WA2K Radio is now on the air

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:53 pm
we are suffering a temporary power outage for our transmixion, some of you have been using tallow candles made from hog lard, please refrain from doing so as only tallow candles made from the blessed lamb (fat) will burn with the purity needed to ensure the sweetest sounds around. please stand by.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:58 pm
It occurs to me that since we are looking for an inclusive audience, and since dys brought up the Bible, I think, we need to have a religion coordinator. I nominate the Reverend Ike, who is my kinda fella!

http://members.aol.com/SATP2/articles/review_issue/ike.html

Some immortal words that flowed from the pearly capped teeth of the Rev:

"The Bible says that Jesus rode on a borrowed ass. But I would rather ride in a Rolls Royce than to ride somebody's ass!"
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:02 pm
well of course Rev Ike is a classic but he has his own t.v. show and doesn't need us. (is the Rev still alive?)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:04 pm
And speaking of festive fashion, is Rev. Ike still wearing those shiny silk suits?
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:06 pm
And am I correct in assuming, Dys, that you will be selling these officially sanctioned tallow candles made from (blessed) lamb fat from the rear of your pick-up truck?
That reminds me of back in the days just after the Nixon administratration, when we were being told that there was only one right path...
--johnboy the curmudeon, oops curmeddggeo, opps the grumpy one
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:08 pm
Who was the actor who played Venus Fly-Trap?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:09 pm
of course, but only for the good of my fellow man ($1.99 each--3 for $4.99)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:09 pm
er, C.I. a little afraid to ask, but how is filament used in the Bible? The only reference that I have is "The Noiseless Patient Spider".

Hmmm. Rev, Ike? Not sure about him, Dys.

Which reminds me. We need a poetry reading dept. head for occasional swept away folks.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:12 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Who was the actor who played Venus Fly-Trap?

Ah yes, that was Tim Reid, I believe. Fashion icon NOT.
0 Replies

Letty

Tim Reid, Virginia John.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

dys- He sure is alive, kicking, and still shilling for dollars:

http://www.revike.org/

Just think of it. As a consultant, he would be able to pick the pockets of all our listeners, (for a good cause of course, us!) and they will thank him for it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:14 pm
oops. eoe beat me. (bad words...bad words...bad words)

So did our researcher, Phoenix
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:17 pm
the good reverend Dr Frederick Eikeren Koetter published (among many others) "Thinkonomics" By applying the principles of Thinkonomics,in which you will learn how to become a more dynamic person. You will UNLEARN sickness and know health. UNLEARN money troubles and worry and know success and prosperity. Thinkonomics will teach you how to break every limitation and solve every problem YOURSELF so that a NEW YOU begins to live more abundantly. Some chapters also include a special section entitled, "Things To Think On." The Study Guide is not designed to be read only once and then put away. Spiritual growth and development involve continual study and practice. You will want to read it over and over. Reverend Ike accepts all major credit cards as well as cash (please send cash)
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
Thanks, eoe. If I'm remembering right, Tim Reid and his wife run a small TV/movie production studio now over in the Richmond, VA area, an hour or so east of me. I recall reading that but couldn't come up with his name. rjb
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 07:59 pm
Hey, dys, still trying to fund your trip to Europe? LOL
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 08:18 pm
Goodnight, my friends.

Letty signing off with expectations and a wee bit of hope for tomorrow.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 10:01 pm
Loved the Reid's on 'Frank's Place'. Great tv show.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 10:04 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Meanwhile, in real business, we are reviewing the ad department's sale of airtime to Mother Rachel's House of Prayer and Quintessential Inspiration.
We are studying recent decisions made by the major broadcasting channels regarding controversal ads but, speaking for myself, I say run the ads, we need the income and Mother Rachel seems to have an open heart, open mind and these days that can't be bad.

Good decision, Joe. I knew I could trust your judgment. Roger says that thanks to the income from Mother Rachel and Rev. Ike, we will now be able to pay you a small salary. Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 10:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
of course, but only for the good of my fellow man ($1.99 each--3 for $4.99)

Joe, would you please tell Rev. Dys that due to his fundraising activities on WA2K, he will no longer be allowed to run PSAs. Offer him a nice long-term ad contract if he wants continued air time. I like the guy, but business is business.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 10:46 pm
Honey is tainted? Jeesh!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1829926.stm
0 Replies