Live Strong

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:27 pm
It's an uphill battle every day
But to know that life is the reward seems to make it all better
It's only natural to want to give it all up
But that's not the solution and never will be
To fight until your last breath is a daunting task
It lies ahead like a towering, gray mountain standing in front of you
The endless nightmare of struggling for nothing seems so real, yet somehow the courage runs powerfully through my blood and permeates throughout my body
We owe our lives to God and it's only right to repay him by living the life he gave us no matter what hardship lays ahead
There is always hope and faith to live
And that's why I live strong and you should too
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 517 • Replies: 4
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:19 pm
Hi there, and welcome. I can't help but be a little confused as to where your determination at the end comes from...I get the sense that you don't get any joy out of life from this poem, but you just want to stick it out so that you won't be a disappointment to God. That's rather depressing...why not make some real goals for your life, and live for yourself? Anyway, I hope what I said doesn't offend you.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:31 pm
I'm with stuh on this. What I'm not feeling here is how God inspires you to do better for yourself. If God has truly inspired you to get over hardship, it's only showing here on a very superficial layer.

If this is intended as an inspirational poem, I would include God from the beginning, and intertwine that imagery with your own experiences, rather than leave God until the end, then suggest that others should live like you. Not all readers are going to share your religion, but if reworked, people might be able to relate to your experiences. The sentiments are clear, but it needs a rewrite. Show the reader what it feels like to have the Kingdom of God within you, even in the face of adversity, don't just tell them.
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 10:24 pm
amateurwriter, I do not understand the line I have quoted below.
It is not natural to ME to want to give it all up, and not for a lot of persons I know, persons who Love their Savior, Jesus Christ with all their heart. It makes them live all the more abundantly!

But it is your prose, and surely you can word it as you feel it. but think it over and be happy, huh? Smile

Quote:
It's only natural to want to give it all up

Incidentally, nice to meet you.
0 Replies

kellyvinal

Reply Fri 12 Nov, 2004 10:57 am
It seems so narrow and personal that I can't discern the meaning. I recommend you add some contextual elements to bring the readers in on the thesis.
0 Replies