LeBron makes a statement

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 09:10 am
Last night Lebron made sure Larry Brown knows why the US lost in the Olympics.

43pts while making the Detroit defense look like a HS team.

I hope his maturity and goodwill is contagious for the NBA's sake. It is sorely needed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 763 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2004 04:49 pm
the kid looks like the real deal...
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 26 Nov, 2004 01:24 pm
Re: LeBron makes a statement
CerealKiller wrote:
Last night Lebron made sure Larry Brown knows why the US lost in the Olympics.

43pts while making the Detroit defense look like a HS team.

I hope his maturity and goodwill is contagious for the NBA's sake. It is sorely needed.

I start with this:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Larry Brown knows how to coach.

The reason The US lost in Athens was because of the lack of shooters. Lebron did nothing but add to that lack of shooting, because he in fact, can't shoot.

But if Lebron can torch the defending Champs he can surely torch Argentina or Italy right? No. Lebron burned Detroit with his slashing and fast break dunks. I don't know if you know this, but in the Olympics there are different rules, and the court has different measurements. Lebron's slashing attempts would have been turnovers in International B-Ball. All he could have added is Fast Break Dunks, and that is nothing that Richard Jefferson and Shawn Marion didn't add.

Gotta look past the surface sometimes. 43 pretty points can be very deceiving.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 03:23 am
I never said Larry Brown doesn't know how to coach. But I think he would be the first to admit he didn't do a very good job coaching the Olympic team.

The trio of Jefferson-Marbury-Iverson played terrible together and created little offense for the other players...so by default alone LeBron-Carmelo-Wade should have gotten more playing time than they received. The team was clearly better when Jefferson and Marbury weren't in the game.

Before James left Athens,Greece, in August he swore to his closest confidants that he planned on sending a message to his Olympic coach the first chance he had. That was clearly a statement game from LeBron that night.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:37 pm
too bad a le bron can't get motivated like that for every game.
that's what made jordan stand alone -- he was motivated to kick everybodies ass, every single time he stepped on the court...
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:51 pm
I've caught several of his games so far this year and he's been very dominating. I think he and Dwayne Wade so far are playing better than anyone in the league.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 05:58 pm
Fellas, can't we all get along?

Here's what I think: LeBron is the youngest player to get 2,000 points, so let's not sell him short. His future is unlimited. As for the Olympics, I agree with Child; no one guy could have saved the U.S. team...
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2004 06:08 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Fellas, can't we all get along?

Here's what I think: LeBron is the youngest player to get 2,000 points, so let's not sell him short. His future is unlimited. As for the Olympics, I agree with Child; no one guy could have saved the U.S. team...

I agree with what he said about having some better shooters like Micheal Redd or Ray Allen on the team. It might have made a difference.

My complaint with Brown is his age discrimination issue he has against younger players...who are clearly better than the players he decided to give the lionshare of the minutes to at the Olympics. Why Marbury and Jefferson were on the team at all is a mystery to me.
0 Replies