When is the best time to buy a computer?

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:36 pm
I'm looking at buying a new PC for my office. Nothing really, really expensive, but I'm wondering if I should just go and buy one at my convenience, or will computers be coming on sale during/after Christmas?

Do you think I should delay my purchase a few weeks, or just buy now?

Thanks,

General
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,215 • Replies: 4
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 07:30 pm
you can deal if you get a business rep\acct at Dell.com
if you are buying more than a couple and if they are not the barebones models - 5-7% off - I think they are very good prices anyway
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:06 am
If you can wait a few weeks, and there is no crucial reason to have a new computer right now, why not? There are always good deals to be had after Christmas. If your old 'puter is dying, do it now!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 07:49 am
If you're lookin' for the most bang for your buck, and you don't absolutely gotta have the latest bleeding edge technology, consider refurbished and/or close-out machines available on the websites of any of the major manufacturors/vendors websites. They're generally offered at a hefty discount and have the same software, warranty and tech support as their pricier and more current brethren. Just be sure to check the unit's specs and configuration to be certain it will do what you require of it - and then some. Its a snap to add more memory, but there are only so many drive bays and PCI expansion slots available in a given chassis/motherboard combo, and only as much power available as permitted by the installed power supply. Its a good idea to get a machine that can grow with your requirements, as opposed to one that can and will do only what you currently need.
0 Replies

Snowlock

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 12:58 pm
The best time would be 3-4 months before Christmas or a month after Christmas. During this time, the sales of computers 3-4 months before Christmas is usually at a low; therefore the chances of receiving a online rebate from the maufacturer is at a high. A month after Christmas, the manufacturer is trying to remove the older models.

Very much like buying a car, but not as extreme...
0 Replies