Who do I contact and how?

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 06:28 pm
I have made a possible discovery, a pretty big one if it hasn't been found before. I don't think it has. Anyway, I'm having a lot of trouble finding where to make a claim on a find to make it known and also known that I found it. Any information is greatly appreciated. I've already emailed several places like Smithsonian, national geographic, history etc but, I feel none of them are taking me serious perhaps. I really want to talk to an expert on this. Thanks for any information!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 06:46 pm
@Luckyshamrock,
Is this an invention of some sort?Are you in USA? If so, the U.S Patent Office may be an agency for you. Of course, hiring a patent attorney is an essential.

However, that being said, without some sort of clue or more specifics about what you're on to there's little most can do here to help.

{Edit: you posted this in Archaeology Forum. If this is some sort of an archaeological artifact, then try Smithsonian or National Geographic for starters. }

I can't think of anyone in the forum that is an archaeologist, however there might be someone that might steer you better than I.
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:22 pm
@Luckyshamrock,
If you are talking archeology I would probably start with the nearest large University. From there, somebody proficient in the appropriate field of study can review what it is you have and help get your find going in the right direction (which may be somewhere or may be nowhere, but they will have the appropriate contacts if it is something).

To get on Nat Geo's or the Smithsonian's radar you are going to need some sort of professional peer reviewed findings.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 07:52 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
I agree with Tibble, going to a local University is the way to start. You need to find someone with expertise and some level of credential (i.e. a PhD and maybe some papers published on the subject).

You should also accept the possibility that maybe your discovery is not as impressive as you think. If you find someone with education and expertise, hopefully they will be able to tell you.

I would call the archaeology department of my local college.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 08:29 pm
@Luckyshamrock,
What did you discover?
Luckyshamrock

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2017 10:49 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I believe I've found a previously unknown Nazca Line (symbol) using Google maps. I really think it's legit. It's human like figure with distinctive features, head, eyes, body, arms and legs.
rosborne979

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:32 am
@Luckyshamrock,
Try a local college or university. What did you find? Are you sure you know what it is, or are you guessing?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 06:53 pm
@Luckyshamrock,
Awesome!
0 Replies

Luckyshamrock

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2017 10:54 pm
@rosborne979,
I posted above your comment about it
0 Replies