Have you ever had a dream/nightmare that came true?

alltop

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 06:56 am
Some of them happened more similar to the dream than others, but the same bas ic thing happened. Once I dreamt that I was sitting in a math class with a certain teacher. Then later, I literally found myself sitting in that same math class, same teacher, same seat even!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 3,976 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 07:04 am
@alltop,
Consider that you are in school, and there's just one teacher and a limited # of seats, well, this isn't so much a dream coming true as it is your subconscious grabbing a rather common memory from the millions stuffed into your head. This goes along with all dreams about brushing your teeth, walking, eating dinner and commuting.
farmerman

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:49 am
@jespah,
I still have dreams of missing a test. This happened to me once and I almost freaked because it was in a class that , while not my majpr, was a "gut" course that I had no interest and was taught by a guy who hated the guts of all science majors. I would meet thias guy all over in my dream and then hed stop by my apartment to tell me to my face that I flunked his course and would lose any funding. MWAH HA HA HAAA. Ive had that dream several times in my later life. It not a prophetic dream but a retrospective one that , I filled in with the fake consequences . It made for a story in my college alumni newsletter and I got a whole lot of responses from people who I never even heard of who had the similar dream of missing a test or a deadline or otherwise flunking out because of some single event .

Now , having dug this memory out of the recesses, Ill probly redream it soon.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:55 am
@alltop,
I did. When I was a teenager I had a very vivid dream that the love of my life would have certain initials -- I'll say B.R. I wrote it down in my journal at the time.

When I was in my early 20's I lived in a housing co-op, and somehow this dream came up and I told a good friend and housemate about it. When new people applied to live in the house, their applications were pinned on a board for all to see. One day my friend dragged me over and said "Look, this guy who has applied has the initials B.R.!" I was like, right. For one, I didn't put any particular store by it, and for another, I had a strict policy of not dating any housemates.

Well, B.R. turned out to be a great guy who got past my objections to dating housemates, and nearly 20 years on, we're still together.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 09:24 am
@sozobe,
Wow!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 09:26 am
I can only think of one nightmare that came true. I knew I was going to be meeting my girlfriend-at-the-time's mother, who owned a capuchin monkey. Awake I had no fear of this encounter, but in a dream the monkey attacked my face.

Here is what happened when at last we did meet: http://able2know.org/topic/28270-1
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 09:31 am
@sozobe,
Yeah, that is crazy!

But not too crazy. I have had several oddly prophetic dreams over my lifetime as well, but the best example of it are my lottery dreams. Every now and then I will wake up in the morning, and the first thing that I think is: 'Go Buy a Lottery Ticket. Now.'

Well, my subconscious is powerful and mysterious, and who am I to argue with it? So I always go buy tickets on those days, and I've always won - though never anything more than a thousand dollars or so. I'm hoping one morning, soon... the big one.

It's a little crazy, because I NEVER buy lottery tickets on any other days, ever.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

manored

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 10:07 am
I cant say I have. I hardly remember my dreams, and then I do they are too chaotic and nosensical to possibly have any meaning.

I do believe that the subconscient has strange abilities though, like possibly calculating the future.
0 Replies