WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:18 pm
UhOh. Missed hbg's "Wings of an Angel". I know that one, Canada.

Here's another prisoner

JOHNNY CASH

"I Got Stripes"

On A Monday I Was Ar-rested (Uh Huh)
On A Tuesday They Locked Me In The Jail (Oh Boy)
On A Wednesday My Trial Was At-tested
On A Thursday They Said Guilty And The Judge's Gavel Fell

I Got Stripes --- Stripes Around My Shoulders
I Got Chains --- Chains Around My Feet
And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me Down

On A Monday My Momma Come To See Me
On A Tuesday They Caught Me With A File
On A Wednesday I'm Down In Solitary
On A Thursday I Start On Bread And Water For A While

And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me Down

And Them Chains --- Them Chains They're About To Drag Me down.

I do believe that one was in O Brother Where Art Thou.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:13 pm
You angel you
You got me under your wing.
The way you walk and the way you talk
I feel I could almost sing.

You angel you
You're as fine as anything's fine.
It sure plays on my mind.

You know I can't sleep at night for trying,
Never did feel this way before.
I get up at night and walk the floor.
If this is love then gimme more
And more and more and more and more.

You angel you
You're as fine as can be.
The way you smile like a sweet baby child,
It just falls all over me.

You know I can't sleep at night for trying
Never did feel this way before,
Never did get up and walk the floor.
If this is love then gimme more
And more and more and more.

You angel you
You got me under your wing.
It says everything.

Bob Dylan
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:18 pm
I love it the way Manfed Mann's Earth Band sings that one... Thanks Mr. Blythe!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:32 pm
Yer welcome, BD.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:52 pm
Wow! bigdice. You are magic. You got edgar to say your name.

Love this one, and it's my goodnight song.

Hey drink up all you people
Order anything you see
And have fun you happy people
The laugh and the drinks on me

Try to think that love's not around
Still it's uncomfortably near
My poor old heart ain't gaining any ground
Because my angel eyes ain't here

Angel eyes, that old devil sent
They glow unbearably bright
Need i say that my love's mispent
Mispent with angel eyes tonight

So drink up all of you people
Order anything you see
And have fun you happy people
The drink and the laughs on me

Pardon me but i got to run
The fact's uncommonly clear
I got to find who's now the number one
And why my angel eyes ain't here

Excuse me while i disappear

So, I'm disappearing now.

Goodnight, y'all
From Letty with love
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 02:47 am
Dean Jagger
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dean Jagger (7 November, 1903 - 5 February, 1991) was an Academy Award-winning and a Daytime Emmy Award winning American film actor.

Born Ira Dean Jagger in Columbus Grove, Ohio, Jagger made his film debut in The Woman from Hell (1929) with Mary Astor. He became a successful character actor, without becoming a major star, and appeared in almost 100 films in a career that lasted until shortly before his death.

He received an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Twelve O'Clock High (1949). Other notable film roles included Brigham Young (1940), Western Union (1941), Sister Kenny (1946), White Christmas (1954), Bad Day at Black Rock (1955), Vanishing Point (1971), and the 1956 British science-fiction film X the Unknown, although there was controversy when he refused to work with director Joseph Losey on this film because Losey was on the Hollywood blacklist. Losey was removed from the project after a few days shooting and replaced with Les Norman.

Jagger also achieved success in the television series Mr. Novak, winning Emmy Award nominations for his role, in 1964 and 1965. Though he won a Daytime Emmy award for a guest appearance in the religious series This Is the Life.

He died from heart disease in Santa Monica, California.

Dean Jagger has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contribution to motion pictures, at 1725 Vine Street.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 02:52 am
Al Hirt

Alois Maxwell Hirt (November 7, 1922 - April 27, 1999) was a popular American trumpeter and bandleader.

Hirt was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, the son of a police officer, and was known as "Al" or "Jumbo." At the age of six, he was given his first trumpet, which had been purchased at a local pawnshop. He would play in the Junior Police Band with the children of Alcide Nunez, and by the age of 16, Hirt was playing professionally, often with his friend Pete Fountain. During this time, he was hired to play at the local horse racing track, beginning a six-decade connection to the sport.

In 1940 Hirt went to Cincinnati, Ohio to study at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music with Dr. Frank Simon (a former soloist with the John Philip Sousa Orchestra). After a stint as a bugler in the United States Army during World War II, Hirt performed with various Swing big bands, including those of Tommy Dorsey, Jimmy Dorsey, Benny Goodman, and Ina Ray Hutton. In 1950 he became first trumpet and soloist with Horace Heidt's Orchestra.

Hirt then returned to New Orleans, working with various Dixieland groups and leading his own bands. Despite Hirt's statement years later "I'm not a jazz trumpet and never was a jazz trumpet" he made a few recordings where he demonstrated ability to play in that style during the 1950s, notably with bandleader Monk Hazel and a few other recordings on the local Southland Records label.

Hirt's virtuoso dexterity and fine tone on his instrument soon attracted the attention of national labels. Hirt had 22 different record albums on the Billboard Pop charts in the 1950s and 1960s. The albums Honey In The Horn and Cotton Candy were both in the top 10 best sellers for 1964, the same year Hirt scored a top hit single with his cover of Allen Toussaint's tune Java, and later won a Grammy award for the same recording.

Hirt's top 40 charted hit single of Sugar Lips in 1964 would be later used as the theme song for the NBC daytime game show Eye Guess, hosted by Bill Cullen and originally airing during the mid-to-late 1960s. Hirt was chosen to record the frenetic theme for the 1960s TV show "The Green Hornet", by famed arranger and composer Billy May. Thematically reminiscent of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov's Flight of the Bumblebee, it showcased Hirt's technical prowess. The recording again gained public attention in 2003 when it was used in the film Kill Bill.

Planting deep roots in his community, Hirt opened up a club on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter in 1962, which he ran until 1983. He also become a minority owner in the NFL expansion New Orleans Saints in 1967.

On February 8, 1970, while performing in a Mardi Gras parade in New Orleans, Hirt was injured while riding on a float. It is popularly believed that he was struck in the mouth by a thrown piece of concrete or brick. Documentation of factual details regarding the incident are vague. Hirt underwent surgery and had to wait a while and then practice slowly to make a return to the club scene.

In 1987 Hirt played a solo rendition of Ave Maria for Pope John Paul II's visit to New Orleans, a performance Hirt considered one of his most important.

Hirt died in New Orleans of liver failure after spending the previous year in a wheelchair due to edema in his leg. Despite the bout with edema, Hirt continued to play in local clubs including Chris Owens Club. His remains were buried in Metairie Cemetery.

Other nicknames include "Al (He's the King!) Hirt", "Sugar Lips" (after one of his most popular pieces) and "The Round Mound of Sound".

Al Hirt had 8 children, 10 grandchildren, and 6 great-grandchildren. In 1990, Al married Beverly Estabrook Essel, a friend of 40 years. According to one trivia source, Hirt had the names of his children engraved on his trumpet.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Hirt"
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 02:57 am
Joan Sutherland

Dame Joan Sutherland OM, AC, DBE (born November 7, 1926) is an Australian dramatic coloratura soprano noted for her contribution to the bel canto revival of the 1950s and 1960s.

She was hailed La Stupenda after an Alcina performance in La Fenice in 1960.

Early life and career

Joan Sutherland was born in Sydney. Her mother was a mezzo soprano who had given up her career. She learned a lot from her mother, with whom she used to sing and listen to many recordings. She attended St Catherine's School, Waverley, the oldest Anglican girls' school in Sydney. When Sutherland was 18, she started to study singing seriously. She made her debut in Australia as Dido in Purcell's Dido and Aeneas, in 1952. Previously, in 1950, she had won Australia's most important competition, The Sun Aria and went to London to study at the Opera School of the Royal College of Music. In 1951, she sang in performances of Eugène Goossens's Judith. She made her European debut as the First Lady in Die Zauberflöte at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden, on October 28, 1952. In November of the same year she gave five more performances at Covent Garden in Bellini's Norma in the role of Clotilde, with Maria Callas as Norma.

During her early career, she was training to be a Wagnerian dramatic soprano, following the steps of Kirsten Flagstad, whom she considers the best singer ever. In 1952, she sang her first leading role at the Royal Opera House: Amelia in Un Ballo in Maschera. Later, she sang Aida. Also in 1953, she sang in the world premiere of Benjamin Britten's Gloriana. In 1954, she married the conductor and pianist, Richard Bonynge. He convinced her to concentrate on the bel canto repertoire, since she had great ease at the high notes and coloratura. From 1954 to 1958, she sang successfully a large repertoire, from Eva in Die Meistersinger, Agathe in Der Freischütz, Desdemona in Otello, Gilda in Rigoletto, to Donna Anna in Don Giovanni and many others.

In 1957, she made her debut as Handel's Alcina, starting her work on rediscovering the forgotten operas from the Baroque and Bel Canto eras. In 1958, she sang Madame Lidoine in the English premiere of Francis Poulenc's Dialogues of the Carmelites.

La Stupenda

In 1959, she was invited to sing Lucia di Lammermoor at the Royal Opera House in a production conducted by Tullio Serafin and staged by Franco Zeffirelli. It was a breakthrough for Sutherland's career, and as soon as she finished the famous Mad Scene, she was a star. In 1960, she recorded the album The Art of the Prima Donna, which is still one of the most recommended opera albums ever recorded; the double LP set won a Grammy Award the following year. This album, which is a collection consisting mainly of coloratura arias, shows the young Sutherland at her very best at the beginning of her international career. It displays perfectly her effortless coloratura abilities and high notes, as well as her perfect trill, which she is widely admired for.

In 1960, Sutherland was already known as a vocal miracle and a great diva. She sang Lucia to great acclaim in Paris and, in 1961, at La Scala and the Metropolitan Opera. In 1960, she sang a superb Alcina at La Fenice, Venice, where she was nicknamed La Stupenda (The Stupendous One). Sutherland would soon be called La Stupenda all around the world. She also sang Alcina at the Dallas Opera, with which she made her US debut the same year.

Joan Sutherland added the greatest heroines of bel canto in her repertoire: Violetta (La Traviata), Amina (La Sonnambula) and Elvira (I Puritani) in 1960; Beatrice di Tenda in 1961; Marguerite de Valois (Les Huguenots) and Semiramide in 1962; Norma and Cleopatra (Giulio Cesare) in 1963. She later added Marie (La Fille du Régiment), which is one of her most admired roles, because of her perfect coloratura and lively, funny interpretation.

During the 1970s, her voice became more expressive and she improved her diction. Then, she added dramatic roles like Donizetti's Maria Stuarda and Lucrezia Borgia and Massenet's extremely difficult Esclarmonde. She even recorded a successful Turandot in 1972, though she never performed the role on stage.

Sutherland's early recordings show her to be possessed of a crystal-clear voice and excellent diction. However, by the early-1960s, her voice lost some of this clarity in the middle register, and she often came under fire for having extremely poor diction. Some have attributed this to sinus surgery; however, her major sinus surgery was done in 1959, immediately after her breakthrough Lucia at Covent Garden. [1] In fact, her first commercial recording of the first and final scene of Lucia reveals her voice and diction to be just as clear as prior to the sinus procedure. She clearly took the criticism to heart, since within a few years, her diction improved markedly and she continued to amaze and thrill audiences throughout the world.

In the late-1970s, Sutherland's voice started to decline. However, thanks to her vocal flexibility and flawless technique, she continued singing the most difficult roles amazingly well. During the 1980s, she added Anna Bolena, Amelia in I masnadieri and Adriana Lecouvreur to her repertoire. Her last performance was as Marguerite de Valois (Les Huguenots) in 1990, at the age of 64. However, her last public appearance took place in a gala performance of Die Fledermaus on New Year's Eve, 1990, at Covent Garden, with her friends, Luciano Pavarotti and Marilyn Horne. Since then she has made few public appearances, preferring a life of quiet rest.

Honours and awards

During her career and after, Sutherland received many prizes. In 1961, Sutherland was made a Commander of the British Empire. She was further elevated from Commander to Dame Commander on December 30, 1978. On June 9, 1975, Dame Joan was made a Companion of the Order of Australia. On November 29, 1991, the Queen bestowed on Dame Joan the Order of Merit, one of Britain and Australia's highest honours and within the Queen's personal gift.

In 2004, she received a Kennedy Center Honour for her outstanding achievement throughout her career. Joan Sutherland appears in many international vocal competitions and is the patron of the famous BBC Cardiff Singer of the World competition. She made many studio recordings, mostly for the Decca/London label.

Both Sutherland House at St Catherine's School, Sydney and The Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre (JSPAC), Penrith are named in honour of her.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:01 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:13 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:17 am
Story of a conductor

He was a mediocre conductor of a mediocre orchestra. He had been having problems with the basses; they were the least professional of his musicians. It was the last performance of the season, Beethoven's 9th Symphony, which required extra effort from the basses at the end. Earlier that evening, he found the basses celebrating one of their birthdays by passing a bottle around. As he was about to cue the basses, he knocked over his music stand. The sheet music scattered. As he stood in front of his orchestra, his worst fear was realized; it was the bottom of the 9th, no score and the basses were loaded.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:29 am
That's a good one, Bob. Smile

Good morning WA2K:

Dean Jagger, Al Hirt, Joan Sutherland, Johnny Rivers and Joni Mitchell

http://www.thegoldenyears.org/dean_jagger.jpghttp://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002WCX.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpghttp://www.abccontentsales.com.au/image/lucrezia_borgia_onlinepic.jpg
http://www.louisvillepalace.com/Cal_Images/rivers.jpghttp://musicmoz.org/img/editors/poppyseed/joni-mitchell_bothsidesnow.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
Good morning, WA2K radio.

Thanks, BioBob, for the great celeb info. Don't you think that the little story would have gone better if the orchestra had been engaged in Beethoven's "Fifth"? Razz

Well, my goodness, folks, there's our Raggedy up early with a marvelous collage of notables. Thanks, PA, for the lovely quintet.

Since the "9th" was based on Schiller's poem, I think it would be a wonderful way to begin the day.

Ode to Joy

Joy, thou beauteous godly lightning
Daughter of Elysium,
Fire drunken we are ent'ring
Heavenly, thy holy home!
Thy enchantments bind together,
What did custom stern divide,
Every man becomes a brother,
Where thy gentle wings abide.

Who the noble prize achieveth,
Good friend of a friend to be;
Who a lovely wife attaineth,
Join us in his jubilee!
Yes--he too who but {one} being
On this earth can call {his} own!
He who ne'er was able, weeping
Stealeth from this league alone!

Joy is drunk by every being
From kind nature's flowing breasts,
Every evil, every good thing
For her rosy footprint quests.
Gave she {us} both {vines} and kisses,
In the face of death a friend,
To the worm were given blisses
And the Cherubs God attend.

As the suns are flying, happy
Through the heaven's glorious plane,
Travel, brothers, down your lane,
Joyful as in hero's vict'ry.

Be embrac'd, ye millions yonder!
Take this kiss throughout the world!
Brothers--o'er the stars unfurl'd
Must reside a loving Father.
He who in the great ring dwelleth,
Homage pays to sympathy!
To the stars above leads she,
Where on high the {Unknown} reigneth.

-- Friedrich Schiller
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 08:18 am
And since Letty mentioned it, here it is:

A Fifth of Beethoven (featured in Saturday Night Fever)
Artist(Band):The Bee Gees - lyrics by the Bee Gees

Da da da dum

Da da da dum

Da da da dum

http://www.funnyaprons.com/designs/a764.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 08:29 am
Love it, Raggedy. I think Ludwig should have listened to his mother.

Want some whiskey in your water
Sugar in your tea
What's all these crazy questions they askin' me
This is the craziest party there could ever be
Don't turn on the lights, 'cause I don't want to see

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
That ain't the way to have fun, no

Open up the window
Let some air into this room
I think I'm almost chokin'
From the smell of stale perfume

And that cigarette you're smoking
'Bout scared me half to death
Open up the window, sucker
Let me catch my breath

[Refrain]
Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
She said, that ain't the way to have fun, son
That ain't the way to have fun, son

The radio is blastin'
Someone's knocking at the door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend
She's passed out on the floor

I seen so many things
I ain't never seen before
Don't know what it is
I don't wanna see no more

[Refrain]

Mama told me, mama told me, mama told me
Told me, told me
That ain't no way to have fun, whoah, yeah yeah
Mama told me not to come
Mama, mama, mama told me
That ain't no way to have fun

[Ad lib, repeat to fade]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 12:07 pm
Breaking news:

Oil rises to record above $98 a barrel
By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer 34 minutes ago

VIENNA, Austria - Record oil prices edged closer to $100 a barrel Wednesday amid expectations of declining U.S. supplies. The weak dollar and OPEC's apparent reluctance to pump more crude into the market also boosted prices.

Light, sweet crude for December delivery surged $1.24 to $97.94 a barrel by midday in Europe after earlier reaching a record $98.62 in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.
The contract hit a high of $97.10 Tuesday before closing at $96.70 a barrel, a record settlement 66 percent higher than the close on the first trading day of the year.
In London, Brent crude rose $1.29 to $94.55 a barrel on the ICE Futures exchange. A number of North Sea oil platforms were evacuated Tuesday ahead of expected severe weather, and BP PLC said it expects to shut production Thursday from its Valhall oil and gas field.

The rest of the story

Oil prices
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:07 pm
It's All Right, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Bob Dylan

Darkness at the break of noon
Shadows even the silver spoon
The handmade blade, the child's balloon
Eclipses both the sun and moon
To understand you know too soon
There is no sense in trying.

Pointed threats, they bluff with scorn
Suicide remarks are torn
From the fool's gold mouthpiece
The hollow horn plays wasted words
Proves to warn
That he not busy being born
Is busy dying.

Temptation's page flies out the door
You follow, find yourself at war
Watch waterfalls of pity roar
You feel to moan but unlike before
You discover
That you'd just be
One more person crying.

So don't fear if you hear
A foreign sound to your ear
It's alright, Ma, I'm only sighing.

As some warn victory, some downfall
Private reasons great or small
Can be seen in the eyes of those that call
To make all that should be killed to crawl
While others say don't hate nothing at all
Except hatred.

Disillusioned words like bullets bark
As human gods aim for their mark
Made everything from toy guns that spark
To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
It's easy to see without looking too far
That not much
Is really sacred.

While preachers preach of evil fates
Teachers teach that knowledge waits
Can lead to hundred-dollar plates
Goodness hides behind its gates
But even the president of the United States
Sometimes must have
To stand naked.

An' though the rules of the road have been lodged
It's only people's games that you got to dodge
And it's alright, Ma, I can make it.

Advertising signs that con you
Into thinking you're the one
That can do what's never been done
That can win what's never been won
Meantime life outside goes on
All around you.

You lose yourself, you reappear
You suddenly find you got nothing to fear
Alone you stand with nobody near
When a trembling distant voice, unclear
Startles your sleeping ears to hear
That somebody thinks
They really found you.

A question in your nerves is lit
Yet you know there is no answer fit to satisfy
Insure you not to quit
To keep it in your mind and not fergit
That it is not he or she or them or it
That you belong to.

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to.

For them that must obey authority
That they do not respect in any degree
Who despise their jobs, their destinies
Speak jealously of them that are free
Cultivate their flowers to be
Nothing more than something
They invest in.

While some on principles baptized
To strict party platform ties
Social clubs in drag disguise
Outsiders they can freely criticize
Tell nothing except who to idolize
And then say God bless him.

While one who sings with his tongue on fire
Gargles in the rat race choir
Bent out of shape from society's pliers
Cares not to come up any higher
But rather get you down in the hole
That he's in.

But I mean no harm nor put fault
On anyone that lives in a vault
But it's alright, Ma, if I can't please him.

Old lady judges watch people in pairs
Limited in sex, they dare
To push fake morals, insult and stare
While money doesn't talk, it swears
Obscenity, who really cares
Propaganda, all is phony.

While them that defend what they cannot see
With a killer's pride, security
It blows the minds most bitterly
For them that think death's honesty
Won't fall upon them naturally
Life sometimes
Must get lonely.

My eyes collide head-on with stuffed graveyards
False gods, I scuff
At pettiness which plays so rough
Walk upside-down inside handcuffs
Kick my legs to crash it off
Say okay, I have had enough
What else can you show me?

And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They'd probably put my head in a guillotine
But it's alright, Ma, it's life, and life only.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:37 pm
Right, edgar and Bob. It's life, or what's left of it.

It's cold here in my little studio. I had forgotten the feel of it.

This was inspired by your "Book Burning", Texas, but it has nothing to do with the pyrrhic victory of Watts. I just realized that the Bee Gees were in the disco era, and found this song.

The Trammps - Disco

Burn baby burn! Burn baby burn! Burn baby burn! Burn baby burn!
Burnin'!

To mass fires, yes! One hundred stories high
People gettin' loose yall gettin' down on the roof - Do you hear?
(the folks are flaming) Folks were screamin' - out of control
It was so entertainin' - when the boogie started to explode
I heard somebody say

Burn baby burn! - Disco inferno!
Burn baby burn! - Burn that mama down
Burnin'!

Satisfaction (uhu hu hu) came in the chain reaction
(burnin') I couldn't get enough, (till I had to self-destroy) so I had to
self destruct, (uhu hu hu)
The heat was on (burnin), rising to the top, huh!
Everybody's goin' strong (uhu hu hu)
And that is when my spark got hot
I heard somebody say

Burn baby burn! - Burn that mama down, yoh!
Burnin'!

Up above my head I hear music in the air - I hear music!
That makes me know there's (somebody) a promise somewhere

Satisfaction came in a chain reaction - Do you hear?
I couldn't get enough, so I had to self destruct,
The heat was on, rising to the top
Everybody's goin' strong
That is when my spark got hot
I heard somebody say

Burn baby burn! - Disco inferno! (Aah yeah!)
Burn baby burn! - Disco inferno, yeah!
Burnin!

I just can't stop
When(till) my spark gets hot
Just can't stop
When my spark gets hot

Burning, burning, burning, burning...

Now, folks, I wish I hadn't found it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 08:52 pm
What a nice evening it has been. I always feel serenity when I think of poetry and music. The story of Evangeline and Grand Pre is sad but beautiful, listeners. In recalling a passage from the narrative, I remember "two ships that pass in the night."

This, then, shall be my goodnight song.

Ian Hunter

We walked to the sea, just my father and me
and the dogs played around on the sand.
Winter cold cut the air, hanging still everywhere
dressed in gray did he say hold my hand?
I said love's easier when it's far away
We sat and watched the distant lights.

We're two ships that pass in the night
And we smile when we say it's alright.
We're still here, it's just that we're out of sight
like those ships that pass in the night.

There's a boat on the line where the sea meets the sky.
There's another that rides far behind.
And it seems you and I are like strangers a wide
Ways apart as we drift on through time.
He said it's harder now you're far away
We only read you when you write.

We both smile when we say it's alright.
We're still here, Oh it's just that we're out of sight
like those ships that pass in the night.

(Repeat and fade)

Goodnight,
From Letty with love
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 10:20 pm
I'LL SAIL MY SHIP ALONE
Recorded by: Moon Mullican
Writers: Moon Mullican, Henry Bernard, Henry Thurston,
Lois Mann, & Morry Burns

[D] We've been sweethearts for so long
But now you say, "We're [G] thru!"
The [A7] love we shared is now a memo-[D] ry
I had built a ship of dreams
And planned them all for [G] you
And [A7] now I guess what is to be will [D] be.

CHORUS
[D] I'll sail my ship alone
With [A7] all the dreams I own
Drifting out across the ocean [D] blue
I'll sail my ship alone
Tho' [A7] all the sails, you've torn
And when it starts to sink, then I'll blame [D] you.

I'm just like a ship at sea
That's lost without a sail
The dark clouds hide the sun from up above
And even with these broken dreams
My heart will never fail
For deep inside there's only one true love.

CHORUS

I gave a message to the wind
To take back home to you
Hopin' you would hear my S.O.S.
Maybe you would come back home
My darling, if you knew
How much my aching heart is in distress.

CHORUS
0 Replies