Exercising on your period?

Reply Tue 16 May, 2017 02:00 am
Sorry if this is tmi but do you exercise when you're on your period? I never do because I'm usually in pain and very uncomfortable during at least the first half of my cycle, but I think I want to start. I just came up with a new workout plan for myself and I don't want to wait a whole week to start it.

jespah

Reply Tue 16 May, 2017 06:40 am
@demilovato,
I'm past all that, but I recall exercising generally helped a lot with cramps. Health.com agrees: http://www.health.com/menstruation/5-things-to-know-about-exercising-during-your-period

Also, consider easing up on caffeine and salt during the week before, and you should have less cramping and bloating.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 16 May, 2017 01:55 pm
@jespah,
Me too, but I have memories of specific places I vomited while having awful cramps... a telephone booth at Student Health (ugh!), the lawn between the chemistry building and the math/engineering building (ugh), the Women's bathroom (I still remember someone saying, "Oh, please!". My cramps went away when I started on birth control pills and also increased exercise.

In the years since, I've read prostaglandins have something to do with menstual cramps - but even that was pretty long ago, and gynecologists may know more by now. Good idea, OP demilovato, to go see a gynecologist, given your history.
demilovato

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:40 am
@jespah,
Thanks a lot!
0 Replies

demilovato

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:42 am
@ossobucotemp,
It is very "unforgettable‘ experience.I will go to see gynecologist. Thank you.
0 Replies