Anyone else not into 'typical' nights out??

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 11:20 am
The whole clubbing/bar hopping nights out just don't appeal to me (I'm 20 year old male btw). Most of the time the emphasis is on drinking with the whole 'pre-drinks' now and the constant pressure to drink. I've had a few friends turn on me because I'm not into this whole culture.

I have nothing against anyone who does enjoy these nights out but its very rare to find anyone that isn't (or someone who doesn't give you a hard time about it).

I much prefer nights out like a nice meal, drink in the pub, cinema, bowling etc. Or a nice relaxed night in with a film. I think there's too much pressure on people these days to go out clubbing and bar hopping as its the 'normal thing to do'.

Anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

jespah

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 12:41 pm
@AllProAzza,
Of course. Plenty of people do. As you and your peer group get older, the percentage of people who are not into just drinking and drinking for entertainment will start to really drop.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 27 May, 2017 07:16 pm
@AllProAzza,
I was never into it in my teens, twenties, and now late into my thirties.

If it isn't your scene your friends should respect it and not pressure you or you should find a new set of friends. My best advice: don't ever (ever) do anything you don't want to do. You are in charge of yourself and your own actions.
AllProAzza

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 01:50 am
@tibbleinparadise,
I agree!! The problem is finding others in your age group who are the same. When I was in uni (I dropped out for other reasons) it's literally all anyone did or talked about, making decent conversation become very dull...

I'm not the biggest drinker in the world, but I'm not against alcohol. I just want to do things that don't have much emphasis on drinking where you can chat and have a laugh with your mates and do activities that you can bond over.
jespah

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 07:56 am
@AllProAzza,
Then suggest some! One might be something athletic. No guarantee that people won't get a beer or more afterwards, but if you and your pals run a 5K or go whitewater rafting or rock climbing, etc., you are probably not going to be able to drink anyway.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:02 am
@AllProAzza,
Are there local meet-up groups you can join where people are doing activities you do enjoy?
AllProAzza

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:25 am
@ehBeth,
There is, but I think its more the things I do with my friends as they go out most weekends to bars and clubs etc.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 11:27 am
@AllProAzza,
You'll meet new people with other interests through meet-up.

Your friends can continue to enjoy their clubbing and drinking. They're not going to change because you're not interested in clubbing/drinking.

All of you can be happy with your activities that way.
0 Replies

Saberta

Reply Sat 3 Jun, 2017 10:18 am
I'm not that much into alcohol and when I drink I'm always by myself, so I guess it's a "yes".
I'd rather bond with people exploring similar interests; social drinking would not allow me to do this quite often
0 Replies