See here, ev'b'dy

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 01:01 pm
https://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-the-best-way-to-match-a-bful-homely-bride-with-a-hsom-wstld-groom-1510513260

So I' not 'lone !! t's the comin' thing !!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 763 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 01:54 pm
@dalehileman,
Unless you are residing in India where the abbreviations in that article are standard for locating prospective brides for grooms and grooms for brides, you are still alone in your incessant behavior.

Occasionally abbreviating is fine. If you are placing an ad in the classified, by all means go for it; since, there is a charge for each additional line of text (in some publications per word or per letter). Other than that, it becomes nearly useless garble.

You would perhaps have increased viewing and responses to many of your posts if you just knuckled down and fully spelled the word in its entirety.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 04:01 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
incessant behavior...useless garble
Yea, Stur, 's'awful, I know. In fact, 't bothered me so much I promised this morning in another OP to stoppit !!
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 01:03 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
if you just knuckled down

'So I' not 'lone !! t's the comin' thing !! ='
Therefore, judging from the content of the [above] link, I am not alone in my use of abbreviations and silly punctuation
0 Replies