Amazon Delivery On Sunday?

Miller

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:36 am
Do you believe Amazon delivers on Sundays at 8 PM?

Why won't they make early Sunday morning runs, instead of waiting till late in the evening?

chai2

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:38 am
@Miller,
Have you asked them?

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 11:50 am
I never asked them. However, when you track your order, there's a note that says, delivery will be by 8 PM.
chai2

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 12:36 pm
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

I never asked them..

Well then, there you go. Perhaps you should since they would more likely have the answer.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 03:14 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
...by 8 PM...

In other words, your delivery will arrive by 8:00 in the evening. It could arrive earlier, in fact quite a bit earlier if you place the order at an earlier time and if their delivery schedule is set with other orders in the area or if there are relatively few orders which have been placed.
contrex

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 04:04 pm
The difference between 'at 8 PM ' and 'by 8PM' - kind of crucial.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2016 07:02 pm
Good points guys. Hadn't thought of that.

Sometimes I'll track a UPS or FedEx package coming to my house, and it always just gives the date and says "out for delivery" They won't commit to a specific time, even within hours.

But what I can say is that the packages almost always arrive after 5pm, sometimes as late as 9pm.

That's because their priority is delivering to businesses, and residential get's delivered afterwards. Business/offices generally close by 5pm, so that's more urgent.

When I was working, like many people I got to be on good terms with my UPS and FedEx drivers. You know, most of them are really nice. Anyway, sometimes they would call my office and ask if anyone would be there after 5 or 5:30pm.
My boss always came to work late, and stayed into the evening, so she was there until 7pm or later.
They always appreciated it when they could put us, or other business with people staying late, at the tail end. They are busy bees.

When the weather cools down, I enjoy walking through the neighbor and seeing and hearing various delivery trucks like this zipping around and making their home deliveries Lots of deliveries in my neighborhood. It's always a happy thing to me. I mean, who doesn't like getting a package?

Yay! the UPS guy/gal is here! I got my swim fins, tea, glutamine, flea drops!
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:44 am
It would be crazy if Amazon delivered everywhere at 8 PM, as opposed to by 8 PM. Just imagine the drivers... for each delivery - 7:50 parked up ready... 7:55 ready... 7:59 steady... 7:59:59... go, boys, go! You'd need a lot more vans and drivers.
Miller

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 07:35 am
@Sturgis,
I think that 8 PM on a Sunday evening is too late. Moreover, who wants to wait around all day ( till 8 PM) for a package to arrive safely...

I don't.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 07:44 am
@contrex,
Why not think about the issue of a safe delivery. If no one is home, the package is either not delivered, or it's left on the front porch.

Sundays, especially in the Summer are months for folks to leave home, go to baseball games, cook-outs, or even some of the pre-season football games.

Most Americans don't like to sit at home waiting on a Sunday for the Amazon guy to deliver sometime. FE and UPS do not deliver on Sat or Sunday in my town. Packages are delivered on Sat and Sun by USPS and delivery on both days takes place prior to 12 PM.

That makes a far more sense than Amazon's delivery practice on Sunday.
( As far as I'm concerned. However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.)
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2016 01:39 pm
First off Miller, Amazon does not make deliveries.

Have you ever seen a truck driving around saying Amazon on it?

The deliveries are made by UPS, FedEx and other carriers.

Why don't you call them up and ask them about their delivery policies?

It's like you don't have a concept that there are X amount of trucks and drivers, and Y amount of days and times they can make deliveries.

I mean, you are aware that you're not the only person getting packages, right? And that delivery services aren't able to hire unlimited drivers and have unlimited trucks so that everyone (but in particular you) get your package in the time frame that's convenient for you.

Yeah, if you're not home, they leave the package, so what? I come home and find packages all the time. Never been one stolen.

You had a choice of schlepping around and looking for the product and buying it yourself. You choice to get the benefit of front door delivery, perhaps a cheaper price, a brand you prefer, etc.

And don't start in with "they should have better delivery practices" Someone could I'm sure say the same about your job when they ask you for something, and you know it's impossible to guarantee, or even provide what they want.

So, what? Your Rocket Rabbit didn't arrive on time?
Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:17 am
@chai2,
Quote:
Have you ever seen a truck driving around saying Amazon on it

All the time, in my part of Massachusetts, Amazon delivers via small white trucks, that says AMAZON on the side.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:19 am
@chai2,
Quote:
The deliveries are made by UPS, FedEx

Not on Sat, or Sun.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 09:24 am
Quote:
Yeah, if you're not home, they leave the package, so what?

So what? The probability is excellent, it'll be stolen. That's what....
Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 12:41 pm
@Miller,
You're just never happy, are you? Pessimism is not always a good thing, try looking at the idea that there is home delivery instead of nitpicking at anything and everything that you feel is wrong.
chai2

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 02:17 pm
@Sturgis,
Right Sturgis? What entitlement.

Miller, I've never had a package stolen in my life. Too bad you live in a high crime area.

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:51 pm
My delivery arrived Sunday at 6:30 PM by Amazon. The driver arrived in a white van/truck and brought the package directly to me.

0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:55 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Miller, I've never had a package stolen in my life. Too bad you live in a high crime area.

I live in a solid upper middle class town. The rate of crime is not high and for your information, thieves always attack the wealthy .
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2016 08:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Try to avoid posting on my threads. If you're constipated buy a copy of the New York Post, sit in the John and have a real good time.

And by the way, I'm always happy, except when you're around.

Sturgis

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2016 09:24 am
@Miller,
Quote:
. Try to avoid...

...around.

Yeah. Here's the way it goes- I post where I choose to, as this is an open forum where I have been afforded this right. If you don't like it or are unhappy about it, too bad.

If I see a topic of interest to me, I tend to read it and if I feel like responding, I do. Live with it!

0 Replies