Cultured Meat

chai2

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 06:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well there is a better way if you refuse to purchase meat where the animals were raised in unacceptable conditions.

I'm alarmed how the assumption seems to be made that the saturated fat should be removed, and replaced with another type of fat.

Fat is good for you. Saturated fat is good for you. In the last few decades we've changed our eating patterns so much in the name of health, and have nothing but obesity and diabetes to show for it.

I say no to cultured meat unless it can be made with all the proper fat in it, with a version of the skin for the meat of fowls, and with various textures.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 06:30 pm
@chai2,
I said, until they get it right.

I have never cut the fat off of my meat, no matter what I was told. And when they told us to avoid eggs and butter, I ignored them there too.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 07:02 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
I say no to cultured meat unless it can be made with all the proper fat in it, with a version of the skin for the meat of fowls, and with various textures.

INCONCEIVABLE--fezzinni
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:10 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Fat is good for you. Saturated fat is good for you. In the last few decades we've changed our eating patterns so much in the name of health, and have nothing but obesity and diabetes to show for it.

Is there a scientific connection being made here?
chai2

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:23 pm
@camlok,
Well, yes if you actually cared to read what I said just prior to that, in the same post, and the link provided in a post by someone else earlier.

I'll let you figure it out and I'm not going to do your research/work about what I say for you.

camlok

Reply Thu 1 Jun, 2017 08:28 pm
@chai2,
This is the kind of science I have come to expect from A2Kers. Are you in the same science club as farmerman?
0 Replies