Fri 14 Jul, 2017 10:36 pm
Hello...I started a new shift at my job the week before the 4th of July and it threw me off taking my birth control (slept through my bc alarms I had set for what would have been my "lunch" at work). It was the last week of my pack and I messed up taking three of them on time or in the day that they should have been taken and started bleeding earlier than normal. I waited my normal week and then started a new pack on time but I'm still having spotting randomly today after not having a "period" for just over a week. I know this sounds dumb, but did I really screw myself up for getting pregnant? I use to be on depo for years and this is MAYBE only my 4th pack since switching to oral bc. Should I stop taking them for the rest of this pack and give my body a chance to regulate? If so what are my chances of getting pregnant once I stop? 

Thanks for getting this far if you read the whole thing. I feel like a dunce.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,704 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed

jespah

Sat 15 Jul, 2017 05:11 am
@kisho657,
This is a really good question for the doctor who prescribed the birth control pills to you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Sat 15 Jul, 2017 01:28 pm
I would not stop from your usual schedule. Your body is just adjusting to this medication. Ask your Dr if you continue to spot when you arent supposed to.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Sat 15 Jul, 2017 01:42 pm
@kisho657,
Your chances of getting pregnant if you stop taking birth control are the same as any other person's. Make sure your partner (s) use a condom and it shouldn't be an issue while your body adjusts to the new medication AND the new work schedule (a major change to your sleep cycle can have all sorts of side effects including a false start to your period and irregular periods)
0 Replies