selling album, having sold over 5 million copies. Tracks like "Hope Set High" and "Ask Me" (the tale of an abused child who, as a grown woman, comes to terms with her past through her faith in God) were songs with clear religious messages.

House of Love in 1994 continued in the same vein, boasting catchy pop songs mingled with spiritual lyrics. The album was a multi-platinum success and produced the minor pop hit "Lucky One" (#18 pop and #2 AC) as well as the title track (a duet with country music star, and Grant's future second husband, Vince Gill) (#37 pop) and a cover of Joni Mitchell's frequently-covered "Big Yellow Taxi" (#67 pop). 1997's Behind the Eyes, however, struck a much darker note, leaning more toward downtempo, acoustic soft-rock songs with more mature (yet still optimistic) lyrics (such as the radio hit "Takes A Little Time"), and it soon became clear that Grant's marriage to Chapman was at an end. The two separated and divorced in 1999, disappointing many Christian fans. In 2000 Grant married Vince Gill, who divorced country singer Janis Gill of Sweethearts of the Rodeo.

After giving birth to fourth child Corinna Grant Gill, Grant returned to her gospel music roots with the 2002 release of Legacy... Hymns and Faith. The album featured a Vince Gill-influenced mix of bluegrass and gospel and marked Grant's 25th anniversary in the music industry. Grant followed this up with the pop release Simple Things in 2003. The album did not see the success of her previous pop efforts, however. It was rumored that the pop album was held back for release after the hymns album, due to the controversy surrounding Grant's divorce from Chapman with Gill waiting in the wings. Grant argued that the timing of these album releases was changed because she and her second husband were expecting a child together. On her website and in an interview on Lifetime Television, she stated: "Then life happened."

Grant released a sequel to her hymns collection in 2005 titled Rock of Ages. Despite publicly musing that life would be easier if she weren't working, Grant joined the reality television phenomenon by hosting Three Wishes, a show in which she and a team of helpers make wishes come true for small town residents. The show debuted on NBC in the fall of 2005.

Grant is a longstanding member of the Gospel Music Association (GMA), which annually presents the Dove Awards and maintains the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.

Grant is a graduate of Harpeth Hall School, and attended Vanderbilt University for several years before leaving to focus on her music career.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Grant

I Will Remember You :: AMY GRANT

I will be walking one day
Down a street far away
And see a face in the crowd and smile
Knowing how you made me laugh
Hearing sweet echoes of you from the past
I will remember you.

Look in my eyes while you're near
Tell me what's happening here
See that I don't want to say good-bye
Our love is frozen in time
I'll be your champion and you'll be mine
I will remember
I will remember you.

Later on
When this fire is an ember
Later on
When the night's not so tender
Given time
Though it's hard to remember darlin'
I will be holding
I'll still be holding to you
I will remember you.

So many years come and gone
And yet the memory is strong
One word we never could learn
Good-bye
True love is frozen in time
I'll be your champion and you'll be mine
I will remember you
So please remember
I will remember you
I will remember you
I will remember you
I will remember you.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:05 am
Good Morning.

Today's birthdays:

1562 - Félix Lope de Vega, Spanish playwright (d. 1635)
1577 - Piet Hein, Dutch naval commander and folk hero (d. 1629)
1609 - Henrietta Maria, Queen of Charles I of England (d. 1669)
1638 - Catherine of Braganza, Queen of Charles II of England (d. 1705)
1703 - Jean-François Séguier, French astronomer and botanist (d. 1784)
1712 - Charles-Michel de l'Épée, French philanthropist and developer of 'Signed French' (d. 1789)
1714 - Yoriyuki Arima, Japanese mathematician (d. 1783)
1814 - Julius Robert von Mayer, German physician and physicist (d. 1878)
1817 - John Bigelow, American statesman and author (d. 1911)
1835 - Andrew Carnegie, British-born industrialist and philanthropist (d. 1919)
1844 - Karl Benz, German engineer (d. 1929)
1845 - José Maria Eça de Queiróz, Portuguese novelist (d. 1900)
1846 - Carrie Nation, American temperance advocate (d. 1911)
1858 - Alfred Capus, French author (d. 1922)
1862 - Ethelbert Nevin, American pianist and composer (d. 1901)
1869 - Ben Lindsey, American judge and social reformer (d. 1934)
1870 - Winthrop Ames, American theatrical director (d. 1937)
1874 - Joe Gans, American boxer (d. 1910)
1881 - Pope John XXIII (d. 1963)
1883 - Harvey Spencer Lewis, American mystic (d. 1939)
1883 - Merrill C. Meigs, American newspaper publisher and aviation promoter (d. 1968)
1895 - Wilhelm Kempff, German pianist (d. 1991)
1895 - Ludvík Svoboda, President of Czechoslovakia (d. 1979)
1896 - Virgil Thomson, American composer and music critic (d. 1989)
1904 - Lillian Copeland, American athlete (d. 1964)
1904 - Ba Jin, Chinese novelist (d. 2005)
1913 - Lewis Thomas, American physician and essayist (d. 1993)
1914 - Joe DiMaggio, American baseball player (d. 1999)
1915 - Augusto Pinochet, Chilean politician
1920 - Tuanku Syed Putra ibni Almarhum Syed Hassan Jamalullail, King of Malaysia (d. 2000)
1920 - Ricardo Montalban, Mexican actor
1920 - Noel Neill, American actress
1924 - Takaaki Yoshimoto, Japanese poet, critic, and philosopher.
1925 - Jeffrey Hunter, American actor (d. 1969)
1926 - Poul Anderson, American writer (d. 2001)
1933 - Kathryn Grant, American actress
1940 - Reinhard Furrer, American physicist and astronaut (d. 1995)
1940 - Joe Gibbs, American football coach
1944 - Ben Stein, American actor, game show host, and political consultant
1945 - Percy Sledge, American musician
1947 - John Larroquette, American actor
1951 - Bucky Dent, American baseball player
1951 - Bill Morrissey, American musician
1952 - Imran Khan, Pakistani test cricketer
1959 - Charles Kennedy, British politician
1960 - Amy Grant, American singer
1960 - John F. Kennedy, Jr., American publisher (d. 1999)
1965 - Cris Carter, American football player
1965 - Bernie Kosar, American football player
1966 - Tim Armstrong, American musician (Rancid and The Transplants)
1968 - Jill Hennessy, Canadian actress
1968 - Erick Sermon, American rap music artist
1971 - Christina Applegate, American actress
1971 - Magnus Arvedson, Swedish hockey player
1976 - Donovan McNabb, American football player
1978 - Shina Ringo, Japanese musician, singer, and songwriter
1979 - Thea Gilmore, British singer and songwriter
1981 - Xabi Alonso, Spanish international footballer
1981 - Barbara and Jenna Bush, daughters of U.S. President George W. Bush
http://www.voyager.cz/mix/narozeniny/images/jmena/narozeninypike.jpghttp://www.videomax.ro/Images/actors/1294_a_normal.jpghttp://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/warehouse/dimaggiolegendpf-1.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:26 am
Money talks, it`ll tell you a story
Money talks, says strange things
Money talks very loudly
You`d be surprised the friends you can buy with small change
They say it`s the root of all evil
They say gold is the king
Money talks, you`d better believe it
All that gold don`t mean a thing
Rich people, hear those pockets jingle
Spare change, hear the down-and-outers cry
Money talks, tip-toe up behind you
Steal what they can, off the cuff or on the sly
Money talks
Money talks
Money talks
Money talks
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:45 pm
Good afternoon/evening WA2K fans and contributors.

The weekend get away was delightful, but it's good to be back home again.

I am so happy that everyone kept our radio station on the air, and I would like to acknowledge each one when I have the chance.

Back later, my friends.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 02:12 pm
today, "H" bands

Stars
Hum

She thinks she missed the train to Mars, she's out back counting stars.

She's not at work, she's not at school,
she's not in bed, I think I finally broke her.
I bring her home everything I want, and nothing that she needs.

I thought she'd be there holding daisies, she always waits for me.

I found her out back sitting naked looking up and looking dead.
A crumpled yellow piece of paper, with seven nines and tens.

I thought she'd be there holding daisies, she always waits for me.

I thought you'd be there holding daisies, you always wait for me.

Celebrity Skin
Hole

Oh, make me over
I'm all I want to be
A walking study
In demonology

Hey, so glad you could make it
Yeah, now you really made it
Hey, so glad you could make it now

Oh, look at my face
My name is might have been
My name is never was
My name's forgotten

Hey, there's only us left now

When I wake up in my makeup
It's too early for that dress
Wilted and faded somewhere in Hollywood
I'm glad I came here
With your pound of flesh
No second billing cause you're a star now
Oh, Cinderella
They aren't sluts like you
Beautiful garbage beautiful dresses
Can you stand up or will you just fall down

You better watch out
What you wish for
It better be worth it
So much to die for

Hey, there's only us left now

When I wake up in my makeup
Have you ever felt so used up as this?
It's all so sugarless
Hooker/waitress/model/actress
Oh, just go nameless
Honeysuckle, she's full of poison
She obliterated everything she kissed
and now she's fading
Somewhere in Hollywood
I'm glad I came here
With your pound of flesh

You want a part of me
Well, I'm not selling cheap
No, I'm not selling cheap

Let's All Make A Bomb
Heaven 17

And as the low aggress the high
All you can do is sit and cry
You've only got yourself to blame
Don't try to stop me it's too late
My mind's made up, this job won't wait
There's nothing left for me to say
Hey! There's no need to debate
It's time to designate your fate
Take the M out of M.A.D.
Let's all make a bomb

Take one hundred scientists or more
Place in a room and lock the door
Let them confer for half their lives
Unlock the door, go in and see
What they have made for you and me
A brand new toy to idolize

Hey! There's no need to debate
It's time to designate your fate
Take the M out of M.A.D.
Let's all make a bomb

Although the war has just begun
Ignore the sirens, let's have fun
Put on your best, go out in style
Although our future's looking black
We'll go down town and join the pack
Let's celebrate and vaporise
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 03:22 pm
All right, folks. Let's see what we missed.

edgar's wonderful thanksgiving song and Raggedy's celeb updates. Thanks Texas and PA.

Also, folks, we find our Boston Bob's bios a great lesson in people. Thanks Hawkman.

Of course we all love our Lord's great news stories. Lord of the Flies is a fantastic novel, incidentally, Brit.

our dj, is continuing with his alphabet songs, and although I am not too familiar with them, I do like the approach. Thanks, Canada.

Mr. Turtle, great quote, but of course he didn't mean our little radio.

Hey, dys. Money talks? Well, if it does, it speaks a foreign language to me.

John, I really do not think the world will hold its breath over Sir Elton, but I do like this song:

Daniel

Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
Available on the album Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano Player

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

They say Spain is pretty though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes
Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes.

Hey, John of Virginia. We'll check out your site, buddy.

I most definitely will look back over our transcripts, listeners, when I have a bit more time.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:06 pm
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Deja Vu

(scat singing) one two three four
If I had ever been here before
I would probably know just what to do
Don't you?
If I had ever been here before on another time around the wheel
I would probably know just how to deal
With all of you
And I feel
like I've been here before
Feel
like I've been here before
And you know it makes me wonder
What's going on under the ground, hmmm
Do you know? Don't you wonder?
What's going on down under you
We have all been here before, we have all been here before
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:22 pm
Very Happy Deja Vu to you too, Walter. Great song. Thanks, Germany.

Now here's another:

Lyrics:

It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when
The clothes you're wearing are the clothes you wore
The smile you are smiling you were smiling then
But I can't remember where or when

Some things that happened for the first time
Seem to be happening again
And so it seems that we have met before
And laughed before, and loved before
But who knows where or when

Some things that happened for the first time
Seem to be happening again
And so it seems that we have met before
And laughed before, and loved before
But who knows where or when
Who knows where or when
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:24 pm
Was it "somewhere over the rainbow"?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:40 pm
Ah, listeners, what a calm time of evening it is.

Yes, Francis. It must have been somewhere around the spectrum.

RED and YELLOW and PINK and GREEN!
PURPLE and ORANGE and BLUE!

I can sing a rainbow!
Sing a rainbow!
Sing a rainbow too!

Listen with your eyes!
Listen with your eyes and sing a song with me!
You can sing a rainbow!

Sing a rainbow!
Sing a rainbow too!

RED and YELLOW and PINK and GREEN!
PURPLE and ORANGE and BLUE!

I can sing rainbow!
Sing a rainbow!
Sing a rainbow too!

(repeat song 3x)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:00 pm
Well, listeners. It's time for me to say goodnight, and remember......

I am thinking of you
In my sleepless solitude tonight
If it's wrong to love you
Then my heart just won't let me right
Cause I've drowned in you
And I won't pull through
Without you by my side
I'd give my all to have
Just one more night with you
I'd risk my life to feel
Your body next to mine
Cause I can't go on
Living in the memory of our song
I'd give my all for your love tonight
Baby can you feel me
Imagining I'm looking in your eyes
I can see you clearly
Vividly emblazoned in my mind
And yet you're so far
Like a distant star
I'm wishing on tonight
I'd give my all to have
I'd risk my life to feel
Your body next to mine
Cause I can't go on
I'd give my all to have
I'd risk my life to feel
Your body next to mine
Cause I can't go on
Give my all for your love
Tonight

From Letty with love
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:03 pm
Listeners, it's a mellow snowy night here north of the Great Lakes.
A time to think of those we can't be with tonight.

"More Today Than Yesterday"

I don't remember what day it was
I didn't notice what time it was
All I know is that I fell in love with you
And if all my dreams come true, I'll be spending time with you

Everyday's a new day, in love with you
With each day comes a new way, of loving you
Everytime I kiss your lips my mind starts to wonder
And if all my dreams come true, I'll be spending time with you

I loved you more today than yesterday
But not as much as tomorrow
Ohhh, I loved you more today than yesterday