fbaezer

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:37 pm
Another surprise: 4 James Bond movies!
They believed the stuff!
Perhaps they still do.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:43 pm
Hey, edgar. When I was in middle school, it used to be a given that everyone skipped classes and went to see Gone With the Wind. We didn't particularly care about the movie, but we loved the delicious rebellion of things, especially when the administration looked the other way.

I read the Jungle books, and as a kid saw Sabu. Not too long ago I looked him up on the web. Sad life as I recall. As for the remake....NO GOOD!

Did you know that Boris Karloff read the Just So Stories? Just found that out among other things about the man.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:09 pm
The Disney live action remake of "The Jungle Book" was actually quite good but I could never resist the Sabu version, its gorgeous cinematography and great atmosphere.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:10 pm
fbaezer, You're not going to believe this, but I was just getting ready to say that I burned my chili con carne fooling around on A2K.

Was talking to the Wizard about "Man on Fire". It all took place in Mexico.

As for Bond, James Bond, his was a unique formula--kiss, kiss, bang bang. Then of course, there was Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull.

You just reminded me of Bungle in the Jungle.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 08:19 pm
Wizard, I can still see that cobra guarding the treasure. Rikki Tikki Tavi. My word. From England to Mexico to America To India via England to California to Florida and up North to Canada. All we need now is Gautam to complete the circle, and SCoates from Russia.

Fresco has already said Ta Ta, old bean, so I guess he's retreated to his little place in Manchester.
0 Replies