What if Jews, Christians, and Muslims follow their Holy Book

bigdice67

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 07:26 pm
ROFLMAO@timber
0 Replies

Isha

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:24 pm
Dr. Laura letter
I must admit it. That Dr. Laura letter really was funny. I had never seen it before. I'll share it with my friends, christian and non-christian, I know they'll get a good laugh. Thanks Wasp, you got me in a better mood Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Ibn kumuna

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 11:29 pm
Welcome, Isha

--Ibn
0 Replies

Isha

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 12:47 am
thanks...it's nice to feel welcomed...
salutations to you Ibn. Razz
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 04:23 am
timberlandko wrote:
So would lotsa folks ... Frank and I among 'em. I know I'd be willin' to stand in line a night and a day unsheltered in a driving rainstorm for an opportunity to buy a ticket to be in the audience of the show on which she answers 'em Laughing

And I suspect we ALL know that more than likely, we ain't gonna hear no answer to these questions from Laura! :wink:
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:06 am
Hi Isha

Just a few remarks:

Quote:
Jesus also said that He came to abolish the law

This is just an insult to our intelligence:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. [Matthew 5:17-19]

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. [Matthew 23:1-3]

So according to Jesus, he told his followers to follow His commands in the OT.

Quote:
hmmm....christians are not ordered to kill, kill, kill...lest u forget that Jesus said "love your enemies"...."forgive if u want to be forgiven",

These teachings are non sense and against the human nature.
And the funny part is that Jesus was the first to reject his own teachings of love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you:

Judas was the enemy of Jesus, but instead of loving him and pray for him, he just cursed him:
The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born. [Mark 14:21]

Jews were the enemies of Jesus, but instead of loving them and praying for them he just insult them when calling them "Fools", "Vipers", "Snakes", "Wicked"....
Just look at Luke parable in chapter 19 against the Jews:
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Jesus is considered the king of ANTI-SEMITISM.

Why did Jesus refuse to heal the Canaanite daughter in Mathew 15? Isn't this woman supposed to be his enemy? He jus healed her when she had believed in him.

Jesus condemned entire cities to death and to the eternal torment of hell because they didn't care for his preaching [Matthew 11:20]
Killing children that curse their parents [Matthew 15:4-7]
(What about "pray for those who persecute you")

Jesus ordered not to associate with non-Christians, and not to receive them into our house or even exchange greeting with [2 John 10]

For God sake, can someone just explain what is meant by "enemy" in Jesus vocabulary?

Quote:
If Christians were ordered to kill, kill, kill, then you wouldn't see Christians traveling all over the world not only to bring the gospel to people that have never heard of it, but also to deliver aid to the poor, the sick, when there are disasters..etc..etc....regardless of the people's religion.

I told you b4, Jews, Christians and Muslims do not follow their holy books.

Quote:
The number one humanitarians are Christians. You don't see Muslims, Jews, Atheists, Wiccans, Buddihsts, Hindus..etc..going to third world countries, or jungles to help bring medicines, build homes, teach women how to be independent, build new schools, bring clothing and all sorts of stuff to help people out.

Simply because you do not follow Jesus commands by killing anyone who seves another god.

Quote:
You can't go by a few verses that were taken out of context in order to purposely make the Christian faith look like killers.

Please explain the context of the verses I quoted.

Quote:
Look at the whole picture, not just at the few who call themselves Christians and dirty God's name by the evil deeds they do.

Those evil deeds are found in the Bible. Do you call God commands evil deeds???

Quote:
I'm reading the "Noble" Qu'ran and I've found many verses that say not to take Christians and Jews as freinds

The word is "Awliyaa" which means religeous leaders to follow. Big difference.
But the disaster is what Jesus said:
Jesus ordered not to associate with non-Christians, and not to receive them into our house or even exchange greeting with [2 John 10]

Quote:
and just about every other verse talks abour fire and hell to the unbeleivers.

This is true

Quote:
They reject the deity of Jesus even though it admits in the belief of his virginal birth.

And what the virgin birth has to do with Jesus deity?
Adam had no father nor a mother, so why isn't he God also?

Quote:
Now if we want to talk about killing, then please, kindly explain to me why the "terrorists" (that you say "aren't") that flew those jets into the twin towers and the Pentagon were Muslims ?

Why the "freedom fighters" (terrorists) that killed hundreds of innocent school children in Russia where Muslims ?

Why the bombings in all U.S. embassies have been bombed by Muslims?

Why the genocide being committed in Sudan is being committed by Muslims? Why are all suicidal (murderers) bombers Muslim ?

What has innocent people in buses, or in pizzerias done to these Muslims to have to defend themselves?

Who told you that they were real Muslims?
Did you read the topic and see how Jews, Christians and Muslims do not follow the commands of God?
Jews and Christians are ordrered by God to kill yet they rejected God commands.
Muslims are ordered to fight only as self defense, yet these so-called Muslims rejected God commands.

Quote:
Sura Part Five
34. Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (stregth) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly) : but if they return to obedience, seek not agaisnt them means (of annoyance) : for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all).

The problem comes from the word "Idribuhunne" which we used to translate as "beat them". The root of this word is "Daraba you look at any Arabic dictionary you will find a long list of meanings ascribed to this word. That list is one of the longest list in whole Arabic dictionary. It can be said that "Daraba the number-one multi-meaning word in Arabic. It has so many different meanings, we can find numerous different meanings ascribed to it in the Quran.

- To travel, to get out: 3:156; 4:101; 38:44; 73:20; 2:273
- strike: 2:60,73; 7:160; 8:12; 20:77; 24:31; 26:63; 37:93; 47:4
- beat: 8:50; 47:27
- set up: 43:58; 57:13
- give (examples): 14:24,45; 16:75,76,112; 18:32,45; 24:35; 30:28,58; 36:78; 39:27,29; 43:17; 59:21; 66:10,11
- take away, to ignore: 43:5
- condemn: 2:61
- seal, to draw over: 18:11
- cover: 24:31
- explain: 13:17

"Daraba also other meanings which are not mentioned in the Quran like "to separate", "to part". For example, in the Arabic language, you do not multiply numbers--you "Daraba" numbers.

The other word to look for is "nushuz" which mean "'marital discord" or "ill-will ".

In the context of the above verse the most appropriate meaning for nushuz is 'marital discord' , and that for 'adriboo' is 'to separate' or 'to part'. Otherwise it is inviting the likelihood of a divorce without any reconciliation procedure and this will contravene the Qur'anic guidance as shown in verse 4:35. The separation could be temporary or permanent depending on the reconciliation procedure, and this fits in very well with the divorce procedure outlined in the Qur'an (see 8.5). Therefore the translation of the above verse would be:
Sûrah al Nisa 4:34
As for those women whose animosity or ill-will you have reason to fear, then leave them alone in bed, and then separate; and if thereupon they pay you heed, do not seek a way against them.

The verse following the above verse gives further weight to the above translation.
Sûrah al Nisa 4:35
And if ye fear a breach between them twain (the man and the wife), appoint an arbiter from his folk and an arbiter from her folk. If they desire amendment Allah will make them of one mind. Lo! Allah is ever knower, Aware.

Quote:
Let's stop the hating, the finger pointing and be honest. If we're going to quote verses from any holy book, let's also quote the ones that talk about love and forgiveness. Remember, the Muslims say that Allah is the God of Abraham, Is'mael, Isaac, ....and so do the Jews and Christians beleive the same.
We're all cousins.

Excellent rational thinking.
0 Replies

Isha

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:23 pm
Hi Cyanure,
thanks for answering those questions.

It just so happens that last night I saw a program on Islam in Pakistan on the Discovery Time channel.

I learned that there are Progressive Muslims or Secular Muslims, and Taliban Muslims and some other name that sounded like Shira or something like that.

The reporter was a Muslim Pakistani woman, and she was upset that the Taliban Muslims are slowly coming into power in Pakistan.

In the town that they are ruling, they burned all DVD's and Music CD's. They banned the local artist from painting ads with people's faces on them, especially women, they called it evil and sinful. They said that Allah doesn't like paintings.

They have made it against the law for a woman to speak to a male shop keeper, laugh outside her home, show her face, and if her husband is not home they want to blacken the windows so that no one can see her inside the home. They are demanding that all men grow beards.

There was a lot of Muslims rebelling. They had a concert and sang and danced the night away even though they could have gotten killed for it. The artist is trying to get away with painting eyes on his ads, and he says that Allah doesn't care if he grows a beard, and Allah never said he didn't like paintings.

I was surprised to see some of these Muslim men, fighting for women's rights to bare their face, have windows, and laugh. They said that these Taliban Muslims aren't real muslims. They are only taking the verses they want and preaching hate and intolerance, especially for women.

I learned something new.

I wish some of my Muslim co-workers and freinds would have explained that to me earlier.

Oh well....life is learning, learning is life...those that don't want to learn...explore....ask why.......are very dull indeed.

Later,
must eat cake.

Razz
0 Replies

Isha

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 05:32 pm
Hey Cyanure,
I just read your post on that poor 9 year old girl. What I saw on Discovery is more or less what Mesquite was talking about. It was all on that Sharia thingy....tribe....you know what I mean.
Really cruel men.
I'd love to get my hands on that animal that married that little girl and abused her.
I'd do the same to him and worse!
When it comes to stuff like that I just get so angry...regardless of religion......that's child and sexual abuse and he needs to meet Lorena Bobbit, my hero!
0 Replies

The Odious Wasp

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 06:17 pm
I don't profess to be a religious guru, but I have been noticing a few discrepancies...
First off, even in my own quote of that Dr. Laura letter, a lot of conflicting statements out of the Bible are from the Old Testament. Do you know how many different people wrote a book, chapter, etc. in the OT? I looked it up, and it's well over 25. Nobody knows who wrote some of the books after The PentateuchOT Facts
Has there been any sort of published work in modern times done by so many writers that does not have a few ideas conflicting? I doubt it...

We say that Christians should follow the Bible and kill kill kill... Believe it or not, but alot of times, laws tend to becomes obsolete over the ages. Just have a look at some of these real laws from THIS century:

New York

According to law, it is a misdemeanor to arrest a dead man.
It is illegal to flirt with a woman, punishable by $25 fine.
It is illegal to play golf on the street.
It is illegal for a man to appear in public with pants and shirt that do not match.
It is against the law to eat peanuts and walk backwards when a concert is on.
It is against the law to have an unclothed mannequin in a store window.

Kansas

It is illegal to catch fish with your bare hands.

South Carolina

It is illegal to sell whiskey unless the sun is shining.

More

We're all guilty of it, but it doesn't make us wrong.

Quote:
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Sir Stephen Henry Roberts (1901-1971)
0 Replies

Isha

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 07:12 pm
I love it !!!! Razz Surprised Very Happy
0 Replies