clipboard

Challie

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 05:22 am
could anyone tell me how to remove an item from the clip board, after ive pasted it, without having to turn the computer off and on again.
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 663 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 05:26 am
If you're talking about the MSOffice Clipboard then inside any program in the suite (eg Word, Access, Excel) go to View, Toolbars, Clipboard and click on the X icon to clear it.
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2004 06:26 am
hingehead wrote:
If you're talking about the MSOffice Clipboard then inside any program in the suite (eg Word, Access, Excel) go to View, Toolbars, Clipboard and click on the X icon to clear it.
when I copy an item for instance from the internet, and past it say into 'My Documents'. if I then try to use my 'Adobe Photo' program, I keep getting a pop up notice saying there is an item in the clipboard that cannot be accessed even though I dont want to use it, its very irritating!
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:29 am
Well, you can view (& delete, if you want) whatever is on the system clipboard using the Clipboard Viewer. It's an accessory that isn't always installed with Windows by default. If it is installed, in versions of Windows prior to XP it would be at Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Clipboard Viewer, I believe. If it isn't on your system you can install it via the Windows components installation thingy in the Add\Remove Programs applet.

In Windows XP it's called ClipBook Viewer, and even if it's installed it won't show up on the Start menu. The quickest way to get to it is Start -> Run -> type: clipbrd -> click OK. (If you want to make a shortcut to it, the filename is clipbrd.exe & it's in the Windows\System32 folder.)
0 Replies

Challie

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 11:30 am
Thanks Monger
that did the trick
much obliged
Challie
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 03:22 pm
No problemo... Smile
0 Replies