Do Ants Ever Die?

oldandknew

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 01:19 pm
if you got ants and you wanna get rid of 'em real quick, who do you call ? THE ANT SLAYER. He boil up one huge kettle water and just pour the steaming lotion all over those little varmints. Next you call in the Avarian Cleaners and they just goddle up all the little dead bodies. You could always call your local zoo and rent in a pair of ant eaters, that's real fun Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 03:30 pm
All right, that's exactly what I will do right this moment, John. Hang on...well my my my..that worked. You are really quite brilliant for a Brit Laughing

er, what am I supposed to feed these beasts? Razz
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 03:34 pm
Why, ants, of course. If you are out of ants, borrow some.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 03:46 pm
and Roger, You are positively erudite for a New Mexican? Hmmmm. That doesn't sound right. Very Happy

Really and truly, the little suckers have vanished from my kitchen...and to paraphrase Poe, "...they took their beaks from out my heart and quit the bust above my door."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 04:28 pm
heehee - you will attract a Craven if you use language like THAT, Letty!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 05:03 pm
hmmmm, Deb. I had a handbook on how to attract a Wombat...but it was many and many a year ago in my kingdom by the sea.....but the moon never beams without bringing me dreams of the beautiful ANT-a-belle-Lee.

"In pace requiescat." Laughing
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 06:00 pm
http://www.musicaecomputer.com/animated_gifs/ants/ants0011.gif
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 06:17 pm
Several hundred ants died in my ktichen last night. Used Windex on them. They are coming inside for the water?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 08:02 pm
A caption for Bill's picture:

one after the other...but what if an ant were your brother?

for Joanne on Windex a little "gnash":

Ants belong in pants--

let's keep this in context,
Bill Gates requires your windex.
Let us spray: Laughing
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 08:27 pm
Ant in my pants, oh no not that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 09:05 pm
A few years back I discovered a nest of fire ants inside the case of a hot water tank, which was located inside the closet of a second floor apartment. Shocked Since they were in an unprotected ball, I was able to wipe them out with a can of insecticide.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 08:48 am
Gorsh, Edgar. Those fire ants are quite dangerous to some people. When we were camping, a friend of mine accidentally stood on a fire ant hill, and in minutes her feet were covered with the red sea. Her feet became swollen and distended. Fortunately, we were able to take care of the problem, but it was quite painful and cause for alarm.

I just remembered a movie about soldier ants. Charlton Heston again...The Naked Jungle, I think.

Here is an aside. I got an update for this thread on my Yahoo account, and I couldn't access it--something about "no posts available on this thread"...not exactly the right words, but something was amiss. Shocked

Do you suppose fire ants have replaced gremlins?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 09:17 am
I've heard that that message means someone made a post which opened a new page and then deleted it. The link, of course, refers to the blank page, not the entire interaction. . . . unless I'm misremembering the situation that causes this erroneous message.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:00 am
Ok, Rog. That makes sense to me. Thanks.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:00 am
Gees, Letty - hope that friend is okay. The fire ant bites I've had in the past developed into ulcerous sores that becme 3 or 4 times the size of the original bite. If I got that many bites I would be afeared of losing a foot!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:09 am
Wow, Bill,

I think some people are more sensitive than others. This situation with my friend happened some time ago and she is fine. Good grief, in your case, it is possible to make a mountain out of an ant hill Shocked
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:12 am
I know the swarm, and that scares me. The picture I always remember is that of the farmer plowing his field, running over a hill and becoming covered with the little vermin!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:32 am
Bill, do you live in a tropical area? Strangely enough, I have no problem with fire ants where I live, and I'm not certain why. It may be because I live on a golf course, and regular spraying is part of the maintenance. I haven't even seen a palmetto bug (big roach) in a while.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:37 am
I remember those palmetto bugs from when the family lived in Miami. Thanks for the memories, Letty.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2003 10:48 am
Letty, the times before when I was attacked was when I lived in Huston, where there are many fire ants. We have some in Oklahoma but fortunately none in or around my home. I remember the palmetto bugs in Huston also. I actually like them because they ate the nasty roaches. But, agreed, it was impossible to allow them to be in the house. When I lived in Indonesia we left the lizards in the house because the ate mosquitoes.
0 Replies