writing ( 30 )

Reply Mon 8 Nov, 2004 02:42 pm
6) Unpleasant surprise :

And why was the house number five in particular?!

The next day morning, I went to the hospital."Whatever it happens, a doctor always feel familiar with the hospitals' atmosphere; the scent of sterilizers, and the medical staffs' white uniforms.All that things that tempt any non-doctor in throwing up", I said to myself.

The old lady was fine; her lungs were safe, and her skull was pretty good.If we didn't consider the legs' blood clot, there was nothing that would seem dangerous.And that would declare itself some day in the toilet, after her first steps out the bed." she would simply drop dead, unless the medical staff know what do here", I told myself.

She asked,

-" Are you still at the house" , I nodded yes.

-" You are stubborn, and what did they say ?".

-" They were all there, and asked me to leave", I said.

-" Do what they want", she replied.

Ofcourse, there is no dual form in English.So, she didn't mean ( told you-asked you ), but she meant ( they " two" told you-asked you ).

And I guess she didn't realise that I was using the plural form in purpose.I didn't want to annoy her, or drive her cazy.She would have a heart attack, if she knew about the parasitic visitors.I made sure that she was alright, and I left the hospital.In my way, I bought some newspapers, and walked to the house thinking all the story over.

I thought that some dust came to my face from the wall that I was walking near, but these things were tiny.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 412 • Replies: 0
No top replies