My documentaries, the documentaries that I recommend

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 4 Feb, 2024 07:19 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 06:21 pm

A late reply to Dostoyevsky and his latest followers:

You should read "Determined" ASAP, the most recent nail in the coffin of your central point trough Dostoevsky lens!...
Oh and please avoid Compatiblism bullshit for the sake of maintaining the Status Quo on the eternal Free Will debate!

Personally I don't like intellectuals mostly because they undersell and vandalize great ideas while often delve into promoting mediocre ones for the sake of vanity and getting on board with the latest Hype train that can sell more mediocrity to upper middle class zombies... but then again that is an entirely different point!

As for personal responsibility good luck selling that any further then what has been sold in the past 2000 years...the idea has rotten beyond any possible comeback! Don't confuse learned helplessness for what "you are" that you did not chose to be at birth, with taking responsibility, a presumptuous ideal that Humans are the only animal dumb enough to believe in!

I rather you focus on studying ecosystems at large, Superorganisms, social human ecosystems in particular, and understood how we all are fragmented puppets of Reality Totalitarian wholistic stance, mere pawns in a Cosmic Chess that although Necessary has an unforgivable zero sum result!

Dostoyevsky as many others before and after him, falls victim of Hyper Rationality, a position on which you try to deconstruct Human common rationality with a pseudo transcendent Meta Rationality, that is to mean an ever impossible Hegelian synthesis for our actualized embodied cognition, which must by definition be always partial!

Unjustified guilt is the bread and butter on the ever persistent illusion of Life!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2024 07:32 pm

We don't have Free Will to shape the World into existence like "Gods"...in fact if there was a God he would not have any Free Will either as the true meaning of God must always be the World!

Kant was not familiar with Fractals and their indifference to size, or to the obscure concepts of container and contained...phenomena are thus necessarily the thing in itself just as much the supposedly transcendental Noumena is claimed to be. That is to mean Phenomenology is not a fake, a mistake, an illusion, but an actual Legitimate part of Reality!

That set aside while I agree Space and Time are not what they seam, or better put more then what they seam, still in the order of the perceived from all that can perceive, there is an extension which we might call Space by allegory, the sequence of Thingness, the Experience itself which includes the legitimate illusion of an experiencer, while Time is just a pseudo eraser either of the past or the future which always cycles back to an ever omnipresent...Being!

Schopenhauer is wrong by putting the Subject at centre stage, its the Experience itself as Noumena that brings an "emergent" experiencer into Existence in the necessary real illusion of Time!

Descartes could not be more wrong if he tried...his "Cogito Ergum Sum" is a phenomena raised from the Experience of experiencing!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2024 09:53 pm

How could he not be a dualist given what he is working on? I happen to agree with D Dennett and Bryan on this one but it doesn't surprise me at all that Jaron claims to go the other way around!

Besides the point should never be wondering about AI being conscious...a good Philosophical Zombie can be far more dangerous then an actual conscious entity would be. What this technology will bring is absolute convergence and a far more regulated Reality then any traditional form of Government could ever aspire to, and not just on a local level as this form of Borg conversion by statistical web average will be far more efficient then the traditional Global form of Governance Einstein dreamed about!

The danger of AI is thus not awareness per se but rather the possibility to rip apart our embodied cognitive evolutionary process in such a way that it is not repairable any more! To sum it up we will be wilfully implementing AI decisions at every step and stage of decision making from the mundane to the most complex administrative economic and creative processes while keep believing each of us is the author of such decisions by proxy,...that is to mean the perfect illusion delusion paradigm! Narrow AI as is already ripped out a good chunk of our decision making, but we still somehow deluded ourselves we are running the Show. Our tendency to Anthropomorphise this subject and think about either Terminators or Consciousness is an impediment to really grasp the true Alien zombie coming like a truck in our direction...we just can't abstract far enough to even smell it let alone see it!

On the other hand and to play fair I have been arguing for more then 30 years now we don't have any Free Will anyway so who the frack cares right...tracing the whole thing back our first computers were cities in old Mesopotamia and since then we lost our illusion of freedom anyway! The fact of the matter is we live an abnormal life since then! Its funny and it always intrigued me when I see people smiling much more on third world countries then I do in Tokyo or New York! Our problem with Philosophy, which is without a doubt the most important thing that we do for 90% of our woke up time, is that we are terribly bad at it, because its indeed extremely hard, while Science on the other hand, as is, is just plumber mechanical work...by the way one which will be the first to be replaced by AI as the scientific method as a method is a tool not Reason and meaning! Meaning requires embodied cognition which is exactly what an AI Deep Learning program cannot have! In summary we are going faster and faster from authors to editors!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2024 01:38 am

A smart crackpot lazy for Physics but good at thinking would start by questioning ground base axioms at a conceptual level...a far more easier way to corner Physicists, eg. for instance ask them what Materialism actually means? Note, I am not a Spiritualist as I hardly know what materialism claims to mean let alone by contrast the second... but then again its a Philosophy question not a Physics question! Better still look for incoherent conceptual mishmash that they relate to working Maths models...ask them to justify how a actually working Maths frame match the concepts they claim to understand Philosophically you will laugh hard if you have just a little inclination for Philosophy, better still if you can do basic Philosophy of Maths... not so often X concept to Math doesn't follow! Often the problem with Physics is bad Philosophy terrible metaphors, grandiose claims about Reality not bad Maths. Its often the case the model works good enough for pragmatical purposes but doesn't state anything fundamental about Reality and worse it doesn't grind funding without grandiose Philosophical baggage! I wouldn't go a step to far by claiming Physicists are more often then not crackpot Philosophers!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 08:43 pm
As one follows the train of thought from Lawrence Krauss one can't but conclude he is indeed a fascinating creature, one of a kind...Unique!
To the point, the interviewed is very gentle, agreeable and above all informative...take a look:

0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2024 11:11 pm
Critical Thinking, Skills and Dispositions: (oh and Harvard)
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2024 01:05 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 19 Feb, 2024 12:27 am
Translated by Google and my horrendous command of English I just wrote this piece in reply to a Tale of a Groom that continued to be groom forever for being left at the Altar, anyway take it as is for what is worth:

...I had already dropped into the first paragraph of the writing when I realized that the "groom Arnaldo" was not a mannequin in Chiado but someone of flesh and blood who was unable to free himself from an important expectation and who was thus stuck with the carnival make-up of being "engaged" not for a day but for the remaining of his life. And if it is true that life is to be led as an eternal engagement without there ever being a marriage with an indifferent Reality if only to avoid Metaphysical disorders, then it is just like all of Pessoa's masks which we no longer know how to undress from a dedicated and faithfully owner within ourselves...and thus I dare n I say that Arnaldos without a mirror are we all...inverted Arnaldos who in the modernity of an online life go without a silver-headed cane on which we can lean on to have status nor a carnation rose in his lapel due to the lack of friends made from present people. At most we take an Avatar in the face and it's no harm to be just a shadow of who we really are.
We "engage" something like hyperbolic shadows that look like they are people but not exactly... echoes of people without a doubt with wind and fury and many declarations without direct accounting... echoes of people without Time or Space or anything that matters... and we too "Arnaldos", haunted by the old image of the bride that is no longer, we to virtualized without virtue, unleashed on an imaginary "Chiado" in down town Lisbon with displays of faceless people for company!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2024 09:20 am

Perception is not a property of anything but itself! Not property of a mind as such is already a perception about perception in an idealization of the perceiver phenomenologically, and thus it follows that Descartes is wrong. Reality is an all encompassing all grabbing concept...dreams if dreamed are real dreams...illusions if illusory are real illusions, again real phenomena...and not less real then any other phenomena of Perception the thing in itself. So what differentiates an illusion from a "normal" event? Well deep deep down not much one might argue...for that matter one might for simplicity sake speak about domains of perception in which there are consequences that we want to pay attention to from other domains of perception (e.g. dreams) in which phenomena are more or less "inconsequential" for what we want to preserve the most, and the opposite for perception of our "awake up reality" say taking care of our Life that we want to preserve, as we again, perceive it to be valuable! But then once more and to bring the topic full circle our Life may be a "dream", that is the whole point of the matrix...in this sense all forms and domains of perception fit an ecosystem of "games" with their own rules... Note that when we add in the problem of lacking actual Free Will, all domains of perception are to an extent illusory, and still with its varying degrees of perceived importance they all are also REAL, again real ILLUSIONS! Finally nop Sabina this is not so easy as you thought it would be...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2024 01:43 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2024 03:46 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2024 05:34 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2024 03:02 pm
Intelligent Design which is intelligible...
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 27 Mar, 2024 06:01 pm
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2024 08:22 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 03:01 am
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2024 12:35 pm