Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:25 pm
@TheCobbler,
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
http://www.thinctanc.co.uk/words/comedy.html
Quote:
What is comedy and what makes something funny?

One thing worth noting is that when analysing comedy and what is funny, it is almost like it is only visible out of the corner of your eye. As soon as you try and look directly at it and analyse it too much... all of the funniness disappears...

0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm
The problem with the news media is it takes bullshit way too seriously. Comedians don't, and that's become their secret weapon in covering Trump while actually informing people.
https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/videos/674048392782766/

Those on the left use satire to expose lies and those on the right use satire to cover lies. TC
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 07:30 pm
@TheCobbler,
The freezing homeless child video definitely moved me. Especially when the homeless man tried to help and give support to the freezing homeless boy. It was quite sad that so many people totally ignored the boy.

The other experiment video with the woman being manhandled by the violent man and no one stop to help. That was interesting. It makes you wonder why no one stopped to help the woman. I suspect that some of the people passing by might have feared their own safety if they were to confront the man who was being violent to the woman. Just a thought.

There are many of these social experiment videos. In fact there was a television show built on that concept. I believe it use to air own ABC. There are probably reruns on some cable channels. The name of the tv show was called "What Would You Do?" If you google youtube videos for "What Would You Do", you will find many of these social experiment videos. There are actors playing their parts just to see how people would react to specific situations. Some people chose to be helpful and some people chose to not get involved. You might find this tv show interesting.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 07:56 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Glenn, I would have probably laughed at that one as well. Peter Griffin's voice helps make even horrific things funny. I think part of laughing at something that heinous is the shock of hearing it, not that you think rape or abortion is funny. We laugh at the unexpected.

Thanks. Another scene from Family Guy that made me laugh was when Peter was in an elevator with just one other person. The other man's eyes suddenly open wider (Peter had silently passed gas). After a few seconds, Peter turns to the other man and says, "It was you."

Yeah, the unexpected.
TomTomBinks

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm
@Glennn,
I also noticed that young men laugh at horrific things to make themselves seem "tough"
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:01 am
Steve Harvey to Flint Man: ‘Enjoy Your Nice Brown Glass of Water’
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/steve-harvey-to-flint-man-%E2%80%98enjoy-your-nice-brown-glass-of-water%E2%80%99/ar-BBCKbwr?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartandhp

I'm sure Flint residents were laughing hysterically about this one... (cynical)
TheCobbler

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:18 am
@TheCobbler,
Izzy the pus wad votes me down again.
Krumple

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:33 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Izzy the pus wad votes me down again.

It's actually a compliment. So you don't think like Izzy, THAT is ALWAYS a good thing.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:08 pm
@TheCobbler,
Teens Harrass And Humiliate the Homeless | What Would You Do?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:14 pm
@TheCobbler,
Customer Abuses Employee with Down Syndrome | What Would You Do?
TheCobbler

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:59 am
@Real Music,
That was a touching program, made me emotional in a good way.

I would rather feel that emotion in the positive than laugh in the negative.

Thanks for sharing.
0 Replies

bazilla

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
The behavior that evolved into the phenomenon we now call laughter may well by 50 million years old.

https://sites.google.com/site/basilhughhall/humor-displacement-activities-and-constrictor-snakes-2-1
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:43 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20993970_1776810599000513_8654123066196095917_n.jpg?oh=cc6be3115c723e0fabb3fd68951969f2&oe=5A3995F0
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2017 12:59 am
Funny or not?
https://www.facebook.com/Laughoftheday24/videos/1513052382118225/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2017 01:28 am
@bazilla,
Interesting article, I like how it ties laughter and yawning as opposed or linked responses.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 03:29 am
@TheCobbler,
Well you sound self righteous to me, with a sense of moral superiority and probably a history of social interactions where ppl have said your sense of humour is lacking...hence when your brain fires it tries to explain away why you fail at humour such that you came up with this talk. It is a common cliché resorting to the "there is suffering" argument! Maybe your brain wants to believe humour is a bad thing to have as a skill...
I think I've figured you out!
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 04:12 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I appreciate your reply Fil.

Any close friend of mine knows I have a huge sense of humor but not to an annoying degree where I need to turn every statement someone says into some sort of pun.

This laughter thread was started because of a lesson I learned when I was quite young.

My parents bought us kids a jungle gym and had it fixed in the backyard.

My sister had just learned for the first time how to hang upside down on the jungle gym, her best friend and I were coming down the hill towards the jungle gym when my sister hanging upside down said, "look what I can do!".

Then her legs let go and she fell and landed on her head and made the weirdest sound. Her best friend and I dropped to our knees laughing hysterically because it looked so funny.

She got up crying, both because she was hurt and because the two people she valued most in her life laughed when she fell...

THIS taught me that not everything that seems funny is funny.

Later in life I have carried this lesson in the forefront of my mind. I have found that I have been there for people who have genuinely need my help.

Call me a prude but not everything that seems funny is funny.

I laugh a lot every day, my friends can all attest to that. I sometimes laugh so hard it is physically painful.

But I did not laugh when my friend fell headfirst down the steps and hit his head on the door. I was about to close the door to my apartment and I heard this bang on the door downstairs. I ran down the stairs to help him, he got right up as if nothing had happened and said I am fine... then I laughed like hell. Smile

I was wondering if the door was okay...

Delaying laughter is often the best strategy.

I can still replay that sound of his head hitting the door in my mind and it makes me laugh. Not because I do not love him but because, like most people, my sense of humor may be irreparable warped.
TheCobbler

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 07:42 pm
Funny or not? Smile
https://www.facebook.com/100015355807142/videos/292859967902528/
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Tue 5 Dec, 2017 07:46 am
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15542235_10154781949899378_3838955760515459768_n.jpg?oh=170b364fe996bac0b6316fe338bf82f4&oe=5A995A75

I was afraid this might happen...