Can people collecting soda cans be banned from certain neighborhoods

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 10:12 pm
The guy yelled at me today and told me "this is a family neighborhood. We dont want you people here". About half of the time Im in a nicer neighborhood people give me looks compared to junky ones. He dont wqnt me to ever come back to his neighborhood or else. His neighbor left me two bags of cans though.

D45ist

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 05:32 am
@singlesucks13,
Besides taking away the income of the homeless, have you also noticed that we have more litter now that govts took recycling over? Of course if recycling wasn't profitable they wouldn't have bothered.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 05:46 am
@singlesucks13,
I'm not aware that you could be banned from a neighborhood. Like anything there are mean people and nice people - you just described both.

One way you could minimize people being rude and mean is to make sure you are not making noise while collecting. Try to be as clean about it and as quick as possible. If it is hard to get at the cans without ripping bags and making a mess or noise - leave that house alone. I think many people get angry because of the noise or mess as a result. Maybe you could even leave a note thanking him.

Like the one neighbor would put out two bags with the cans in it - that is smart on his side - he is helping someone else out, while ensuring there would be no noise or mess in front of his house. My mom does that (we don't have trash pick up where I live so it isn't an issue).
0 Replies

seac

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 10:54 am
@singlesucks13,
It sometimes becomes a privacy issue. Some people do not want others to search through their garbage. There may be all sorts of letters and personal stuff in the trash.
Linkat

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:39 am
@seac,
That is why you should always shred anything you would not read - banks often times hold "free shredding" days so that you can shred any personal papers especially those that have account numbers or social security numbers on it.

I wouldn't throw anything away that had personal information on it and I have to bring my trash to the dump.
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 03:59 pm
@seac,
Quote:
It sometimes becomes a privacy issue. Some people do not want others to search through their garbage. There may be all sorts of letters and personal stuff in the trash.

That's why the cops look through it. A lot of search warrants, especially for drugs, have resulted from what it referred to as garbage pulls.
0 Replies

kk4mds

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 04:01 pm
@singlesucks13,
You cannot be banned from public right of way.
singlesucks13

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 08:27 pm
@kk4mds,
I hate how this one guy thinks he has the power to ban me from a whole street.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 08:40 pm
@singlesucks13,
I'm probably f0r can pickup by anybody.

re singlesucks, I dunno. Might depend on city rules.

I'm having a memory lapse, re a person, I think in England, doing a lot of cleanup as he made his way. Anyone else remember?
0 Replies