San Fermin, The Running of the Bulls

Reply Mon 10 Jul, 2017 03:03 pm
Sigh. I've been at two bullfights with famous matadors, one, El Cordobes, the other Dominguez, the first in Tijuana, the second in Mexico the City. I think I remember they were both in the later stages of their prowess, not sure. I'm not crazy about any of that, but I sort of understand it. Interestingly, a2k's JLNobody's wife was raised training young bulls in Mexico. Dys and Diane met her, liked her a lot, as well as JL. Me, I went with my group of friends to these two fights; I was squeamish but I could have said no and didn't. Still not sure I'm sorry a lot of decades later. There was a kind of majesty to it, or, if not majesty, drama.

So, given that background, me being all angry about San Fermin is out of place, while I still see it as using the animals in a hard way, though the Running is more fair to the bulls, if not the follow up fights. I read up a bit on wiki and know it the festival has other celebrations going on.
Long time culture, the history, has a lot to do with this.

And you? would you like to run with the bulls?
Oh, and I still eat meat.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 890 • Replies: 0
No top replies