izzythepush

Tue 8 Aug, 2017 07:46 am
@Lash,
I don't think Al Murray is known much your side of the pond. Other than his stand up he's best known for standing against Nigel Farage in the 2015 gen election.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 8 Aug, 2017 07:53 am
@Lash,
Re Littlefinger and Bran, if it was important I think Bran would have said something. Littlefinger is heading for a fall and I think it will happen without Bran needing to say anything, especially after Littlefinger's talk about anticipating every eventuality, too cocksure by far.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 03:46 am
Jon Snow interviews Jon Snow.

0 Replies

Lash

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 05:36 am
We were all squealing last night!!! I'll wait a day or so to comment!

The season just started, and already I'm worried about how many more episodes we have...
0 Replies

George

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 07:31 am
That dagger is getting a lot of air time.

"Annulment"?
"Ragger"?
Hoo boy!
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 14 Aug, 2017 08:57 am
I cannot believe this is the penultimate episode. I hope my daughter in law was just lying to me for my horrified facial expression...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 01:32 am
I won't let the fact that I was wrong about Bron not saving Jaime stop me making further pronouncements. Jaime noted Qyburn's presence in Cercei's chamber, and it was just passed off. if it wasn't important it wouldn't have been mentioned.

Qyburn has been very quiet, but he is the equivalent of the maester's Voldermort. What he's been doing with the mountain isn't a million miles from what the white walkers are doing. And in the promo trailers Cercei is often pictured with frosty breath.

Maybe they're just bringing out a new toothpaste, but Cersei's talked about alliance with the white walkers isn't quite as fantastic as it originally sounded.
Lash

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 05:43 am
Cersei reacted uncharacteristically calmly at Jaime's 'betrayal' (talking to his brother). Her hug and measured statement, "Don't betray me again" felt ominous.

How the **** is she pregnant at her age? And yuck.

Great scene when the dragon Danerys was riding approached Jon and seemed to recognize him.

I can't believe there'll be a meeting between Cersei and Danerys. (And Tyrian)

Where the hell is Yara, Euron?

Samwell will be headed to the wall with his stolen books! (Exciting)

It seems that Littlefinger knows quite well that Arya is spying on him, and in his desperate bid to turn the sisters against one another, he's made sure Arya found that horrific message she sent Winterfell that announces her father's treasonous behavior and execution. Arya will want to kill her. Littlefinger calculates Sansa will turn to him for counsel/ protection / comfort.

She wrote that message under threat of death. Doubtful Arya will forgive it no matter what explanation.

Another good outing.

0 Replies

Lash

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 05:47 am
@izzythepush,
We will all get things wrong occasionally. No worries.

I don't understand what you wrote here.

I thought Qyburn was just informing Cersei about the meeting between Jaime and Tyrian. I have no idea what Qyburn is doing on a mountain? Haven't seen anything related to that. Interesting idea, though, to try an alliance with the dead.

Don't know what she'd have to offer...
izzythepush

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:35 am
@Lash,
I think that if Qyburn was just informing Cersei there would be no point mentioning him. I think what he said was the reason Cersei was so phlegmatic about Jaime's meeting.

Sorry I meant the Mountain, this guy.

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/gameofthrones/images/c/cc/TheMountainMockingbird.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140519182710

Oberyn killed him, not straight away but with poison. The armoured creature at Cersei's side is undead, reanimated by Qyburn which is why I think Qyburn may believe he can deal with the white walkers.

Littlefinger definitely played Arya, and he is trying to set Arya and Sansa against each other. He may have some initial success but I think it will backfire, not least because Sansa knows how his mind works, and Bran also knows what's going on.
Lash

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
Fantastic!! I totally missed the Mountain shenanigans! Brilliant!

I'm a little disappointed with the writer re Arya. I thought attaining No One status, at the baseline, meant she was impervious to falling for set ups as transparent as Littlefinger's. I was disappointed when he was able to see her spying on him.

My family says Littlefinger is in his own category for shifty manipulation, so they get it. But, I labored for a couple of seasons with her training... I expected a bit more.

Great insight on the Mountain!
izzythepush

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:59 am
@Lash,
I don't know about Arya, perhaps after killing all the Freys and running rings around Brienne she was starting to get a bit Mary Sueish, so they decided to give her a few vulnerabilities.

I think something will go wrong north of the wall, and it could have been avoided had Jon spoken to Bran. It won't be a disaster, but a setback, but it will mean Jon using Bran as a resource.

I don't know about Sam. He could go to the wall, but he is now the heir to the Tarley castle. Doubtful if he knows that yet, but he will.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 15 Aug, 2017 09:40 am
Wild theory about Bran and white walkers. I don't buy it, but what do I know?

Quote:
The not-quite beloved character played by Isaac Hempstead-Wright had a muted reunion with his siblings in season seven, meeting both Arya and Sansa after years apart at Winterfell.
While he’s become an almost absent player in the Iron Throne race, having personally shaken off the ‘Stark’ name, it seems there could be a slightly wild reason for his ambivalence and it relates to the White Walkers.
Reddit user turm0il26 has made the strangely convincing argument that Bran could actually be the Night King, and you’re probably going to need a sit down.
The theory harks back to when Three Eyed-Raven Bran travels back in time and wargs himself into the man who later becomes the Night King, aiming to prevent the Children of the Forest from ever creating those pesky White Walkers.
As you’ll remember, the plan goes a little awry –with the Children of the Forest ignoring Bran’s protests and proceeding to stab the man with dragonglass while Bran is inside his body, causing him to later turn into the Night King. Was this the first step of his connection?
This scene however is reinforced by the White Walkers’ creation scene from season six episode The Door, where Bran is seen unusually tense as he observes from afar.
The theory pays particular attention to Bran’s position against the rock which directly mirrors the Night King’s position against the tree, with the direct eye-to-eye transition also possibly teasing a connection between them.
Still unconvinced? When Bran asked Leaf about the creation, he asked: ‘It was you? You made the White Walkers?’
Leaf replied: ‘We were at war. We were being slaughtered. Our sacred trees cut down. We needed to defend ourselves.’
Bran then asks: ‘From who?’
‘From you,’ Leaf mysteriously replies.
It’s certainly sort-of convincing, with Bran’s reoccurring connections to the Night King surely having more significance than the show is currently letting on.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/15/game-of-thrones-season-7-new-fan-theory-reckons-bran-stark-could-be-the-night-king-6854009/<br />
0 Replies

Lash

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:12 am
Glad an analyst has at least given voice to what I'd thought about the Littlefinger / Arya storyline.

http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-arya-faceless-men-littlefinger/

izzythepush

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 01:17 am
@Lash,
I think Sansa will be the one to suss out Littlefinger. With Arya they're still catching up on the bickering that was going on when they left. That was just before Sansa saw how awful Joffrey was and it was when Sansa was acting like Lady Muck whilst Arya had the common touch.

I still think Littlefinger thinks he can control Sansa, and he still lusts after her, and I think that will be his downfall not Arya. But what do I know? I was wrong about Bron.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:38 am
Not only does Arya have her faceless men training, she's also got a ******* Tardis.

http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/maisiewilliams.jpg
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 17 Aug, 2017 08:50 am
http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-jon-snows-wight-hunt-army-survival-rankings/

Which member of the wight-search party makes it back alive??

(Admittedly sophomoric silliness, but I have a fever, and the only medicine is more GOT sleuthing.)
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:28 pm
We all picked the same guy for the Who Dies Beyond Wall sweepstakes, so no money changed hands. This is the first episode that I doubt I'll watch again. I was really stressed during this one. Ridiculous but true.

I'm pissed that Jon will acquiesce to her knee demands.

Pissed that the writers allowed Arya to fall for Littlefinger's machinations.

Why would Arya practically show her whole hand to her sister? (broods)

Writers also seemed to be rushing pell mell to set up events with no consideration for logic. Wth would Sansa send Brienne to the meeting at Kings' Landing? Brienne? Is she even remotely qualified?

Heartbroken over a CG dragon.

Unsatisfied, stressed. Ugh.

The finale seems promising.

Kolyo

Mon 21 Aug, 2017 08:53 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Heartbroken over a CG dragon.

Yes. One of my three favorite characters on the whole damn show.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 21 Aug, 2017 09:19 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
Wth would Sansa send Brienne to the meeting at Kings' Landing? Brienne? Is she even remotely qualified?

Sansa wants Brienne out of the way.