My pologs

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 01:09 pm
Wow, another priceless OP, deleted by our Friendly Mgrs before even I could edit it. Had to do with Taki which I thot everyone might be vitally interested; and with other critical matters which I mustn't mention

So my most sincere I'm Sorries to countless A2k Participants who must have found my postings so despicable !

WG, where are you, I miss you so!

Edited to remark, Gee ! This'n got thru ! Been up ten or fifteen mins now ! But wonder what's the fundamental diff, no clue as yet
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,104 • Replies: 20
No top replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 01:50 pm
@dalehileman,
Golly Pete, an hour now. If I only knew what was so bad about that OP.....
It was informative, well-(I think) written and helpful to all 'em having the same sort of watering dilemma. No offense, no assonance, no alliteration

Recently however I heard from'em to the effect that abbrs are strictly prohib
Hence I'll try again, this time w/o abbrs

Thanks to all the rest of you fellas who put up w./me so...
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 01:57 pm
Hi, Dale. I hope you're well. Smile I almost miss your ramblings on my language threads. Almost.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 02:17 pm
@perennialloner,
Hi Peren, glad to hear from you. Almost.

Just kiddin, Loner. Wonder if you caught my OP b4 WHISK

My rewrite didn't make it either, I'm nonplussed. Maybe a software thin'. Wl try once more.... as follows:

Okay, I understand, no bad feelin's, supposedly my postings get too involved for ur average esl. But I wonder if you could return that last'n with the abbrs spelled out, as I might find another market for it. Again thank you for your patience. I had started another OP incidentally, in discussion of my deficiencies, and so I hope if I include this msg you won't delete

But if you do, it's okay, I'm flYour chatty pal
Dale

perennialloner

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 02:40 pm
@dalehileman,
I didn't catch it, sorry.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 02:50 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
sorry.

Not at all Peren. it's I who am sorry. I had just saved a PO apology to all the ESL's and Managmenters, for my many deviations from protocol but it too disappeared in just a few seconds. Again, if this'n survives, why thanks again all for a2k, the immense patience of all you fine non-TAT
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 03:07 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
didn't catch

@perenniallonr,
Hi perenniallonr, glad to hear from you. Almost.

Just kiddin, Loner. I was making a joke, a pun. I evidently don't make very good ones

Wonder if you caught my OP b4 WHISK: I was wondering whether you might have read any of my recent Original Postings before their being WHISKED (blown) off

My rewrite of the Taki OP (I had saved it, rewrote it to eliminate abbreviations) didn't make it (that is, to the a2k OP page as a permanent(or semi-perm posting) either, I'm nonplussed (confused, uncertain). Maybe a software thing (that is, the deletion of all my OP's as caused by software glitch over which Mgmt doesn't apparently have much control.) Sorry about that.. Wl try once more.... as follows:

Okay, Management (Mgmt) I understand, (that is, the rejection of Mgmt) no bad feelings, (That is, please don't harbor a grudge) supposedly my postings (OP's etc) get too involved (complicated, drawn-out) for ur average ESL (English as a Second Language). But I wonder if you could return that last one (OP) with the abbreviations spelled out, as I might find another market for it (That is, another Chat Room. Loner, might you help?). Again thank you for your patience. I had started another OP incidentally, in discussion of my deficiencies, and so I hope if I include this message you won't delete it too

But if you do, it's okay, I'm Your chatty pal, actually very easy to get along with
Dale
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 03:30 pm
@dalehileman,
It has just occurred to me, friend Peren, that my OP's are often rejected because they're OP's. I guess if an OP isn't quite up to snuff in any way atall (even if I rewrite the whole message), then Mgmt removes it. Well, as I said, okay, I understand (sorta). So maybe I should post it here, where it will go largely unnoticed. Alas

Note to Opinion Editors of Victorville, Ca Daily Press: As I had suggested in earlier Letter to the Editor, my suggestions might often seem trivial to most readers. However I think this one, if not adopted by its makers, will greatly benefit owners of a certain water timer, the mechanically-inclined or inventive ones anyway. [This being in line with an earlier letter in which I had encouraged, in addition to all the politics and religion, my occasional trivia valuable to the homeowner.]

[So, Open Letter to correspondent for 'Engineers' at a particular firm (remaining nameless, in order to protect the guilty) making a an excellent water timer except for one troublesome design defect:]

Steve, recently after my 14th failure of the solenoid-valve assembly in my dozen or so units of that water timer [scattered around the property], excellent in every other respect, I have discovered (at long last) instead of the thread-wrap a much easier and perhaps more reliable solution to the leakage problem. The designers' mode of seal of course is where the solenoid assy meets the valve, around the periphery of that clever rubber flapper disk; which however suffers from a sort of incompressibility that makes for a leak when the screw-mating loosens as a result of heat; water-pressure surges; disturbance by cat, dog or clumsy gardener (me); or just plain relaxation of the materials constituting the mating of these two major assy's.

Your 'Engineers' will eventually find a way better suited to the production line but my quick and easy fix is simply to unscrew the valve from the solenoid and sand the mating edge about 0.01" so when it's reassembled the edge of the flapper disk is squeezed tighter between. Another quick approach that pops to mind and might work as well would be a soft rubber O-ring or washer, which would better tolerate environmental factors.

I hope I haven't offended anyone by placing the word in quotes, and if the reason they haven't yet approached the problem is that I wasn't clear in my earlier suggestions, then I apologize most profusely.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley

[Note to Ed.'s: Really, it's genuine. If you wish, you could send over an Ed. for a quick visit, when I would demonstrate the defect, and tne various means I have suggested for its repair or prevention. in over a dozen units that had failed on its account. In other respects it's a fine unit, easy to program, easy on batteries (owing indirectly to the clever design of that flapper valve, a bit of credit to their 'Engineers,'), reliable and and long-lasting, except for that one problem….]]

Oh a2k Mgrs, if you can leave this'n I'd be much obliged since occasionally I get a response from this sort of stuff, makes a2k more fun
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 03:43 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't catch it, sorry.
Sorry myself, Peren. At 86 with Alzie's I had somehow mailed that last'n to myself. If it's still there, why it's especially for you, a spelled-out version of my usual pastings
dalehileman

Reply Tue 27 Jun, 2017 07:40 pm
@dalehileman,
So far so good, Nial,. Mebbe this time I guessed right
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 11:20 am
@perennialloner,
Hey Renn, next day and it's still there. Mebbe we've discovered somethin'

But do lemme know if I use too many abbrs
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 28 Jun, 2017 04:31 pm
@perennialloner,
Wow Ali today the Daily Press ran my water-timer piece
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 29 Jun, 2017 03:06 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't
It's okay Peren. So to test my latest theory, I submitted another Let to the Ed, but this time as a 'reply' to an explanative OP. However, it got deleted almost immediately. Now I'm more puzzled than ever...

Whaddaya think, Loner
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 05:54 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't
Well, the last one--somethin' to do w/ab brs--lasted a couple hors b4 they deleted it. And I thought I had met almost all the Mgrs criteria

...still baffled by it all....but hopeful
0 Replies

dalehileman

@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't
Well, the last one--somethin' to do w/ab brs--lasted a couple hors b4 they deleted it. And I thought I had met almost all the Mgrs criteria

0 Replies

dalehileman

@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 30 Jun, 2017 05:55 pm
@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't

0 Replies

dalehileman

@perennialloner,
Quote:
I didn't

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Jul, 2017 11:07 am
@perennialloner,
Quote:
didn't catch
Sorry for those 5 identical postings Peren. It's all in the software I guess
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 17 Jul, 2017 04:36 pm
@perennialloner,
Wow Peren, here's one

https://able2know.org/topic/399322-1

...that has persisted almost two full days ! I must have learned how, but I don't know how
0 Replies