What kind of RPG player are you?

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:10 am
I like to take things slow, and be prepared for the big battles. I don't see much point in questing if you are not a high enough level. Some players like to rush into battles too early, and then die. It might be fun, but it's annoying if playing in party. This seems to be true of all RPGs online, so I'm not referring to a specific game. So, how do you play your RPGs?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,071 • Replies: 22
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:19 pm
Well, in morrowind, I wanted a clever character, not a super strong or magically inclined one. I was a little elf and developed my stealth to it's full extent. I am good in a fight, especially when I sneak up on the poor unsuspecting creatures.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:20 pm
Ahh, I have a friend who is huge on stealth and stealth games.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 07:22 pm
I've crossed continents on tip toe.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 11:41 pm
i do a little mix up, i like strenght and i like powers... you kinda fine tune it... i like a goo balance of the power and the mystic
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 18 Nov, 2004 11:10 am
If it's in a dungeon, kill it. Don't talk to it, don't avoid it, kill it.
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:05 pm
I seek out those hour long boss battles. You know, like Ruby Weapon and Ultima Weapon (FF), any Final Boss!! Teetering on the edge of failure and annihilation after 45 minutes of defensive and offensive strategies is more rewarding than any other aspect of RPGing!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:12 pm
I'm currently finishing up Laxius Power I and starting Laxius Power II, maybe some of the best freeware RPGs out there, in the old-school 16-bit style. The boss battles are fun indeed.
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:39 pm
Where did you get it from? I wanna play!!!!!!
0 Replies

dauer

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:25 pm
When I play an RPG I like to do everything and take my time. I also like to build up to be ready for big bosses. And when I'm in a dungeon, I like to fight everything. But I don't like when I'm overwhelmed with random battles.
0 Replies

MikoNoNyte

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 08:27 pm
Random battles are my bane: I hate them! I usually go slowly, preparing my party as best I can. I don't go much for rare items etc. Re: Bosses, I just finished Shadow hearts Covenant prepped for the battle of all battles and ended it in 5 minutes. What's up with that? I like a challenge, but I don't want the victory handed to me. I think the best boss I ever fought was Ultimicia... that fight took me months to prep for (at one hour play a day, mind you) and was 45 minutes of entertainment.

I love mazes, so any dungeon that's a maze is terrific!
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:08 pm
Yea,I mixed it up with Ultima Weapon last nite in FF8 for a full hour.It was great!! But you're right about SH2,that last fight was for show only.Very disappointing.It is still the best game I've played this year (and KOTOR) but it certainly ended on a dull note.Say,Mika,If you're who I think you are you'll tell me what day of the week you were born on to prove me right!! Giddy-up
0 Replies

MikoNoNyte

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 09:11 pm
Tofurkey!

hahaha.

Friday, silly.
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 10:03 pm
Wehw!! Glad its you,I thought it was another stalker. Guess you're at work now ,huh? Be sure to go to the Trivia and word games section,very addicting! So are you doing Koudelka in japanese yet?
0 Replies

MikoNoNyte

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 11:55 pm
Nope, I don't work weekends.

And no, not yet. I want to wait to clear my calendar before attempting another Japanese game. *Insert confuzzled over my head* Covenant was hard enough. But at least Koudelka is also vocally driven. I'll let you know how it goes. Talk about crazy RPG players! Smile
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 12:05 am
I have REALLY got to get another copy of Koudelka. I definitely want to try it again!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 03:28 am
carbuncle wrote:
Where did you get it from? I wanna play!!!!!!

You can download them from www.laxiuspower.com
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 03:36 am
I haven't got any time for RPG Confused
0 Replies

carbuncle

Reply Sun 21 Nov, 2004 01:57 pm
WELL THEN MAKE TIME,DAMMIT!! Sorry...got...ca..carried away a bit there.
They are kinda long. I spent 153 hours on FFX and over 200 on Dot Hack. God (I dont care which one-you pick) only knows how long I will be on KOTOR 2.........
0 Replies

mc awsome

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 11:21 am
rpg games suck there no good i cant belive they made the new lord of the rings game rpg i am so peed off with that
0 Replies