Messenger question

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 04:03 pm
So I don't use the Facebook app or the messenger app. I don't like messaging people that way. But every now and then I'll get a message and since I don't have the app I have to go install it to see it. So how can I go offline or make it so I can't get messages from anyone?

jespah

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 05:43 pm
@Liquidempire,
You might not be able to block all messages, but you should be able to at least block messages from people who are not your friends (go to your privacy settings). I would also suggest going to your notifications settings as I suspect that's more of an issue. What do you care if the messages just pile up in your inbox if you never hear about them?

Me, personally, I have something like 99% of all notifications turned off and I think the only notification I get is if someone has sent a message in one of the pages I manage.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2017 07:46 pm
@Liquidempire,
Ditto to what Jespah said. I have my personal page totally locked down and all notifications turned off. I only get a few specific push notifications from my business page.

It IS possible, but you'll probably have to do it on the desktop version of Facebook.
0 Replies