More Aussie Croc news. Unbelievable....

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 02:29 am
Edit [Moderator]: Moved from International News to Australia.

Quote:
Studies show that when a crocodile attacks and news of it is broadcast overseas the number of tourists coming from many countries rises, increasing tourist revenue.

Pascal Tremblay, a lecturer at Charles Darwin University who has studied the link between crocodiles and the Northern Territory's $1 billion-a-year tourism industry, said bookings to the territory from Germany rose after a German tourist was killed in an attack two years ago in Kakadu National Park.

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 954 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 02:31 am
I am missing something here. EXTREME tourism?! Or are they just too stupid to grasp the concept of 'crocodiles are big reptiles that kill people'?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 07:00 am
Stilly
You know the saying - "If you want a happy crocodile - give him a Yank (but a German will do!).

It fascinates me just how stupid people are. When the croc was sighted in Cairns harbour last week, "beware of the croc" and "no swimming" signs were put up everywhere. Some idiot tourist thought the signs were a joke, went swimming and then got caught in a mud bank, and had to be rescued. Unfortunately, the crock had moved on. He could have increased the average IQ cinsiderably.

I can't understand why people swim in Cairns harbour anyway - it's all mudflats.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 6 Nov, 2004 08:34 am
margo wrote:
Stilly
You know the saying - "If you want a happy crocodile - give him a Yank /quote]

I have a similar saying.....of course it has nothing to do with crocodiles.....
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 7 Nov, 2004 02:45 am
That might explain why that Japanese tourist chose IRAQ as a back-packing destination. I thought it was because he was fuc*ing insane.....
0 Replies

australia

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2004 06:37 am
They are the most economical border protection patrollers we have.
0 Replies