Worlds of WarCraft

Lady J

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 08:32 pm
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from Computers to Video Games.

My son just downloaded the beta release of Worlds of Warcraft last night. Has anyone else had a chance to look at it yet? He seems to really enjoy it, but man, I couldn't believe the size of the download! Like 25 gigs! supposedly it is Blizzard's answer to Everquest which I don't know if it is still as popular as before. Two weeks of free beta playing before the actual release date and then, of course, once they got ya hooked, its pay up time just like Everquest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,950 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Kedge

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 10:03 am
I've not played WoW yet but have heard mixed reports about it. It is another MMORPG like Everquest and I think it is supposed to be a competitor to EverQuest 2 and some other major MMORPG's Like StarWars Galaxies and the new Matrix one.

I've heard the graphics and gameplay is very impressive but the game currently lacks in additional content, which is improtant to give MMORPG's thier longevity.

Where did your son download the beta version from? I'm tempted to download it too and give it a go.

Cheers

Kedge
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 02:27 pm
Hey Kedge,

I'll find out from him today where he downloaded it and let you know. I'm sure over time as the game evovles and expansion packs are added that it will become better and better. I'm sure it will take awhile for acceptance too, what with all the diehard EQ, EQ2 and Star Wars Galaxies fans out there. Smile I was watching him play last night for awhile and the graphics are very good in my opinion. The one thing that I have never had the patience for in any of these games though is the amount of time it seems like one spends just runnning and running and running to get to wherever, either questing or just in search of the next item. The territories are huge! SW Galaxies expansion, when they came out with land speeders was rather nice, so it didn't seem like you were taking forever to get from point A to point B. Smile

Again, I'll check with my sone and let you know ASAP! Smile

Cheers to you too!

J
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 04:06 pm
Hey Kedge...

I checked with my son and he said he downloaded World of War Craft at Blizzard.com. The other place you can try is worldofwarcraft.com. He said though that he thought all of the beta slots were full, but if nothing else it would be worth giving it a try to see for sure.

Good luck!
0 Replies