What is the best dog food?

TAnvirH

Wed 12 Apr, 2017 10:59 pm
I have some dogs. I want to know about the best dog food.

seac

Thu 13 Apr, 2017 02:23 am
@TAnvirH,
Look up any complaints on the dog food you are thinking of buying. I fed my dog this brand (Pedigree) that made him die. I wish I had seen all the complaints on it which are similar to what happened to my dog. Seems whatever poison it is that is in the dog food is sporadic. It will be unlucky to get a bad bag after so many good ones.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 13 Apr, 2017 06:14 am
@TAnvirH,
TAnvirH wrote:

I have some dogs. I want to know about the best dog food.

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/1013/weird-stuffed-lobsters-tacos.jpg
0 Replies

Linkat

Thu 13 Apr, 2017 07:33 am
Thank goodness we changed from Pedigree. Pedigree is what the family we got my dog from had fed their dogs. We thought we were doing best as they had raised many of these dogs and after meeting them they are obviously animal lovers. In part they used this brad because it a previous type of food - I think maybe Iams turned the dogs coat brown - which they are supposed to have jet black fur and another breeder suggested Pedigree.

When we first brought our new dog to the vet, she asked what we fed him and I let her know. She didn't really said anything negative about the brand, but suggested a whole bunch of other brands of dog food. She gave us a list and places we could research. You don't realize how much crap is in the food. We settled on Wellness in part because it was so highly regarded and also I could easily find it in a couple of stores near us.

Now it is not cheap but as the vet explained to me the foods she suggested are more expensive but in the long run cost you less as it is healthier for your pet and thus doesn't cost you as much in vet bills due to health issue as they age. You also tend not to feed them as much portion-wise as they don't need as large of servings to get their nutrients.

Long story short - your best resource is your vet. But we are very happy with Wellness - they have a variety depending on your pet's needs - we tend to get the Whitefish as it is lower in calories and with smaller breeds you do need to measure and be careful as even a small amount too much can cause them to be overweight - another health hazard for pets.
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 19 Apr, 2017 05:12 pm
@TAnvirH,
For years I have been checking out dog foods, and their ratings, at this site. I have been very impressed with the thoroughness of their evaluations and I feel they have been a major help in assisting me to find the best possible foods for my dog. If you select a food that carries one of their highest ratings, I think you'll be on the right track to keep your dogs healthy.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 19 Apr, 2017 06:21 pm
Well, from the dog's point of view, that would be cheeseburgers and pizza.
0 Replies