Ever walked/ran out of a film - not because it was bad?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:28 pm
eoe wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
eoe wrote:
On my birthday, alone, I ran out of "Body Heat" with Kathleen Turner because she was getting so much heat and at the moment, I wasn't getting any.

didn't anyone ever show you the hole in the bottom of the popcorn bag trick? You could have taken care of your needs right there.......

The salt may cause some discomfort, don't you think? But the butter...

pleasure and pain baby, two sides of the same coin.....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 12:41 pm
ouch
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 04:23 pm
A Spanish film called IN A GLASS CAGE is one of the few I haven't been able to watch. It starts with a Nazi doctor torturing a naked boy. I couldn't get past the first few minutes. They say the film is good if you can get past that scene but I don't think I'll try. Then there is the scene in the Japanese film VISITOR Q where the father has sex with his dead daughter.......
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:38 pm
I didn't know stuff like that could get through N.H.'s border.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2004 07:56 pm
Never walked out of a movie, but I have fallen asleep in one or two.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 01:36 am
thiefoflight wrote:
A Spanish film called IN A GLASS CAGE is one of the few I haven't been able to watch. It starts with a Nazi doctor torturing a naked boy. I couldn't get past the first few minutes. They say the film is good if you can get past that scene but I don't think I'll try. Then there is the scene in the Japanese film VISITOR Q where the father has sex with his dead daughter.......

That's a bit nasty. It takes all kinds.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 03:00 am
Schindler's List was so intense that i had to grap my friends hand to make it through the movie...a great flick that my roommate only let's me watch once a year because i get so worked up...

movies like Blair Witch make me nauseated with hand held camera work...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:09 am
Never had to walk out on a movie good or bad. I was almost totally bored with "Alien III" which was so moribund and relentlessly dull I couldn't wait for it to end.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:36 am
This isn't intended to be mean...just a question.

Why do you go see a movie that has potential for things that make you ill? I mean, Saving Private Ryan is a war film. If you get queesy at blood, you just don't go. Same goes for thrillers and mob movies. If you get very upset at torture, don't go see a mob film. Someone will inevitably get their hand stuffed into a meat grinder or broken with a hammer.

Not to mention, those movies that make you feel uncomfortable and upset are by far the best movies because they DO make you feel. They aren't just movies anymore...they are real people with real lives and real hurts. I guess I just happen to have an extremely high tolerance for intense moments.

I can understand if you go to a movie and something unexpected happens that grosses you out. That I can understand. Smile
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Thu 11 Nov, 2004 09:43 am
well, in my case, I didn't know about Boy's Don't Cry before I went.
The other one that I can think of was some film with that evil man Kevin Coster and he had a child with him. Forget the name of the movie. But there was a scene in it where he was menacing this black guy and I lost it. To me it was unnessary...

Nothing compared to Saving Private Ryan, but, you know, when I saw it, it didn't seem so bad to me. I suspect and KNOW that I am desensatised to some things like that, due to too much in our culture. I am sure it would be different if I had been to war myself.

Whereas, with Elephant, I didn't walk out, but I found the violence more disturbing that any major Hollywood flick.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Tue 30 Nov, 2004 02:28 pm
got a new one...
I walked out of "Tarnation" on the weekend.
I was kind of forced to by the person I was with. They were having problems with someone in their family being ill and seeing all this "illness" was too much for them. It was getting a bit much at that point. What a horrid life that man has had to this point!
0 Replies

henrythe8

Reply Thu 2 Dec, 2004 11:45 pm
The deerhunter after about an hour, I was bored stiff with it. Oddly enough at a cinema nearby Dog Day Afternoon was showing, so I went to see that, I REALLY enjoyed that one.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:13 am
About 3 months ago I went out with this girl I like (the kind of girl that there's something wrong with you if you don't like) and we went to see a French movie named 'Tiresias'.

It's about a prostitute who's a male-to-female transexual who gets kidnapped. To make the story short, in one scene the guy who kidnapped her enters the room with a screwdriver while she is sleeping and without an apparent reason he stabs her in the eyes. He takes her to a car and puts her on the trunk and drives to the country side where she leaves her on the floor.

A girl comes out to help her, and I just got sick when the next scene showed her in boyish clothes with a shaved head and boobs. I couldn't stand any longer so I went to the bathroom to pee and in there I felt terrible so I asked the girl I went with if we could get out of there.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 12:23 am
Usually my x and I walked out together, because a movie was badly done in some way we had no patience for.

Once in a while it was me... taking an exit by myself, as in meet you in the lobby...
can't remember the movie(s) though. Perhaps 2 out of hundreds.

I remember being bored to slinging myself off a roof by Fellini's Satyricon, but I think I just sat there and slunk in the seat.

Hey, I'll ask him, maybe he remembers.

[We sat through Warhol's Cowboy (I think it was titled) together. We were sort of hard to roust from our Fox Venice seats...]
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 3 Dec, 2004 05:25 pm
If one reads who they consider reliable critics, they can avoid the really howlingly bad films. I've relied on reviews and gone to films that I wasn't as enthusiastic as the critics but they were never bad enough to walk out on.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 11:16 am
sure I've seen heaps of bad movies where you read the critic and the person you are with one day when you decide to see a movie REALLY wants to see it. I have got to the point with some movies, where I can just sit there and think "yes... this is distracting".

That movie "Tiresias" sounds just fabulous Joe! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:21 pm
My friend went back to see it later, because she liked the movie, maybe I'll see it someday too. It's just that it's a rare opportunity to see those films.
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:31 pm
you don't get so much independent cinema where you are? (is that what it was classed as?) Or do you mean that type of confronting topic?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:36 pm
Baise Moi.............stayed for it all..............wish I hadn't............anyone seen it?
0 Replies

benconservato

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 02:39 pm
no, it was banned in Australia for a while, or it was debated alot. My man claims it was "very average". I suspect he saw it in France. But you know... he is French and I think, personally, he has a high tollerance for that type of thing.
0 Replies