writing ( 36 )

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:35 pm
It had been a while since I last went to a barber for a haircut.My mother was a firm believer in home haircut, and she loved to cut our hairs.Actually, she wasn't all that bad.My father would do the job though when she wasn't available.I liked to get my hair cut, because I believed in personal appearrance, unlike my two brothers.Once, during the Summer months, my father buzzed our hair to the skin, knowing it was hot.

I hated myself being bald.I always put on a hat when I looked at the mirror.In fact, I never took it off, unless I was in shower.It helped me alot getting over it.I put that hat religiously being eleven.I never saw my head except at the time of cutting.

In one Summer, my father was out in a trip.My brother asked my mother if we were going to have our hair buzzed out like usual.She said, " no, not this time.I love the hair being normal, it is more attractive".

This usually meant a crewcut, and I like crewcuts.I was outside with some friends, and my mother cut my brothers' hairs while I was gone.When I came home, I asked her if she could cut my hair, but she said no.She told me that she was going out that door." you can give yourself a good haircut, you have the clippers on the top of the closet", she said and went away.

I didn't know how to do this by myself, and even don't know how to turn the clippers on!.I started to look for the attachment, but I couldn't find them.So, I called my brother cell phone.He was 16, and propably knew something about this.He said that he didn't know them.I asked about wether my mother gave them the crewcut, and he said no.He told me to buzz my hair,and I told him no way.He said that my father called and told them that he wanted our hair to be buzzed out.So, my mother did it anyway.

"It's okay if you say so", I said.So, I took the clippers to the bathroom, and plugged them on.I turned them on.The sound of buzzing was terrifing, so I turned them off at once.I told myself," what I am doing. I couldn't do this alone".It was the first time I wanted my father to be here helping me out.I was about to drop everything, but I thought of my father and how stern he was.Then, I thought of the troubles that could happen between my father and my mother.So, I went to my room and took my towel.I came back to the bathroom with my towel pinned around my neck.I turned the clippers on and started with my head sides, and my hair began to fall.I stopped, and touched my sandpaper.Then, continued from the back .When I came to the bass of my head,I was about to cry.Actually I did a bit, when the hair started to fall everywhere.When I finished , I stood there in front of the mirror.What I had done to myself.I took the towel and rubbed my head.I sat there, sobbing when the door opened.She was my mother.When she saw me, she yelled at me.She was mad because I didn't have the crewcut, but when I told her about my brother , she was even more mad.He was lying , my father didn't call at all...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 468 • Replies: 0
No top replies