Neverending Poem & Title Chain

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
I got this idea from Cav's poem, "A Spaniel's Ear is A Fractal in the Wind." I really like the title, and in critiquing it had lots of ideas for where it could go.

So my idea is this:

Start with a title (if I could use Cav's, that'd be great, but will wait for his go-ahead.) Write a poem to go with that title. Then, at the end of your post, list a title -- just a title -- in italics to set it apart. The next poster makes a poem from that title, and lists another new title. Etc. I think the more evocative the title, the better, but that's not a requiremement.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 979 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 10:12 am
This sounds great. I think it might be more fun to let others write something just based on the title, then suggest a new title for others to write a poem about. With your permission, as it is your thread, I propose this as the first title:

"Precipitation from a dream of Pound paraphrased by Michelangelo"
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 10:26 am
That's exactly the point, Cav. :-) Sorry if that wasn't clear. Let others write something based just on the title -- I was hoping to use "spaniel's ear" as the first, but wanted your permission before doing so. May I? (I tried to go ahead with the title you suggested here, but find it much less inspiring! :-))
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 10:31 am
sozobe wrote:
That's exactly the point, Cav. :-) Sorry if that wasn't clear. Let others write something based just on the title -- I was hoping to use "spaniel's ear" as the first, but wanted your permission before doing so. May I? (I tried to go ahead with the title you suggested here, but find it much less inspiring! :-))

As long as you don't publish it, okay. :wink: Also, you can just copy my title suggestion for the next poster, if that's fine.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 10:45 am
dog earing. <smile>
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 05:00 pm
Sounds like this could be a fun and interesting thread...am I supposed to write a poem from Letty's title?
0 Replies