Would you do it all over again?

Krumple

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2017 01:34 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Would you do it all over again?

In the Woody Allen movie, "Hannah and Her Sisters" the Woody Allen character has a spiritual crisis and go shopping, literally, for a new religion. He cites Nietzsche who, he claims, said that when we die we are reborn and live our lives over and over again exactly the same way. Woody says he wouldn't want to "not if I have to sit through the ice capades again".

So, what would you do if you were about to die and some great power said to choose whether you want to be born again and and live your life over again exactly the same way or else just die?

I would but only if I could do things differently. If it was exactly the same, I'd rather chose death.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 03:10 pm
@Krumple,
Yeah, me too. But the rules according to Woody Allen or Nietzsche state that it's got to be exactly the same. It's a dumb rule, but it makes one think.
Krumple

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:30 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

Yeah, me too. But the rules according to Woody Allen or Nietzsche state that it's got to be exactly the same. It's a dumb rule, but it makes one think.

Think about what?

It would be hell to keep living the same exact life endlessly. Its a terrible theory.
coluber2001

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:44 pm
@Krumple,
I don't know if it's really a theory or just something that Woody Allen made up for the movie. It was funny in the movie when Woody said he wouldn't want to live the same life if hTVe had to sit through the ice capades again.

I suppose some people have had such nice lives that they would want to do it all over again, but not I.

Krumple

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:54 pm
@coluber2001,
coluber2001 wrote:

I don't know if it's really a theory or just something that Woody Allen made up for the movie. It was funny in the movie when Woody said he wouldn't want to live the same life if hTVe had to sit through the ice capades again.

I suppose some people have had such nice lives that they would want to do it all over again, but not I.

Some movies I like to see multiple times but usually the first is good enough. I wouldn't want to only see the same movie over and over nothing else for the rest of my life even if it was great.

One time through this life is good enough for me. No thanks but if I could do things different then I'll pull out some money.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 02:58 am
@coluber2001,
yep...
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Mon 24 Apr, 2017 08:19 am
@coluber2001,
Ask the Sun if it would shine all over again...
0 Replies