I find a flag already up that's not mine

And if I ever get close I'll need a banner or post
To hang it from, first there or not
So voyage may uncover a sister or brother
And a friendship that Colombus forgot.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 07:31 pm
dj, you are a marvel, honey. Now I can go and eat and not choke on my sorrow, and it's chicken from the beautiful South.

Hey, listeners. Let somebody send you an angel. I've gotten mine for tonight.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 07:42 pm
There's a rainbow in Toronto where the maritimers are bold
They always get a potfull, but they never get a pot of gold

But they're to it and at it at it and to it-
Ya gotta tune your attitude in
If ya don't get at it when ya get to it -
Ya won't get to it to get at it again

A guy from old New Brunswick He couldn't even pay his rent
We don't know how he travelled But we all know where he went
He was-

to it and at it at it and to it-

A girl from old spud Island-Old Potato lips
She married a Newfoundlander and they lived on Fish and Chips
But they were-

A guy from Nova Scotia, He can't afford the train-
He's sittin on a streetcar, but he's eastbound just the same
He's-

A Frenchman from the Gaspe said "Frogs don't like smog!"
So he hopped in a swamp of lilies where he lives in a hollow log...
But he's-

A guy from old Cape Breton, so lonesome he got stoned
He crawled into a suitcase, and somebody mailed him home.
But he's-

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 08:32 pm
You Are What You Love
Jenny Lewis

This is no great illusion
When I'm with you I'm looking for a ghost
Or invisible reasons
To fall out of love and run screaming from our home

Because we live in a house of mirrors
We see our fears and everything
Our songs, faces, and second hand clothes
But more and more we're suffering
Not nobody, not a thousand beers
Will keep us from feeling so all alone

But you are what you love
And not what loves you back
That's why I'm here on your doorstep
Pleading for you to take me back

The phone is a fine invention
It allows me to talk endlessly to you
About nothing disguising my intentions
Which I'm afraid, my friend, are wildly untrue

It's a sleight of hand, a white soul band
The heart attacks I'm convinced I have
Every morning upon waking
To you I'm a symbol or a monument
Your rite of passage to fufillment
But I'm not yours for the taking

But you are what you love
So I guess that's why you keep calling me back

I'm fraudulent, a thief at best
A coward who paints a bullshit canvas
Things that will never happen to me
But at arms length, it's Tim who said
I'm good at it, I've mastered it
Avoiding, avoiding everything

But you are what you love, Tim
And I'm in love with illusions
So saw me in half
I'm in love with tricks
So pull another rabbit out of your hat
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2006 10:16 pm
Restless Farewell

Oh all the money that in my whole life I did spend,
Be it mine right or wrongfully,
I let it slip gladly past the hands of my friends
To tie up the time most forcefully.
But the bottles are done,
We've killed each one
And the table's full and overflowed.
And the corner sign
Says it's closing time,
So I'll bid farewell and be down the road.

Oh ev'ry girl that ever I've touched,
I did not do it harmfully.
And ev'ry girl that ever I've hurt,
I did not do it knowin'ly.
But to remain as friends you need the time
To make amends and stay behind.
And since my feet are now fast
And point away from the past,
I'll bid farewell and be down the line.

Oh ev'ry foe that ever I faced,
The cause was there before we came.
And ev'ry cause that ever I fought,
I fought it full without regret or shame.
But the dark does die
As the curtain is drawn and somebody's eyes
Must meet the dawn.
And if I see the day
I'd only have to stay,
So I'll bid farewell in the night and be gone.

Oh, ev'ry thought that's strung a knot in my mind,
I might go insane if it couldn't be sprung.
But it's not to stand naked under unknowin' eyes,
It's for myself and my friends my stories are sung.
But the time ain't tall,
If on time you depend and the word is possessed
By no special friend.
And though the line is cut,
It ain't quite the end,
I'll just bid farewell till we meet again.

Oh a false clock tries to tick out my time
To disgrace, distract, and bother me.
And the dirt of gossip blows into my face,
And the dust of rumors covers me.
But if the arrow is straight
And the point is slick,
It can pierce through the dust no matter how thick.
So I'll make my stand
And remain as I am
And bid farewell and not give a damn.

B Dylan
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 04:01 am
Good morning, WA2K listeners and contributors. Still dark here in my little studio.

dj, fabulous song about Canada, buddy. I particulary liked the line:

"A guy from old Cape Breton, so lonesome he got stoned
He crawled into a suitcase, and somebody mailed him home.""

and Jenny is right, buddy. We are what we love.

You know, edgar, I believe that Dylan could qualify as a painter of modern art. We never quite know what he means, and I suppose that's part of his appeal.

For example, folks:

Sliding Trombone

I have a little windmill on my head
Which draws up water to my mouth and eyes
When I am hungry or moved to tears
I have a little horn full of the odour of absinth in my ears
And on my nose a green parakeet that flaps its wings
And cries 'Aux Armes'
When from the sky fall the seeds of the sun
The absence from the heart of steel
At the bottom of the boneless and stagnant realities
Is partial to crazy sea-fish
I am the captain and the alsatian at the cinema
I have in my belly a little agricultural machine
That reaps and binds electric flex
The cocoanuts thrown by the melancholy monkey
Fall like spittle into the water
Where they blossom again as petunias
I have in my stomach an ocarina and I have virginal faith
I feed my poet on the feet of a pianist
Whose teeth are even and uneven
And sad Sunday evenings
I throw my morganatic dreams
To the loving turtle-doves who laugh like hell.

Sound like a sliding trombone to you? Confused
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:00 am
Jeanette MacDonald
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jeanette MacDonaldJeanette MacDonald (June 18, 1903 - January 14, 1965) was a singer and actress best known for her film duets with Nelson Eddy, in films such as Naughty Marietta (1935) and Rose-Marie (1936).

Jeanette Anna MacDonald was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Daniel McDonald (a Scottish American) and Anna May Wright, who was of Welsh, English and Dutch descent. MacDonald made her professional debut at the age of six, singing "Old Mother Hubbard" in a charity opera at Philadelphia's Academy of Music. At the age of 16, accompanied by her father, she went to see her older sister, Blossom Rock, perform on Broadway in New York. An audition was arranged by her sister for a part as dancer in the chorus of another production. Jeanette got the part and was given permission by her parents to take the job. Of her start in Broadway, many years later she told Ed Sullivan, "I got a crick in my neck and $40 a week".

Jeanette MacDonald performed on Broadway a further nine years, progressing to leading roles in Yes, Yes, Yvette (1927), Sunny Days (1928), Angela (1928) and Boom Boom (1929) (opposite a young Cary Grant), before she was chosen by the Hollywood director Ernst Lubitsch to play the lead in his new film musical The Love Parade in 1929.

It was not until Irving Thalberg lured her to Metro Goldwyn Mayer in 1934, that she had her biggest hits including The Merry Widow (1934) (with Maurice Chevalier), Naughty Marietta, Rose-Marie (with an appearance by a very young Jimmy Stewart as her brother), and Maytime (1937) (all with Nelson Eddy). The latter, where she ages from a young girl to an old woman, is said to have been her favorite role. On very rare occasions she was given roles that allowed to extend her range as a dramatic actress, however she was still expected to sing.

Cast opposite Clark Gable and Spencer Tracy in San Francisco (1936), she was given some key dramatic scenes. This film also marks one of the few moments where MacDonald was able to contribute scenes where she sang opera arias from the standard repertoire, including rousing numbers from "La Traviata" and "Faust." The film was a spectacular success and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.

She did not confine herself to operetta, appearing in stage productions of grand opera, including Charles Gounod's Faust in 1943 and 1951, the latter being her last full length opera performance.

In 1937, Jeanette MacDonald married actor Gene Raymond, who was rumored to be bisexual, with whom she later co-starred in 1941's Smilin' Through. Although they were married until her death from heart disease at the age of 61 in 1965, they had no children. Jeanette continued to work with Nelson Eddy in radio during the 1940s, and in the 1950s they made joint TV appearances and cut a gold record, "Favorites in Hi-Fi (and Stereo)".

Several movies were proposed for the team in later years, including projects written by Nelson, and Florence L. Barclay's classic novel The Rosary, but none got off the ground. Jeanette died in Houston, Texas of heart disease, and was interred in the Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery in Glendale, California.

After her death, rumors began to emerge that Jeanette MacDonald had an off-screen relationship with Nelson Eddy. A biography authorized by Jeanette's widower Gene Raymond, Hollywood Diva by Edward Baron Turk (2000), (ISBN 0520222539), denies there was any such affair.

However, Sharon Rich, a close friend of MacDonald's older sister, TV actress Blossom Rock (from The Addams Family), has written several books supporting these rumors with excerpts from letters, diaries and interviews. Sweethearts by Sharon Rich (revised edition, 2001 - ISBN 0971199817), discusses MacDonald's ill-fated affair with Eddy.

Jeanette MacDonald: The Irving Stone Letters annotated by Sharon Rich 2002, (ISBN 0971199841), is a compilation of Jeanette's handwritten letters to a beau from her Broadway years (with whom she also discusses her Hollywood years), while Jeanette MacDonald Autobiography: The Lost Manuscript annotated by Sharon Rich 2004, (ISBN 0971199884) presents MacDonald's unpublished autobiography, in which MacDonald verifies a problematic marriage.

In answer to unsourced gossip that MacDonald and Eddy could not have had an affair due to Eddy's being gay, Sweethearts quotes testimony of several women who had lengthy heterosexual affairs with him from the 1920s through the 1960s, including Maryon Murphy, wife of film director Ralph Murphy, and author K.T. Ernshaw ("To Love Again") (2001, ISBN 0595166075) who also provided a detailed and candid interview about herself and Eddy, and the Eddy and MacDonald affair, in Mac/Eddy Today Issue #62 and #63" (2003, ISSN 0891-527X).

Another false rumor is that studio head Louis B. Mayer forced Eddy to marry. Eddy's elopement to Las Vegas with Ann Franklin followed MacDonald's well-documented (ie, newspaper blurbs, a photo with Hedda Hopper at her bedside) hospital stays following a miscarriage, her going to Reno to establish residency there so she could obtain a divorce from Gene Raymond, then backing out due to pressure from Mayer.

On the rebound, Eddy eloped with Franklin. Sweethearts cites several sources that Eddy was drunk when he married Franklin; one of the sources was Eddy's accompanist, Theodore Paxson. It should be noted that Gene Raymond, who was also blond and somewhat resembled Eddy, was arrested at least three times for gay-related incidents; a photo of his 1938 arrest and booking number is reproduced in Sweethearts, page 498 of the 2001 edition, an army nurse is named and quoted for the second arrest, while retired Scotland Yard detective Joe Sampson discussed the third arrest,which occurred in England during WWII.

Jeanette MacDonald was given two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for her contributions to Recordings and Motion Pictures.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:05 am
Richard Boone

Richard Allen Boone (June 18, 1917 - January 10, 1981) was an American actor who starred in over fifty films, and was notable for his roles in westerns. Most famously, he was the star of Have Gun, Will Travel.

Biography

Boone was born in Los Angeles, California and is a cousin of singer Pat Boone (a direct descendant of frontiersman Daniel Boone). He worked in several odd jobs, including boxing and painting, before serving in World War II in the US Navy. He later studied acting in New York, and in 1950, Boone made his screen debut as a Marine in Halls of Montezuma. He starred in three movies with John Wayne: The Alamo as Sam Houston, Big Jake and The Shootist.

From 1954 to 1956, Richard Boone starred in The Medic television show, receiving an Emmy nomination for Best Actor Starring in a Regular Series in 1955.

However, it was his second show that Boone became a national star with his Paladin character in Have Gun, Will Travel. The show ran from 1957 to 1963, with Boone receiving two more Emmy nominations in 1959 and 1960. During the 1960s Boone also appeared regularly on other television programs. For example, he did stints as both a guest panelist and as one of the What's My Line? Mystery Guests on the popular Sunday Night CBS-TV quiz show. On his visits to that show, he talked with host John Charles Daly about their days together working on the TV show The Front Page.

After Have Gun, Will Travel, Boone had his own anthology television show called The Richard Boone Show. Even though it only aired from 1963 to 1964, he received his fourth Emmy nomination in 1964. Along with The Danny Kaye Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show, The Richard Boone Show won a Golden Globe for Best Show in 1964.

Boone on What's My LineHe continued to star in many more movies, commonly as villains, with his pock-marked face, tobacco-fuelled bass voice and sullen demeanor a gift to directors of his most notable films, The Raid (1954), Man Without a Star (1955 King Vidor), The Tall T (1957 Budd Boetticher), The Alamo (1960 John Wayne), The War Lord (1965 Franklin Schaffner), Hombre (1967 Martin Ritt), The Arrangement (1968 Elia Kazan) and The Shootist (1976 Don Seigel). In 1965, he won the third place Laurel Award for Action Performance (Sean Connery won first place with Goldfinger and Burt Lancaster won second place with The Train).

In his final role, he played Commodore Matthew Perry in Bushido Blade. He died soon afterward of throat cancer in St. Augustine, Florida
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:15 am
... and Paul can answer the question today what happens when he is 64 :wink:

When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now
Will you still be sending me a Valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?

You'll be older, too
And, if you say the word, I could stay with you.

I could be handy mending a fuse when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside; Sunday mornings go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds - who could ask for more?

Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee - Vera, Chuck, and Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say; yours sincerely wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form, mine forever more
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:17 am
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:22 am
Isabella Rossellini

Born
18 June 1952
Rome, Italy

Isabella Fiorella Elettra Giovanna Rossellini (born June 18, 1952) is an Italian-Swedish model and an actress, daughter of Ingrid Bergman and Roberto Rossellini. She has a twin sister, who is a professor of Italian literature, Isotta Rossellini, and a brother, Roberto Ingmar Rossellini.

Biography

Isabella Rossellini was born in Rome, Italy.

As an actress she made her film debut with a brief appearance opposite her mother in the 1976 film A Matter of Time, though she didn't seriously take up acting until after her mother's death. She is probably best known for her role as Dorothy Vallens in David Lynch's Blue Velvet. She later took a part in Wild at Heart by the same director.

Other roles include Cousins (a Hollywood remake of the French film Cousin, Cousine), Death Becomes Her and Fearless.

Even though she closely resembles her mother, until 2006 Rossellini had never been cast as Ingrid Bergman in any film, although she did perform an eerily accurate parody of Bergman's character Ilsa Lund from Casablanca in an episode of Tales from the Crypt.

She was married during 1979-1983 to director Martin Scorsese, and later married to John Wiedemann with whom she has a daughter, Elettra. She was also romantically linked to David Lynch and Gary Oldman.

Her modeling career began when she was photographed by Bruce Weber for British Vogue and by Bill King for American Vogue. She has worked with many renowned photographers, including Richard Avedon, Francesco Scavullo, Annie Leibovitz, and Robert Mapplethorpe. Her image has appeared on such magazines as Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, and Vanity Fair.

Rossellini's modeling and acting career also led her into the world of cosmetics. Beginning in 1982, she was exclusive spokesmodel for the international cosmetics brand Lancôme for 14 years. She replaced Nancy Duteil in the United States and Carol Alt in Europe.

An exhibition of photographs of Rossellini, Portrait of a Woman, was held in March 1988 at the Musee d'Art Moderne in Paris.

In 1995, she developed her own brand of cosmetics, Isabella Rossellini's Manifesto.

Her autobiography, Some of Me, was published in 1997. That year she also provided voice acting for the video game Ceremony of Innocence, together with Paul McGann and Ben Kingsley. In 2002, she released her second book, Looking at Me (on pictures and photographers).

Beginning in 2003 she had a recurring role on the television series, Alias and that same year appeared in the Canadian film The Saddest Music in the World directed by Guy Maddin. In 2004 she played as the High Priestess Thar in the Sci Fi Channel miniseries Legend of Earthsea.

In 2006 she made (together with director Guy Maddin) a short film about her father Roberto Rossellini, My dad is 100 years old. She played her mother Ingrid Bergman, movie directors Alfred Hitchcock, Federico Fellini and Charles Chaplin and producer David O. Selznick.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:26 am
Carol Kane

Carol KaneCarol Kane (born Carolyn Laurie Kane on June 18, 1952) is an American actress from Cleveland, Ohio.

Kane is best known for her portrayal of Simka Dahblitz-Gravas, wife of Latka Gravas (Andy Kaufman), on the American television series Taxi from 1981 to 1983. Kane earned two Emmy Awards for her work in the series.

Kane is currently starring in the Broadway musical Wicked, playing Madame Morrible, a role which she had previously played in the show's first national tour.

She has guest-starred on a 1994 episode of Seinfeld and had a supporting role in the short-lived 1996-1997 sitcom Pearl, which starred Rhea Perlman.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 05:29 am
Remember it takes a college degree to fly a plane

but only a high school diploma to fix one. Reassurance for those of us who fly routinely

in our jobs.

After every flight, Qantas pilots fill out a form, called a "gripe sheet," which tells

mechanics about problems with the aircraft. The mechanics correct the problems,

document their repairs on the form, and then pilots review the gripe sheets before the

next flight.

Never let it be said that ground crews lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual

maintenance complaints submitted by Qantas' pilots (marked with a P) and the

solutions recorded (marked with an S) by maintenance engineers. By the way, Qantas

is the only major airline that has never, ever, had an accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.

S: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.

S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.

S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.

S: Live bugs on back-order.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.

S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.

S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.

S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.

S: That's what friction locks are for.

P: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.

S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.

S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny. (I love this one!)

S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.

S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.

S: Cat installed.

And the best one for last..................

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding

on something with a hammer.

S: Took hammer away from midget
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:30 am
Well, listeners, we know our hawkman has completed his info when he takes a hammer away from a midget. <smile>

Know all your celebs today, Boston, and after Raggedy gets here with reminders, we all shall be a bit wiser, except for Letty who left the trunk of her car partially open and killed the battery while a quart of milk exploded and left a sour smell on the otherwise spotless matt. Evil or Very Mad

Hey, Walter. Thanks for playing that song again. It's worth it, buddy.

Back in a moment or two, folks.

This is cyber space, WA2K radio
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 06:49 am
Can you believe that Hank Snow did this, folks?

Indian Love Call.

"Ooh!"

"Ooh!"

So echoes of sweet love notes gently fall

Thru the forest stillness,

As fond waiting Indian lovers call!

When the lone lagoon

Stirs in the Spring,

Welcoming home some swany white wing,

When the maiden moon,

Riding the sky,

Gathers her star-eyed dream children nigh:

That is the time of the moon and the year,

When love dreams to Indian maidens appear.

And this is the song that they hear:

[Refrain]:

When I'm calling you-oo-oo oo-oo-oo!

Will you answer too-oo-oo oo-oo-oo!

That means I offer my love to you, to be your own.

If you refuse me, what shall I do…

…just waiting all alone?

But if when you hear my love call ringing clear,

And I hear your answering echo, so dear,

Then I will know our love will come true,

You'll belong to me, I'll belong to you!
0 Replies

butterfly

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:08 am
Maroon 5
"Sunday Morning"

Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers share some skin
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mood that I am in
But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would lead me back to you
That someday it would lead me back to you

That may be all I need
In darkness she is all I see
Come and rest your bones with me
Driving slow on Sunday morning
And I never want to leave

Fingers trace your every outline
Paint a picture with my hands
Back and forth we sway like branches in a storm
Change the weather still together when it ends

That may be all I need
And I never want to leave

But things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do
Sunday morning rain is falling and I'm calling out to you
Singing someday it'll bring me back to you
Find a way to bring myself back home to you

And you may not know
That may be all I need
Driving slow....
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:11 am
And Slim Whitman yodelled the Indian Love Call to a No. 1 hit way back in the days of yore. I still have that record.

http://www.musicweb-international.com/film/apr99/Jeanette.jpghttp://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/westerns/paladin.jpg
(I can see her Mom in this picture)
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/8377/isabella/ir3.jpghttp://www.macleans.ca/images/FEEDS/06/16/e061631A.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 08:48 am
butterfly, Welcome back, dear. Love your song by Maroon5, Auzzie. Rather reminds us of Ronnie Milsap. Thanks, gal.

Raggedy, You mean to tell me Slim Whitman did that as well? Upon my word, PA. Thanks for the pictures, dear, and Yes, I can see Ingrid there, too. Still think about Casablanca. My oldest sister told me she caused quite a stir when Isabella was on the way. <smile>

Ah, how my mom loved Jeanette and Nelson. I would have loved to be heir to some of her vinyls. Didn't get one thing of my dad's except his penchant for music. Still have his picture, however.

Here's one that stuck in my head, folks, cause it was playing in the supermarket early this morning:

Billy Joel
» Uptown Girl

Uptown girl
She's been living in her uptown world
I bet she never had a back street guy
I bet her mama never told her why
I'm gonna try for an uptown girl
She's been living in her white bread world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man
That's what I am
And when she knows what
She wants from her time
And when she wakes up
And makes up her mind
She'll see I'm not so tough
Just because
I'm in love with an uptown girl
You know I've seen her in her uptown world
She's getting tired of her high class toys
And all her presents from her uptown boys
She's got a choice
Uptown girl
You know I can't afford to buy her pearls
But maybe someday when my ship comes in
She'll understand what kind of guy I've been
And then I'll win
And when she's walking
She's looking so fine
And when she's talking
She'll say that she's mine
She'll say I'm not so tough
Just because
I'm in love
With and uptown girl
She's been living in her white bread world
As long as anyone with hot blood can
And now she's looking for a downtown man
That's what I am
Uptown girl
She's my uptown girl
You know I'm in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl
Don't you know I'm in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl
You know I'm in love
With an uptown girl
My uptown girl
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2006 01:43 pm
Just found a new vocalist, folks. Her name is Elena Risteska. Let's hear a song by her in both English and Greek.

"NINANAJNA "
Elena's lyrics

Elena Risteska
FYR Macedonian Delegation

NINANAJNA

Ajde mom~e
ne se pla{i mom~e
}e ti dadam tebe.

Ka`i mi {to saka{
ka`i mi {to ti treba
ka`i mi {to posakuva{
}e napravam da se ~uvstvuva{ mnogu slatko.
]e gi razbudam tvoite fantazii
}e gi ostavaram tvoite soni{ta
no ako saka{ ninanaj so mene
}e ti ka`am {to da napravi{.

Refren:
Igraj so mene ninanajna
pej so mene ninanajna
sakam da bidam so tebe
sakam da ti dadam tebe.
Igraj so mene ninanajna
pej so mene ninanajna
sakam da bidam so tebe