WA2K Radio is now on the air

Letty

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 10:33 am
Hilarous, hawkman. I believe I like the kids' version better. Thanks for the bios. I think we all know most of them.

Back in a bit to do Deep Purple.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 11:16 am
Well, Nino Tempo is some name, folks, and I had a time searching for his lyrics to Deep Purple as there is also a singing group called Deep Purple.

I found this, however, and added the verse since often those lyrics are the loveliest.

The sun is sinking low,
Behind the hills,
I loved you long ago,
I love you still,
When from the mist there comes to me at twilight
The thought of love's old thrill

When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls
And the stars begin to flicker in the sky
Through the mist of a memory you wander back to me
Breathing my name with a sigh
In the still of the night once again I hold you tight
Though you're gone, your love lives on when moonlight beams
And as long as my heart will beat, lover we'll always meet
Here in my deep purple dreams
Here in my deep purple dreams
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:37 pm
this being saturday night , i'd like to present some 'gilbert and sullivan' for your entertainment .
hbg

Three little maids from school are we
Pert as a school-girl well can be
Filled to the brim with girlish glee
Three little maids from school

Everything is a source of fun
Nobody's safe, for we care for none
Life is a joke that's just begun

Three little maids who, all unwary
Come from a ladies' seminary
Freed from its genius tutelary

One little maid is a bride, Yum-Yum
Two little maids in attendance come
Three little maids is the total sum

From three little maids take one away
Two little maids remain, and they
Won't have to wait very long, they say

Three little maids who, all unwary
Come from a ladies' seminary
Freed from its genius tutelary
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:45 pm
however , if that is a little too soppy , how about 'mountain blues' , often sung by bessie smith , my recording is with sonny terry .
hbg

Black Mountain Blues

Out in Black Mountain a child will smack your face
I'm saying out on Black Mountain a child will smack your face
The babies cry for liquor, and all the birds sing bass

Well, those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be
And those people in Black Mountain are mean as they can be
Now they uses gun powder just to sweeten up their tea

Well, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail
Yeah, out in Black Mountain you can't keep a good man in jail
'Cause if the jury convicts him, the judge will pay his bail

I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in town
I had a man in Black Mountain, the sweetest man in the town
But then he met a city gal, that's when he throwed me down

Lord, I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun
I'm going back to Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun
I'm gonna cut him if he stands still, I'll just shoot him if he runs

Lord, now you've heard my story, now you've heard my news
Lord, now you've heard my story, now you've heard my news
Now my man can clear off, I've got the Blackest Mountain blues
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 06:58 pm
Hey, hamburger. I love the antics of Gilbert and Sullivan. I was just looking for the Pirates of Penzance, buddy.

Wow. That Bessie Smith song was wild, Canada. I think that she inspired Billie Holiday(Lady Day) who in turn inspired other jazz vocalists.

Here's a little serendipity song that I ran across while looking for one of yours:

If you never rode west of the arizona border
You can turn the other way boy, but you'll never get far
You be living a lie
If you wanna see the wonders of the age you must follow the evening star

Evening star
Shine a little heaven on the stranger with no dream
Where you are you can see the loneliness i mean
And if i gotta fight i will never play somebody's else's game
I can follow the evening star
Starlight - you never need somebody else's name
If you follow the evening star

Have you ever know a sunset when the sky's on fire
How you end another day boy
You been seaching to far
Like the desert i rode on any memory is lost in the restless wind
I just lie beneath the evening star

Evening star
Shine a little heaven on a stranger with no dream
And if i gotta fight i will never play somebody's else's game
Starlight - you never need somebody's elses name

Have you ever held a woman in the california moonlight
Put your money on a good night
If you never been there it's a sight for sore eyes
If you wanna see the wonders of the age
Making love beneath the evening star

Evening star
Shine a little heaven on a stranger with no dream
And if i gotta fight i will never play somebody else's game
Starlight - you never need somebody else's name
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:18 pm
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 07:42 pm
Love it, hbg. Reminds me of a kid's song; "Monkey see, monkey do, the monkey does the same as you. Razz

Actually, buddy, we got all our vinyls free because so many of them came to the radio and tv station as demos.

Here's a good one, and I recall my older sister whispering to me that this song was about prostitutes. I had no idea what she meant.

Rum and Coca-Cola

If you ever go down Trinidad
They make you feel so very glad
Calypso sing and make up rhyme
Guarantee you one real good fine time

Drinkin' rum and Coca-Cola
Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter
Workin' for the Yankee dollar

Oh, beat it man, beat it

Since the Yankee come to Trinidad
They got the young girls all goin' mad
Young girls say they treat 'em nice
Make Trinidad like paradise

Drunken' rum and Coca-Cola
Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter

Oh, you vex me, you vex me

From Chicachicaree to Mona's Isle
Native girls all dance and smile
Help soldier celebrate his leave
Make every day like New Year's Eve

Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter
It's a fact, man, it's a fact

In old Trinidad, I also fear
The situation is mighty queer
Like the Yankee girl, the native swoon
When she hear dar Bingo croon

Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter

Out on Manzanilla Beach
GA.I. romance with native peach
All night long, make tropic love
Next day, sit in hot sun and cool off

Go down Point Koomahnah
Both mother and daughter

It's a fact, man, it's a fact

Rum and Coca-Cola
Rum and Coca-Cola
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 09:31 pm
Little Boy Blue
Bobby Blue Bland

When I thought I was so high above you
You were so good to me
Even though you knew I didn't love you
You were still good to me

And when it used to
Make me happy to see you cry
You were so good to me
And that's no lie

You used to call me
Bobby, Little Boy Blue
You said, blow your horn, baby
Little Boy Blue

You used to call me
Bobby, Bobby
So nice to me, baby
Oh, yes, you were

I remember, baby
When you cried all night long
I know now, darling
I was doing you wrong

If I had a million dollars
I'd give you every, every dime
Just to hear you call me Bobby
One more time

You used to call me
B-o-b-b-y
B-o-b-b-y

Bobby
You called me Bobby
And, oh, it used to
Sound so good, oh, yeah

You don't know how much
I miss you, baby
Yeah, yeah

If you'd just give me
One more chance, darling
Yeah, let me hear you call me Bobby

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, baby
You don't know how much I love you
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 05:53 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:00 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:15 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:20 am
Terry Moore
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Terry Moore (born to a Mormon family in Los Angeles, California on January 7, 1929) is an Oscar-nominated American actress.

Early life

Moore was christened Helen Luella Koford. She worked as a child model before making her film debut in Maryland (1940).

Career

Throughout the 1940s, Moore worked under a variety of names before settling on Terry Moore in 1948. Although cast in mostly B-pictures, she managed to make her mark in several box office hits, including Mighty Joe Young (1949), Come Back, Little Sheba (1952) - for which she was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress and Peyton Place (1957).

Although Moore has worked steadily for the past few decades, her appearances have been in usually minor roles in smaller films.

Private life

Long romantically involved with billionaire Howard Hughes, Moore claimed after his death that they had secretly married in 1949 and never divorced. Although she could offer no definitive proof of her allegation, Hughes's estate paid her a settlement in 1984. At the age of 55 she appeared nude in the August 1984 issue of Playboy magazine.

She went on to write two books about Hughes:

Terry Moore - The Beauty and the Billionaire, New York (1984).
Terry Moore and Jerry Rivers - The Passions of Howard Hughes. General Publishing Group (1996), an audio abridgement is narrated by Terry. She claims that Howard received no medical treatment because he was an abused victim of a conspiracy to take over his empire.
Despite her appearance in Playboy, she describes herself as a "devout Mormon".

She was also one of the first female jet pilots.

Terry is the mother of actor Grant Cramer.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:24 am
Kenny Loggins

Kenny Loggins (born Kenneth Clark Loggins on January 7, 1948) is an American singer and songwriter.

Biography

Loggins was born in Everett, Washington. The early 70s found him in the band "Gator Creek" with Mike Deasy. An early version of "Danny's Song" (later recorded by Loggins and Messina) was included on this effort on Mercury Records. Two covers are featured as well, Jackson Browne's "These Days" and "Don't Try to Lay no Boogie Woogie on the King of Rock and Roll" which was made famous by Long John Baldry.

Loggins continued his career in the 1970s, and after catching the attention of fellow singer-songwriter Jim Messina, the two began a duo career under Loggins and Messina that would last until 1976. In 1977, Loggins went on to produce his first solo album, Celebrate Me Home, which included the hit "I Believe In Love". Nightwatch, a popular album released in 1978, included the hit "Whenever I Call You Friend", a duet with Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. He followed this in 1979 with Keep The Fire, which included hits "This Is It" which would be sampled by hip hop rapper Papoose for his 2005 track Cherrades.

Loggins also wrote the song "What a Fool Believes" with Michael McDonald of the Doobie Brothers. Furthermore, he penned "Danny's Song" and "A Love Song" for Anne Murray in the early 70's.

Over the next decade, Loggins recorded many hit songs for movie soundtracks. This began with "I'm Alright" from Caddyshack. Hits followed with "Footloose" from the soundtrack of the same name, "Meet Me Halfway" from Over the Top, and "Danger Zone" and "Playin' With The Boys", from Top Gun. He also performed as a member of USA for Africa on the famine-relief fundraising single We Are The World.

In the 1990s, Loggins continued his album career, including the popular 1994 children's album, Return to Pooh Corner, which included the title single, a reworking of "House at Pooh Corner", his top 40 hit from 1969 with an added verse and backing vocals by Amy Grant. Some people criticized Loggins for changing the song, but it was well received by the public. Loggins also produced a song called "Forever", which would become an internationally recognized piece, translated into several languages. With the Sherman Brothers he also eventually wrote and then solo performed "Your Heart Will Lead You Home," a popular song for The Tigger Movie - part of the Winnie-the-Pooh series - in 2000.

In 1991, Loggins recorded and produced Leap of Faith, an important album in his career featuring the hit "Conviction of the Heart." Former Vice-President Al Gore billed this song as "the unofficial anthem of the environmental movement." On Earth Day in 1995, Loggins performed at The National Mall in Washington, D.C. for a live audience of 500,000.

His cousin Dave Loggins is also a singer-songwriter, known for his 1974 top-ten hit "Please Come to Boston" and his 1984 #1 Country duet with Anne Murray, "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do."

In recent years, Loggins has continued to record and produce within the Adult Contemporary genre, and scored a #1 single on Billboard's AC chart in 1997 with "For The First Time."

In 2005, Loggins reconnected with Jim Messina. The two decided to hit the road again; the result was a successful nationwide tour that resulted in the CD and DVD, "Loggins and Messina Sittin' In Again".

In popular culture

Beginning in 2005, an internet-based comedy series of video shorts called "Yacht Rock" has fictionalized the collaborative songwriting efforts of Loggins and Michael McDonald.

In the episode of The Simpsons entitled How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, Homer goes to Rock and roll camp headed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. At one point they have a "class" conducted by Lenny Kravitz and he gets asked by Apu about crotch stuffing. Kravitz answers "I don't do it, but Kenny Loggins does". At the same moment you have a shot of Loggins yelling "I trusted you!" and running away.

Trivia

Loggins' 1979 hit "This Is It" became a #5 song on the Billboard R&B charts.
Loggins was once a member of 1960s psychedelic rock band, The Electric Prunes.
In 1970, four of Loggins' songs, including "House at Pooh Corner", appeared on The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's album, Uncle Charlie and His Dog Teddy.
On the Futurama episode Obsoletely Fabulous, Bender Bending Rodríguez was listening to Loggins' song, "I'm Alright".
The track "Who's Right, Who's Wrong?" features backing vocals from Michael Jackson.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:26 am
David Caruso

David Caruso (born January 7, 1956 in Forest Hills, Queens, New York) is an American film and television actor. He is best known at present for his role as Horatio Caine on the TV series CSI: Miami.

The child of an Italian-American father and an Irish-American mother, Caruso attended elementary and middle school at Our Lady Queen of the Martyrs in Forest Hills, Queens, the same primary school attended by Ray Romano and Pia Zadora. He later graduated from Archbishop Molloy High School in nearby Briarwood.

His first film appearance was in the 1980 film Getting Wasted, in which he played the part of Henry. Caruso spent the better part of the next decade in supporting roles, appearing in such films as An Officer and a Gentleman, First Blood, Blue City, and China Girl. In television he had a re-ocurring role as a gang leader on Hill Street Blues. He was also a series regular on the television series Crime Story, which ran from 1986 to 1988. His breakthrough role came in 1993, when he landed the part of Detective John Kelly on the brand-new series NYPD Blue. After garnering much positive attention for his work on the show, Caruso famously left NYPD Blue the following year to pursue a career in film, but was unable to establish himself in the movie industry. Starring roles during that period were the crime thrillers Kiss of Death (1995) and Jade (1995).

In 1997, Caruso returned to television as the star of the CBS drama series Michael Hayes. It ran for one season of 22 episodes. He had a supporting role in the movie Proof of Life in 2000. In 2001 he had a lead role in the horror film Session 9. Since 2002, has starred as Horatio H. Caine in the popular CSI series CSI: Miami.

Aside from his acting career, Caruso is a co-owner of Steam, a clothing and furniture store in Miami, Florida. He has a daughter, Greta (born June 1, 1984), with his second wife, Rachel Ticotin, and a son, Marquez Anthony (born September 15, 2005), with his girlfriend, Liza Marquez. In 1994 (according to court record) ex-girlfriend Paris Papiro slapped him with a palimony suit. Caruso paid an undisclosed sum in early 1995.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:32 am
Nicolas Cage

Birth name Nicolas Kim Coppola
Born January 7, 1964 (age 42)
Long Beach, California

Height 6' 0" (1.83 m)
Other name(s) Nic Cage
Spouse(s) Patricia Arquette (1995-2001)
Lisa Marie Presley (2002-2004)
Alice Kim (2004-present)

Academy Awards

Best Actor in a Leading Role

Ben Sanderson, Leaving Las Vegas

Nicolas Cage (born Nicholas Kim Coppola on January 7, 1964)[1] is an award-winning American actor. Cage has also worked as a director and producer through his production company Saturn Films.[1]

As of 2006, he has been nominated twice for an Academy Award as Best Actor in a Leading Role, winning one of them for his performance in Leaving Las Vegas.

Biography

Early life

Nicolas Cage was born Nicolas Kim Coppola in Long Beach, California. He is of Italian descent on his father's side, and English and German descent on that of his mother.[2] His parents are August Floyd Coppola, a comparative literature professor and brother of influential director Francis Ford Coppola, and Joy Vogelsang, a choreographer and dancer. His brother is Michael "The Cope" Coppola, a New York radio personality (currently airing on WAXQ 104.3 (also known as Q104.3). His cousin is Sofia Coppola, director of Lost in Translation and Marie Antoinette.

Cage, who went to the same high school as fellow entertainers Albert Brooks, Angelina Jolie, Lenny Kravitz, Slash, Rob Reiner, and David Schwimmer, aspired to act from an early age.[3] His first (non-cinematic) acting experience was in a school production of Golden Boy.

Career

In order to avoid cries of nepotism as the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, Cage changed his name from Nicolas Coppola early in his career [2]. The assumed surname is inspired by Marvel Comics character Luke Cage, a streetwise African-American superhero.[3] Since his feature film debut in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, in which he had a minute role opposite Sean Penn, Cage has appeared in a wide range of films, both mainstream and offbeat.

Cage has twice been nominated for an Academy Award and won once, for his performance as a suicidal alcoholic in Leaving Las Vegas. His other nomination was for playing real-life screenwriter Charlie Kaufman and Kaufman's fictional twin Donald in Adaptation. Both of those films were offbeat, low-budget films to which Cage lent his superstar clout. Despite these successes, most of his lower-profile films have performed poorly at the box office compared with his more mainstream, action-filled efforts. In 2005, for example, audiences ignored two offbeat, non-mainstream films he headlined, Lord of War and The Weather Man. Despite good reviews for his acting and nationwide releases for both films, neither found a significant audience.

Most of his financial successes have come from his forays into the action-adventure genre. In his highest grossing film to date, National Treasure, he played a neurotic historian who goes on a dangerous adventure to find treasure hidden by the Founding Fathers of the United States. Other action hits in which Cage has starred include The Rock, in which he played a young FBI chemical weapons expert who infiltrates Alcatraz Island in hopes of neutralizing a terrorist threat, and World Trade Center, director Oliver Stone's film regarding the September 11, 2001 attacks.

In recent years, Cage has experimented in other film-related fields besides acting. He made his directorial debut with Sonny, a low-budget drama starring James Franco as a male prostitute whose mother (Brenda Blethyn) serves as his pimp.[1] Cage had a small role in the grim film, which received poor reviews and a short run in a limited number of theatres.

Cage's producing career has seen more success. Shadow of the Vampire, the first film produced by Saturn Films[1], the company he founded with partner Norm Golightly, was nominated for an Academy Award. He also produced The Life of David Gale, a death penalty-themed thriller with Kevin Spacey and Kate Winslet.

In early December 2006, Cage announced at the Bahamas International Film Festival that he would be taking time off from acting. He currently has eight films in the works. Cage said, "I feel I've made a lot of movies already and I want to start exploring other opportunities that I can apply myself to, whether it's writing or other interests that I may develop." 5

Personal life

In his early 20s, he dated Jenny Wright for two years and was later involved with Uma Thurman. Cage has been married three times:

Patricia Arquette (April 8, 1995 to May 18, 2001) - Cage proposed to on the day he met her in the early 80's. Arquette thought he was strange, but played along with his antics by creating a list of things Cage would have to do to "win her hand", including obtaining the autograph of reclusive author J.D. Salinger. However, when he seriously started moving through the list of demands, Arquette became scared and avoided him. However they met again many years later and went on to marry.
Lisa Marie Presley (Married on August 10, 2002 and separated after four months in December 2002.Divorced is finalised on May 16, 2004) - the daughter of Elvis Presley of whom Cage is a fan and based his performance in Wild at Heart on. He later said they shouldn't have been married in the first place. [3]
His third (and current) wife, Korean American Alice Kim, is a former waitress, with whom he has a son, Kal-El (born October 3, 2005). Cage had a Malibu home where the couple initially lived, but in 2004 he bought a property on Paradise Island, Bahamas. In 2005 he sold his Malibu home for $10 million. In May 2006 he bought a 40 acre island in the Exuma archipelago which had been on the market for $3 million, some 85 miles southeast of Nassau and close to a similar island owned by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw[4].

Miscellaneous

The name of his second child, Kal-El is also the birth name of Superman in the DC Comics universe. Cage is a long-term fan of comics and considers them to be the modern equivalent of mythology. He was once attached to play Superman in a film to be directed by Tim Burton, but the project died due to budget and screenplay concerns. Cage also has a tattoo of Ghost Rider on his body (which, in an ironic twist, had to be covered with makeup when he played the character in a big-budget film adaptation).
Cage's favorite film is director Stanley Kubrick's controversial A Clockwork Orange.
Cage has many close friends within the entertainment industry, including Jim Carrey (whom he met on the set of Peggy Sue Got Married), late musician Johnny Ramone, and Tom Waits.
Cage trains in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under instructor Royce Gracie.
Cage was given an Honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts by California State University, Fullerton in May 2001. Cage delivered a speech at the commencement.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 06:35 am
Jack had a blind date with Jill for the prom and, as the evening progressed,
he found himself more and more attracted to her.
After some really passionate embracing, he said, "Tell me, do you object to making love?"
"That is something I have never done before," Jill replied.
"Never made love? You mean you are a virgin?"
Jack was amazed.
"No, silly!" she giggled. "I've never objected!"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:08 am
Good morning, WA2K, listeners and contributors.

Well, we know our hawkman is finished with his bio's when we get a joke that says it all about the Jack and Jills of the world. We all love to greet the world with a smile, Bob, and thanks once again for the great info about the celebs.

As usual, we will await our Raggedy to remind us visually of what we learn from Boston. <smile>

I did a search on Kenny Loggins and found a song that I know and like, but was surprised to find that someone named Cindy Walker actually wrote it. Everyone has done this one including Ray Charles, but it's a good one, so let's give a listen:

You Don't Know Me

You give your hand to me
And then you say, hello.
And I can hardly speak,
My heart is beating so.
And anyone can tell
You think you know me well.
Well, you don't know me.

No you don't know the one
Who dreams of you at night;
And longs to kiss your lips
And longs to hold you tight
Oh I'm just a friend.
That's all I've ever been.
Cause you don't know me.

For I never knew the art of making love,
Though my heart aches with love for you.
Afraid and shy, I let my chance go by.
A chance that you might love me too.

You give your hand to me,
And then you say, goodbye.
I watched you walk away,
Beside the lucky guy
Oh, you'll never ever know
The one who loved you so.
Well, you don't know me

For I never knew the art of making love,
Though my heart aches with love for you.
Afraid and shy, I let my chance go by.
A chance that you might love me too.

Oh, you give your hand to me,
And then you say, goodbye.
I watched you walk away,
Beside the lucky guy
Oh, you'll never ever know
The one who loved you so.
Well, you don't know me.

edgar, love that Little Boy Blue song, Texas. Did you know that there is a counterpart to that song? It's called, "Little Girl Blue."
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:30 am
Good morning WA2K.
And don't forget "Baby Blue" (It's all over now). Very Happy Edgar will know that one.

Here are Terry, Kenny, David and Nicolas.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/6/62/Terry_Moore.jpghttp://www.nndb.com/people/879/000024807/loggins-crop.jpg
http://www.moviestarsmovies.com/Images/DavidCaruso.jpghttp://www.kirstenp.claranet.de/moviefaces/actor/c/nicolascage.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 07:51 am
Well, there's our Raggedy, folks. Great collage, montage, PA. Wasn't there a remake of Mighty Joe Young?

Now you have sent me to the archives to locate "Baby Blue". Always thought that was IBM. Razz

Well, folks, Here is the other "blue" song:

(Richard Rodgers/Lorentz Hart)

When I was very young
The world was younger than I
As merry as a carousel

The circus tent was strong
With every star in the sky
Above the ring I loved so well

Now the young world has grown old
Gone are the tinsle and gold

Sit there and count your fingers
What can you do?
Oh girl you're through
All you can count on are your fingers
Unlucky little girl blue

Sit there and count the raindrops
Falling on you
It's time you knew
All you can count on are the raindrops
That fall on little girl blue

No use oh girl
You may as well surrender
Your hope is getting slender
Why won't somebody send a tender blue boy
To cheer little girl blue.

And, of course, Dylan's version:

You must leave now, take what you need, you think will last.
But whatever you wish to keep, you better grab it fast.
Yonder stands your orphan with his gun,
Crying like a fire in the sun.
Look out the saints are comin' through
And it's all over now, Baby Blue.

The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense.
Take what you have gathered from coincidence.
The empty-handed painter from your streets
Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets.
This sky, too, is folding under you

All your seasick sailors, they are rowing home.
All your reindeer armies, are all going home.
The lover who just walked out your door
Has taken all his blankets from the floor.
The carpet, too, is moving under you

Leave your stepping stones behind, something calls for you.
Forget the dead you've left, they will not follow you.
The vagabond who's rapping at your door
Is standing in the clothes that you once wore.
Strike another match, go start anew

Well, I had another "It's All Over now" song in mind.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 08:00 am
from Richard Farina

If there's a way to say I'm sorry, perhaps I'll stay another evening, beside your door, and watch the moon rise, inside your window, where jewels are falling, and flowers weeping, and strangers laughing, because you're dreaming that I have gone.

And if I don't know why I'm going, perhaps I'll wait beside the pathway where no one's coming, and count the questions I turned away from, or closed my eyes to, or had no time for, or passed right over because the answers would shame my pride.

I've hear them say the word "forever", but I don't know if words have meaning, when they are promised in fear of losing what can't be borrowed, or lent in blindness, or blessed by pageantry, or sold by preachers, while you're still walking your separate ways.

Sometime we bind ourselves together, and seldom know the harm in binding the only feeling that cries for freedom and needs unfolding, and understanding, and time for holding a simple mirror with one reflection to call your own.

If there's an end to all our dreaming, perhaps I'll go while you're still standing beside your door, and I'll remember your hands encircling a bowl of moonstones, a lamp of childhood, a robe of roses, because your sorrows were still unborn.
0 Replies