Christians under attack.

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:40 pm
Has anyone else had this problem? It seems that people have gone from Bush bashing to christian bashing. Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,891 • Replies: 36
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:44 pm
Just ignore those type of people, cannistershot.

And screw the Christians.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:46 pm
not christian bashing...I just don't want you telling me what i can or cannot believe...and i think there is danger in the religious right taking over our country...
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 05:55 pm
willow_tl wrote:
not christian bashing...I just don't want you telling me what i can or cannot believe...and i think there is danger in the religious right taking over our country...

You can believe or not believe whatever you want I won't tell you any different. I don't like people getting in my face any more than you do. I just always thought that the democratic party was the party of tolerance, does that not include christians Question It doesn't seem to since about noon on Wednesday. I have to keep my office door closed to keep from being harassed for being "one of the right wing christian nuts that re-elected Bush"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:00 pm
bush and his people are not christians although that's the disguise they currently are using.....
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:06 pm
Hm, that teaches you to not tell your office for whom
you voted. Wink

Frankly, I think, religion and politics should not mix.
We've experienced that hundreds of years ago in
Europa and nothing good became of it. Dto. for the
United States.

Whatever religious beliefs one has, it should be a
private matter.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:06 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
bush and his people are not christians although that's the disguise they currently are using.....

Are you saying Bush and his supporters or Bush and his people, as in close advisors etc.?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:07 pm
Bush and his people get down on their hands and knees and pray to the almighty dollar.

And they sit behind closed doors, count their money, and laugh at the fools who put them in office.

So, go pray or something, cannistershot.

And, if you're such a good christian, my words will not bother you. Instead, you'll get down on your knees and ask forgiveness for brother Ratzenhofer, for he is in the dark and can not see the light.

Don't bother, Cannister. Pray for an Okie or something.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:09 pm
And Bear was refering to Bush's close advisors, etc.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:11 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
you voted. Wink

United States.

private matter.

They don't offer that option. If someone asks and you refuse to reply that is the same as saying Bush. Politics and religion have always mixed, not much you can do to change that. I agree that beliefs should be a private matter, but I can only take so much before I have to speak out. People can tell when they talk with me that I am a christian, that seems to be why most of the christian bashing conversations are in front of my door, whch is not on the way to anywhere.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:13 pm
i have a sense thhat a national day of healing is not in our immediate future
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:20 pm
cannistershot wrote:
They don't offer that option. If someone asks and you refuse to reply that is the same as saying Bush. Politics and religion have always mixed, not much you can do to change that. I agree that beliefs should be a private matter, but I can only take so much before I have to speak out. People can tell when they talk with me that I am a christian, that seems to be why most of the christian bashing conversations are in front of my door, whch is not on the way to anywhere.

Hm, why don't you stop them dead in their tracks and put down
your boundries? If I were a devot christian and someone would make
fun of that fact, I'd have a somewhat borderline/not so christian answer
for them, that would shut them up for good.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:22 pm
Thank you, good idea.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:24 pm
farmerman wrote:
have a sense thhat a national day of healing is not in our immediate future

funny stuff, farmerman.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:26 pm
cannistershot wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:
you voted. Wink

United States.

private matter.

cannister - you can always refuse to reply if someone asks about your beliefs or your political views. Just walk away. I know you may not love that option, but your vote is private (of course), and your beliefs are your own. Your decision to share these beliefs and views (or not) is yours, not your peers. These people are just busybodies, a problem that crosses party lines as we all know. They're not worth the time spent worrying about 'em.
0 Replies

cannistershot

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:28 pm
I'm just hoping that I am the only one that this has happened to.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:30 pm
I definitely have a problem with Christian bashing. I can't find a blunt enough instrument to bash them with.

Just joshin you cannistershot. I'm sorry that happens to you. It's part and parcel of having the same religion as some rabid nasty fanatics. I bet there are some muslims in this country who feel the same way you do. A sense of humor might help. You could always slap them on the forehead and yell 'BE HEALED!!'
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:34 pm
LOL

I've had bashing/anti-semitism happen to me, and it's no fun and really rather unnerving. It's horrible when anything like this happens here, in this country, in 2004. BTW, can you talk to HR about this?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:36 pm
People bashing the fundamentalist Christians who work to elect people like Bush do not blame all Christians. In fact, there are many Christians bashing the fundamentalists too.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 4 Nov, 2004 06:40 pm
Good point, edgar. I'll keep that in mind for future attacks.
0 Replies