Your brain is already a musical mastermind

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 03:12 pm
People who don't know anything about how music works hear amazing beautiful masterpieces that they never heard before when they take a very powerful psychedelic drug. That is their brains creating these amazing beautiful masterpieces based upon the musical information that these people have absorbed from the songs of other musical artists. Therefore, this says that you can create the greatest songs in your own mind without having studied up on music theory or anything.

I believe I have created the next greatest Michael Jackson songs in my own head since I have listened to his music. His musical information has become absorbed by my brain and, based upon that informational database, I was able to channel deep within my highly creative abilities and create whole new songs by MJ which are just as great and just as powerful as any of his other songs.

It is like learning the English language. Your brain absorbs all the information and then you are able to create paragraphs and sentences. However, in order to bring these songs into the real world, I have to put actual studying and learning in how to compose since I don't know anything about how music works right now. Hopefully, I will fully achieve my composing dream and get to share all these great masterpieces I hear in my head.

This clearly says that our brains already have the capacity to create great musical masterpieces in our own heads even without having any knowledge of music theory or how music works. You just need the creative ability to utilize that capacity in such a way that you are able to create truly great music in your mind.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,061 • Replies: 5
No top replies

centrox

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 04:54 pm
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:
I believe I have created the next greatest Michael Jackson songs in my own head

That's not really anything to boast about. Beethoven, Bach, Mozart (the best), definitely. Lennon/McCartney, possibly (just). Michael Jackson, never.
MozartLink

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 05:02 pm
@centrox,
I'm not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying that Michael Jackson's music is not that great and that any lay person could replicate an MJ song in his/her mind that meets the greatness of any other of MJ's songs? From there, are you saying that musical artists such as Beethoven are the absolute best and that there is no way I could create a song in my own head that meets the greatness of one of his songs?
centrox

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 01:24 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:
Are you saying that Michael Jackson's music is not that great and that any lay person could replicate an MJ song in his/her mind that meets the greatness of any other of MJ's songs? From there, are you saying that musical artists such as Beethoven are the absolute best and that there is no way I could create a song in my own head that meets the greatness of one of his songs?

That, more or less, is what I am saying. Don’t get me wrong. Michael Jackson was a very talented guy. He hit convincing high notes; his dancing skills were quite impressive; and he had a career that very few can ever dream of. But he was far from being a musical genius and to call him one insults true pop-musical geniuses such as Prince, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, or Kurt Cobain. A musical genius does not need to title himself “King of Pop,” a title Michael told radio stations and MTV they must use in order to have access to his work. A musical genius also does not write and produce sappy songs such as “Heal The World,” a song a first grader could have written.
0 Replies

perennialloner

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 04:17 am
@MozartLink,
You do have more exposure to music than the average person though right?

On the other point, I don't see why MJ shouldn't be classified as a musical genius, or why he couldn't be. Musicians have different strengths. What's important is they have a strength they capitalize on, and MJ had multiple that he utilized to his advantage. Everyone has a different idea of good musicianship. For a long time, I didn't appreciate Mozart, thinking his music emotionless and uninspired, but my opinion has since changed because what I want from music has changed.

I think a lot of people don't think MJ's a "musical genius" because there's no evidence showing he's a great instrumentalist or lyricist, but those aren't the only things that contribute to good music. Songwriting is as much about lyrics and instrumental skill able to wielded as it is creating good combinations to form interesting soundscapes and having a good sense of rhythm.

He's also superior to someone like Lennon, McCartney, and Dylan in singing ability. As a tween, he has a great range with excellent precision of pitch.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2017 09:46 am
@MozartLink,
MozartLink wrote:
there is no way I could create a song in my own head that meets the greatness of one of his songs?

If you think of Beethoven's work as "songs", probably not.
0 Replies