If you were God, would you change how our world exists?

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 02:55 am
If you were God, would you change how our world exists?

As for me I really dislike this eat kill or be killed and be eaten yourself way of surviving on planet earth!

hightor

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 04:43 am
@Alan McDougall,
I think I'd try to convince people to take responsibility for what they've made of the world and stop trying to foist it off on mythical beings.
Quote:

As for me I really dislike this eat kill or be killed and be eaten yourself way of surviving on planet earth!

Hey, I worked really hard on developing the process of natural selection and now you want to throw it out? What would be your solution — taking a vote or something? You know, I could smite you for such impertinence.

Leave the world as it is and work to change yourself.
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 08:14 am
@hightor,
I assume that was the "G" guy who was pissed at McDougall's ignorance
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 09:05 am
@Alan McDougall,
...oh the problem of "Evil" again...

...no Alan...
We need risk, and I mean actual risk with suffering, in order for life to have value. Suffering is necessary for the System. You wouldn't even have a problem-solving mind with intelligence if there was no challenge and no risk of suffering. Consciousness and complex brains require there is the possibility of suffering.

...don't try to correct "God"...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 09:13 am
@hightor,
There are the status quo way of talking about optimising people's behaviour, the one you pointed "taking responsibility", which assumes "free will" or some sort of it is true, and then there is a new way, which assumes people are either ignorant, confused, or incapable of computing a balanced solution. For the classical problem of ignorance, there is the obvious solution of constant Education. For confusion, we need to fight fake news and help clear-cut information to thrive. For incapacity, we need social care and behaviour control, with imprisonment when necessary, but also therapy, be it genetic or psyche social for reintegration. This is the CIVILIZED way with no "guilt" shortcuts to make the problem pseudo-simple and easy to dodge...
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 11:29 am
I think the world needs more horses, everyone likes horses
chai2

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 11:46 am
@Smileyrius,
You know, I really don't care for horses, except at a distance. That said, if there were more of them, I'd be fine with that.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 02:19 pm
@farmerman,
You would be right. Alan was playing [urhttps://able2know.org/topic/380992-1#post-6421592]"G" guy[/url] yesterday on another thread; that was the implied context.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:08 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
I think I'd try to convince people...stop trying to foist it off on mythical beings.

Does this mean that you would then be a mythical being? Wouldn't that cease your existence or do mythical beings exist in that realm?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:09 pm
@Smileyrius,
...and penguins, there can never be too many penguins.
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:17 pm
@hightor,
https://able2know.org/topic/380992-1#post-6421592"G" guy yesterday on another thread; that was the implied context.
hope this works.
Hed scare the kids,you betcha.
hightor

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:40 pm
@farmerman,
Thanks, farmerman.
Quote:
Alan was playing "G" guy yesterday on another thread

Damn case of Zika virus is screwing up my hypertext transfer protocols.
hightor

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 03:41 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
Wouldn't that cease your existence or do mythical beings exist in that realm?

It would be as as if one were awakening from a dream...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 07:03 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

...and penguins, there can never be too many penguins.

Holy Crap, you mean these aren't enough for you?

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/naturelibrary/images/ic/credit/640x395/p/pe/penguin/penguin_1.jpg
farmerman

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 09:52 pm
@chai2,
guy in the back is saying
"Lord, we have but five loaves and seven fishes, How shall we feed the multitude?"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 09:54 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
Damn case of Zika virus is screwing up my hypertext transfer protocols
I have no idea what that is but I hope I dont get it.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 10:03 pm
@chai2,
This is but the first wave of the vanguard of Sturgis' Mighty Penguin Army!
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 10:11 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Quote:

Now I kind of like that, as long as I'm doing the eating. I think more things should taste like bacon. Maybe even some vegetables. That's it, if food that was actually good for you tasted good, we'd all be healthier. By Divine Decree I hereby make healthy foods taste good and unhealthy foods taste bad... and I saw that it was good, yada yada yada...
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 07:28 am
@Alan McDougall,
As an all powerful supernatural being, I would not make a world full of death and hate (as some of you display on the forum) but make it possible that all life forms could make direct use of the suns energy in a without killing other living things

What I mean is to make our bodies into advanced solar panels that get energy directly from the sun , without the need to kill other living things
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 08:27 am
@Alan McDougall,
So we'd all be plants? What would drive our development?