Real Music

1  
Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:25 pm
@TheCobbler,

Real Music

1  
Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:34 pm
http://www.thinctanc.co.uk/words/comedy.html
What is comedy and what makes something funny?

One thing worth noting is that when analysing comedy and what is funny, it is almost like it is only visible out of the corner of your eye. As soon as you try and look directly at it and analyse it too much... all of the funniness disappears...

TheCobbler

0  
Reply Tue 13 Jun, 2017 10:46 pm
The problem with the news media is it takes bullshit way too seriously. Comedians don't, and that's become their secret weapon in covering Trump while actually informing people.
https://www.facebook.com/ezraklein/videos/674048392782766/

Those on the left use satire to expose lies and those on the right use satire to cover lies. TC

Real Music

2  
Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 07:30 pm
@TheCobbler,
The freezing homeless child video definitely moved me. Especially when the homeless man tried to help and give support to the freezing homeless boy. It was quite sad that so many people totally ignored the boy.

The other experiment video with the woman being manhandled by the violent man and no one stop to help. That was interesting. It makes you wonder why no one stopped to help the woman. I suspect that some of the people passing by might have feared their own safety if they were to confront the man who was being violent to the woman. Just a thought.

There are many of these social experiment videos. In fact there was a television show built on that concept. I believe it use to air own ABC. There are probably reruns on some cable channels. The name of the tv show was called "What Would You Do?" If you google youtube videos for "What Would You Do", you will find many of these social experiment videos. There are actors playing their parts just to see how people would react to specific situations. Some people chose to be helpful and some people chose to not get involved. You might find this tv show interesting.

Glennn

1  
Reply Wed 14 Jun, 2017 07:56 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Glenn, I would have probably laughed at that one as well. Peter Griffin's voice helps make even horrific things funny. I think part of laughing at something that heinous is the shock of hearing it, not that you think rape or abortion is funny. We laugh at the unexpected.

Thanks. Another scene from Family Guy that made me laugh was when Peter was in an elevator with just one other person. The other man's eyes suddenly open wider (Peter had silently passed gas). After a few seconds, Peter turns to the other man and says, "It was you."

Yeah, the unexpected.
TomTomBinks

2  
Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm
@Glennn,
I also noticed that young men laugh at horrific things to make themselves seem "tough"

TheCobbler

0  
Reply Fri 16 Jun, 2017 05:01 am
Steve Harvey to Flint Man: ‘Enjoy Your Nice Brown Glass of Water’
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/steve-harvey-to-flint-man-%E2%80%98enjoy-your-nice-brown-glass-of-water%E2%80%99/ar-BBCKbwr?li=AA2qN5v&ocid=spartandhp

I'm sure Flint residents were laughing hysterically about this one... (cynical)
TheCobbler

0  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:18 am
@TheCobbler,
Izzy the pus wad votes me down again.
Krumple

1  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 12:33 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

Izzy the pus wad votes me down again.

It's actually a compliment. So you don't think like Izzy, THAT is ALWAYS a good thing.

Real Music

2  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:08 pm
@TheCobbler,
Teens Harrass And Humiliate the Homeless | What Would You Do?

Real Music

2  
Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:14 pm
@TheCobbler,
Customer Abuses Employee with Down Syndrome | What Would You Do?
TheCobbler

1  
Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 12:59 am
@Real Music,
That was a touching program, made me emotional in a good way.

I would rather feel that emotion in the positive than laugh in the negative.

Thanks for sharing.

bazilla

2  
Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2017 07:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
The behavior that evolved into the phenomenon we now call laughter may well by 50 million years old.

https://sites.google.com/site/basilhughhall/humor-displacement-activities-and-constrictor-snakes-2-1

TheCobbler

1  
Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:43 am
https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20993970_1776810599000513_8654123066196095917_n.jpg?oh=cc6be3115c723e0fabb3fd68951969f2&oe=5A3995F0