"Black Strippers"

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:11 pm
A lawyer stole approximately $600,000 from the estates of his deceased clients. He squandered the money. He was prosecuted in federal court on federal fraud and tax evasion charges. At the sentencing hearing, the sentencing judge admonished the lawyer for tarnishing the legal profession.

Lawyer sentenced to more than three years for fraud

Quote:
[United States District Court Judge, Daniel] Hovland said he was bewildered that Wilkes would betray his clients' trust and damage the reputation of his profession to "spend a few nights in some sleazy no-tell motel with ... black strippers from Milwaukee."

"I don't think I've ever heard of anything so ridiculously stupid in my lifetime," Hovland said.

The lawyer squandered the money on women. Does the judge think his crime is MORE offensive to society because he squandered the money on "black strippers" from Milwaukee? Would it have been less ridiculous or less stupid if the women had been "white strippers?" The judge sounds racist . . . what do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,986 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:17 pm
Trying to think of a more substantial response than "ewwwwww".
That judge wouldn't last long here if that comment became public.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:23 pm
Quote:
Prosecutors said Wilkes stole more than $600,000 from the estates, and an investigation found that he squandered much of the money on cars, jewelry and airline tickets for at least six exotic dancers.
link

If this wasn't serious, I might ask, if Milwaukee is an exoctic place for someone in Bismarck.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:28 pm
A trip from Bismarck to Milwaukee's probably like a trip to Hamburg for someone from northern Finland.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 03:32 pm
Laplanders can be exocitic, but I doubt in Hamburg Laughing
0 Replies